Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Heart Attack and Prostate Survior  (Read 1300 times)

• Liked: 1
Heart Attack and Prostate Survior
« on: September 20, 2015, 10:39:07 PM »
Moving to Scotland (Glasgow) and I am on meds for Heart Condition (years ago) and just went through Stage 2 Prostate treatment. My company will provide private healthcare...as anyone experienced issues with getting meds? follow ups? continuing care?

• Liked: 4985
Re: Heart Attack and Prostate Survior
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 08:47:38 AM »
Healthcare will likely be NHS care but your private coverage will help you "skip the queue" if you are referred for anything.  I know someone recently posted about moving as a breast cancer survivor and several other members were able to reassure her about continuing care.  Bring notes if you can (and enough medication to last a couple of months) and get set up with a GP quickly.  You may find they want to run their own tests.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 12:15:48 PM »
thank you for the great advice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 73
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 08:10:34 AM »
It appears that cancer patients get very quick referrals in the UK. My husband was referred as soon as his PSA levels increased. Within a week he had his consultant appointment and within another week an MRI and follow up appointment. His treatment began one week after that. Very impressive.
Married 1966, left UK 1969, returned 1998, left again 2000, returned June 2014 (husband on spousal visa) granted FLR(M) November 30th 2016  and ILR on  24th May, 2019. Yeah!

• Liked: 342
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 03:52:16 PM »
It appears that cancer patients get very quick referrals in the UK. My husband was referred as soon as his PSA levels increased. Within a week he had his consultant appointment and within another week an MRI and follow up appointment. His treatment began one week after that. Very impressive.

I assume you live in England as that sounds like NHS England's time response?

Not all are are fast as that.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/582935/Ex-Welsh-NHS-boss-denied-cancer-patients-drugs-moves-England-own-treament

NHS Scotland was behind the NHS England response time, but that should improve now the SNP have taken over the running of NHS Scotland.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 03:53:46 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 15
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 11:37:56 PM »
Sadly the SNP have been running health in Scotland since devolution in 1998 - if they haven't got it right in 17 years its hard to see how they are improving it now.

Response times can be very quick, a friend with bowel cancer saw his GP and got blood taken on Wednesday, phoned Friday morning to be told to come into hospital that day and bring enough to stay till Monday. 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab