Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Biometrics  (Read 341 times)

• Liked: 0
Biometrics
« on: August 30, 2015, 09:40:35 PM »
I am confused about this.  I have two different bits of info from emails received after submitting and paying my fees.  Here's one Your Biometric Enrolment Appointment

"When attending your appointment you must take with you a print out of your appointment confirmation letter (this should be printed in the View Appointment Button above the “Print Your Application Button”) Passport/travel document. Your application will not be accepted at any other location. Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time, if you arrive earlier, you may not be admitted to the application centre. If you arrive after your scheduled appointment time, you may be asked to re-book a future appointment. " This one doesn't say anything about the application or the supporting documentation

And this one does:

"Next Steps–- You must now take your printed application, appointment confirmation, supporting documents and the appropriate fee (unless already paid online) to the address shown below on the date and time of your appointment." 

I am not sending my paperwork from the USCIS office. So do I take it or not? My appointment is tomorrow at 11:00 AM

• Liked: 3589
Re: Biometrics
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 09:51:39 PM »
Okay, the first email is the instruction for people applying in the US. The second email is a generic instruction for all applications, but not everything will apply... in some countries you submit the documents in person at the biometrics appointment, so you need to take everything with you.

But in the US, you don't do this, so you don't need to take the application or the documents with you.

The biometrics process will be as follows:

- You take with you your passport and the printed biometrics confirmation letter.

- They will check your passport and confirmation letter, make sure your details match and stamp the confirmation letter

- They will take your fingerprints and photo and send you home. The whole appointment should take no longer than 5-10 minutes

- You place your stamped biometrics confirmation sheet and passport in the package with the rest of your documents and mail them to Sheffield.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 09:55:05 PM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 0
Re: Biometrics
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 10:13:37 PM »
thanks that makes much more sense

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab