Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Moving to Scotland w/two Doxies  (Read 1230 times)

• Liked: 1
Moving to Scotland w/two Doxies
« on: September 20, 2015, 10:30:04 PM »
Moving first of year with 2 doxies and heard rumor (from my wife) that Vet care is not as good as in the states? Any truth to this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 10:33:09 PM by mpjones58 »

• Liked: 4985
Re: Moving to Scotland w/two Doxies
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 08:39:30 AM »
I haven't had any issues with vet care or know anyone who has.  Why does your wife say that?  If she had a bad experience, it was probably the individual vet or experience.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 12:16:47 PM »
Thank you I think she probably read it somewhere on a site and was most likely a one off thing as you said.

• Liked: 585
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 05:11:58 PM »
I lived in London, Linlithgow, Edinburgh & Glasgow with my (now deceased) greyhound.  We attended vets in each town, and never had any issues at all with poor care/treatment.  Make sure you get pet insurance, and you should be fine.

• Liked: 14
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 07:38:59 PM »
I've lived in Scotland since 1999. Aberdeen, Fife area .. Had two moggies since a few months after I arrived..

I've never ever had any issues with Vet care and have always been quite happy with it.. Just like everything else it can be quite costly.. but then again it tis in the states too..

• Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 03:11:40 PM »
we are moving to Scotland in two months and I am curious about the cost comparative for vet care. I doubt very seriously, as many have already said, that the care is not as good as in the US as Brits love their animals as much if not more than we do! Just wondering if I'm going to be shell-shocked by cost.  I've never had pet insurance here in the States but have seen it mentioned often in regard to the UK. Is it essential and worth it?

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 03:20:33 PM »
The annual checkup for my two kitties with vaccines is roughly £90.  I can't remember how much it used to run in the US....

My kitties are too old to qualify for insurance.   :\\\'(

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 03:50:45 PM »
The annual checkup for my two kitties with vaccines is roughly £90.  I can't remember how much it used to run in the US....

My kitties are too old to qualify for insurance.   :\\\'(

Thanks! That's actually cheaper than it is with my vet.  Or maybe roughly the same, not sure haha  I don't have a total understanding at the moment about the money thing.  Oh that sucks that you can't get insurance after a certain age :(

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2015, 09:13:47 PM »
Moving first of year with 2 doxies and heard rumor (from my wife) that Vet care is not as good as in the states? Any truth to this?

I also moved to Glasgow with my doxie about four years ago! I've never had any issues. The weather is another story, mine hates the rain and thats all it does here! haha

• Liked: 15
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 08:35:13 PM »
You should be okay in Glasgow given that this is there

http://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/vet/sah/

They also have large animal facilities - a friend had her horse operated on there.

Sponsored Links