Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What IHS confirmation form do i include with suuporting documents?  (Read 967 times)

• Liked: 1
im gathering all my information together and wondering what form I need to prove my payment was made to IHS. I wrote my IHS reference number on the top of my application but I have multiple papers I printed out
I have two emails confirming my payment to IHS
and then I have one I printed from the website that gives the IHS ref number and IHS payment reference
and then another that says "complete! your IHS REF number is xxxxxxx"

not sure which one to include.

ALSO I paid for priority processing. do I include the VFS global printout to prove my payment for the priority processing and does this go on top of the stack of supporting documents? on the outer envelope when printing off do I write priority processing?

I am so stressed I want to cry  :\\\'(   I just want this over with!
03.04.15 - Got Married in U.S.
30.08.15 - Submitted Online Application
02.09.15 - Biometrics Appointment
02.09.15 - Mailed Docs to Sheffield (Priority)
07.09.15 - Received email from Sheffield Visa Section confirming my application was being prepared for entry clearance officer to
be reviewed
10.09.2015 - "decision has been made" email!!!

• Liked: 2
Re: What IHS confirmation form do i include with suuporting documents?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 06:13:13 PM »
im gathering all my information together and wondering what form I need to prove my payment was made to IHS. I wrote my IHS reference number on the top of my application but I have multiple papers I printed out
I have two emails confirming my payment to IHS
and then I have one I printed from the website that gives the IHS ref number and IHS payment reference
and then another that says "complete! your IHS REF number is xxxxxxx"

not sure which one to include.

ALSO I paid for priority processing. do I include the VFS global printout to prove my payment for the priority processing and does this go on top of the stack of supporting documents? on the outer envelope when printing off do I write priority processing?

I included both emails received from when I paid my IHS surcharge.

Yes, you should put your priority receipt right on top of the stack of paperwork and make sure you write on BOTH sides of your envelope "Settlement Priority Service". Be sure to send the return waybill as well so they can return all documents to you.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 06:15:23 PM by kcauser926 »
26.06.15 - Got Married in U.S.
26.08.15 - Submitted Online Application
31.08.15 - Biometrics Appointment
05.09.15 - Mailed Docs to Sheffield (Priority)
22.09.15 - Received Acknowledgment Email
23.09.15 - Received Decision Made Email
25.09.15 - Visa Received! :)

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 06:18:02 PM »
Thank you kcrauser
07.09.15 - Received email from Sheffield Visa Section confirming my application was being prepared for entry clearance officer to
be reviewed

• Liked: 537
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 07:07:18 PM »
I included both emails received from when I paid my IHS surcharge.

Yes, you should put your priority receipt right on top of the stack of paperwork and make sure you write on BOTH sides of your envelope "Settlement Priority Service". Be sure to send the return waybill as well so they can return all documents to you.

Unless the OP purchased shipping through VHS as well as their priority processing, there wouldn't be a return waybill... Or have do they have shipping included with priority processing now and I missed people talking about it?

UPS stores won't sell you a return waybill from the UK because they can't create a waybill in the US that has a starting point internationally. I called and spoke to corporate to verify that when my local UPS store said they couldn't do it. And I thought DHL was the same way.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 08:26:13 PM »
Unless the OP purchased shipping through VHS as well as their priority processing, there wouldn't be a return waybill... Or have do they have shipping included with priority processing now and I missed people talking about it?

UPS stores won't sell you a return waybill from the UK because they can't create a waybill in the US that has a starting point internationally. I called and spoke to corporate to verify that when my local UPS store said they couldn't do it. And I thought DHL was the same way.

Unfortunately shipping is not included with purchasing priority. And I was under the impression that there has to be some form of shipping label regardless of what service they decide on for the documents to be returned. I have seen people forget to send something and it just further delays everything. Personally, I am going with VFS for the return shipping just because it is simpler. But seeing other people's nightmares of not getting things back after waiting forever for the decision to be made just sounds like a mess.

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 08:30:49 PM »
And even if it is through VFS, don't you still have to send the print out of the purchase and an envelope?

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 08:54:35 PM »
Do I need to send an envelope for them to return my things in?
be reviewed

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2015, 09:16:11 PM »
Do I need to send an envelope for them to return my things in?

Personally I would say yes, just to be on the safe side. If they don't use it, they don't use it but at least it was there. Are you using VFS?

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2015, 09:21:23 PM »
Okay, to clear some things up about shipping:

1) If you are using VFS for the return shipping, you include return packaging plus the print out of your shipping label from VFS.

2) If you are NOT using VFS, but are using DHL or UPS instead, you would include return packaging, plus you create an online account with either DHL or UPS, and either create an international waybill or just include your online account number with the package... so that Sheffield can charge your account for the return shipping.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2015, 09:28:13 PM »
[quote

[/quote]

I am right there with you, only I have cried. A lot. My actual "life" depends on this Visa.  I have sold my home, my husband has left and gone to live in Scotland ahead of me and my last day of my job of 8 years is this Friday. Everything hangs on this being done right. I don't think I've ever been more stressed about anything in my life! Just so you know, you're not alone!

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2015, 09:32:49 PM »

1) If you are using VFS for the return shipping, you include return packaging plus the print out of your shipping label from VFS.

This is a stupid question but these labels don't have to be printed on label paper do they?  Obviously I don't have any labels that size,  I wasn't sure though whether I should print on paper or wait til I'm ready to mail and if I print it from UPS.

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2015, 09:38:25 PM »
This is a stupid question but these labels don't have to be printed on label paper do they?  Obviously I don't have any labels that size,  I wasn't sure though whether I should print on paper or wait til I'm ready to mail and if I print it from UPS.

I would just print it on paper and include it in your package.

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2015, 09:46:37 PM »

2) If you are NOT using VFS, but are using DHL or UPS instead, you would include return packaging, plus you create an online account with either DHL or UPS, and either create an international waybill or just include your online account number with the package... so that Sheffield can charge your account for the return shipping.

So just to be sure for the VFS return courier we are supposed to include a return envelope along with the printed out waybill and confirmation receipt right?

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2015, 01:02:45 AM »
[quote

I am right there with you, only I have cried. A lot. My actual "life" depends on this Visa.  I have sold my home, my husband has left and gone to live in Scotland ahead of me and my last day of my job of 8 years is this Friday. Everything hangs on this being done right. I don't think I've ever been more stressed about anything in my life! Just so you know, you're not alone!

melfromlou

same here. your entire life depends on these things! its so frustrating. i will be thinking about you in the next few weeks!
be reviewed

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2015, 12:33:05 AM »
melfromlou

same here. your entire life depends on these things! its so frustrating. i will be thinking about you in the next few weeks!

Well, maybe there's truth to there is strength in numbers  ;) I'll be thinking of you too, keep me updated on your progress!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab