Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR for the first time at 30 months. Lots of questions!  (Read 5461 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: FLR for the first time at 30 months. Lots of questions!
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2015, 10:51:53 PM »
There are a few other things that I need to explain in a cover letter, I'm not sure who to address it to this time.
Would it still be the Entry Clearance Officer? Just seems strange as we're not entering!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2015, 11:15:51 PM »
There are a few other things that I need to explain in a cover letter, I'm not sure who to address it to this time.
Would it still be the Entry Clearance Officer? Just seems strange as we're not entering!

No, an entry clearance officer only processes applications for entry clearance from outside the UK.

I'm drawing a blank right now as to what the people who process in-country applications are called though! Maybe just write 'To Whom It May Concern' if you're not sure.

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2015, 11:21:45 PM »
No, an entry clearance officer only processes applications for entry clearance from outside the UK.

I'm drawing a blank right now as to what the people who process in-country applications are called though! Maybe just write 'To Whom It May Concern' if you're not sure.

Thank you!
I did see one in person applicant recently refer to her caseworker.
Not sure if Dear Caseworker sounds right though.

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2015, 05:32:53 PM »
I have a few of those little questions from form FLR(M).

1-My husband will not yet have a home office reference number will he?

2-Q2.2 Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories etc etc (above category being spouse of person present and settled and bio permit)  I have put NO...correct?

3-I'm sure I do but I would just like to hear it from someone else (!) section 4 dependent children. Can I leave this whole section blank?
 He has a child but that child is an adult and not part of the application.

4- In what category were you granted permission to enter the UK?  Not sure what to put.

Many thanks!

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2015, 06:31:32 PM »
1-My husband will not yet have a home office reference number will he?

No, not yet - I think they are usually put on a letter if you are applying from within the UK.

2-Q2.2 Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories etc etc (above category being spouse of person present and settled and bio permit)  I have put NO...correct?

Correct - your first time was the spousal visa, and this is your second visa in this category.

3-I'm sure I do but I would just like to hear it from someone else (!) section 4 dependent children. Can I leave this whole section blank?
 He has a child but that child is an adult and not part of the application.

I believe so. The form is really confusing because it says you only need to list dependant non-UK citizen children under age 18 who are also applying for visas, but then it asks for ALL children you have.

As his child is an adult and presumably is British, I don't see why you would need to fill out this section.

4- In what category were you granted permission to enter the UK?  Not sure what to put.

Category: Settlement.

If you wish, you can also specify which type of settlement visa: Spouse of a UK citizen
(your visa is a settlement visa as the spouse of a UK citizen).

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2015, 07:16:54 PM »
Thank you so much ksand24.

And thanks again for that link to the Registers of Scotland. They were really helpful and they are going to send me a bound extract of the title which is good enough to stand up in court, so that should do!

The form is really confusing ....

You're not kidding!

This next bit has me baffled too. Section 6 Your relationship to your sponsor.

I have filled in 6.1 to 6.7 no problem.

The next part (not numbered but I assume it's meant to be 6.8 ) is not relevant as we have lived at the same address the whole time. So blank.

6.9 Have you lived together permanently in the UK since your last grant of limited leave to remain as a partner?

Now, I'd like to be able to check yes (as we have lived together since we got here) because it says if you have completed 6.7, 6.8 and 6.9 you can skip to 6.16 but he had leave to enter not leave to remain. ...so should this be blank?

If I leave it blank and can't skip to 6.16 then I have to answer 6 .10 which is why do you not currently live with your sponsor which is not right.

I am stuck!

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2015, 07:40:57 PM »
And thanks again for that link to the Registers of Scotland. They were really helpful and they are going to send me a bound extract of the title which is good enough to stand up in court, so that should do!

No problem - glad you sorted it out. It's only recently that I even found out that there was a separate Register for Scottish properties :P.

I have filled in 6.1 to 6.7 no problem.

The next part (not numbered but I assume it's meant to be 6.8 ) is not relevant as we have lived at the same address the whole time. So blank.

It says 6.8 on my version of the form :S.

Are you looking at the most recent application form (April 2015)? I have both the July 2014 and April 2015 versions saved.

The 2014 one has:
Page 21
6.7 When did you start living together?
6.8 How long have you been living together in a relationship?
Page 22
The rest of 6.8 where you list the addresses.

But the April 2015 form has:
Page 21
6.7 When did you start living together in a relationship?
Page 22
6.8 Add all addresses you and your sponsor have lived at in the 2 years preceding this application if you have lived at your current address with your sponsor for less than 2 years.

6.9 Have you lived together permanently in the UK since your last grant of limited leave to remain as a partner?

Now, I'd like to be able to check yes (as we have lived together since we got here) because it says if you have completed 6.7, 6.8 and 6.9 you can skip to 6.16 but he had leave to enter not leave to remain. ...so should this be blank?

If I leave it blank and can't skip to 6.16 then I have to answer 6 .10 which is why do you not currently live with your sponsor which is not right.

I think it's just a badly-worded question and should probably say both leave to enter and to remain, because in order to qualify for FLR(M), you have to show you have lived together permanently in the UK for the last 2.5 years.

If you haven't, you need to have very good reasons and explanations for why not (questions 6.10-6.15), and they can refuse the FLR(M) if you haven't got good reasons why you haven't been living together.

So, I would tick yes and move to 6.16.

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2015, 08:04:00 PM »

It says 6.8 on my version of the form :S.

Are you looking at the most recent application form (April 2015)? I have both the July 2014 and April 2015 versions saved.

Yes, I have the April 2015 version. It must be my computer.  ::)

I think it's just a badly-worded question and should probably say both leave to enter and to remain, because in order to qualify for FLR(M), you have to show you have lived together permanently in the UK for the last 2.5 years.

If you haven't, you need to have very good reasons and explanations for why not (questions 6.10-6.15), and they can refuse the FLR(M) if you haven't got good reasons why you haven't been living together.

So, I would tick yes and move to 6.16.

Fabulous!  ;D Thank you very much!

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2015, 07:39:26 PM »
The financial requirement.

We are applying using category D cash savings in my name.

1-In the meeting the financial requirement section p27/28. There is no place there to check cat D correct? I see that it comes later but it still feels weird not to have a box to check at all in this section!! ( Although I do see that it asks for income so I suppose that's right)

2- 7.3E ii) Contact details for source of income (ie property/financial institution where funds are held). 

Do you suppose they just mean the address of the financial institution (bank in this case)?
But why are they mentioning income when this is the savings section and in any case
the declaration of the source of income is the next question anyway?

3- Page 35viii) Amount in account?  It doesn't specify but I was going to put the amount on the day I have the statements printed. Do you think this is correct as the next question asks for the same- ix) Amount in account for last 6 months and at the date of application?

Thank you  :)

• Liked: 73
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2015, 08:08:20 PM »
That first question bothers me too! As you say, there is no box to tick for savings! I think a previous poster ticked the box for income and then went on to the part of the form that asks for savings. Some however, advise that you should leave it blank until you get to savings.

Yes, that would be the bank where the funds are held. The source would be how you got the savings.

As to the amount, I must look at that again.  I am not sure on this one. I think you are right in your plan even though you would be entering the same information twice!

On another forum someone had more than the required amount in the account and asked if they should put in the full amount as that is what shows up in the bank statement. However, they were advised only to declare the required amount! The other point is that the form asks if you have any other accounts but again, it also says that you only need to declare the required amount. Maybe that question is only applied if you are using two bank accounts to meet the required level? I would love UKVI to ask me to sit with them and edit their forms to make it easier to complete them!

Maybe ksand24 can help please? KFDancer too, I believe applied using savings?
Married 1966, left UK 1969, returned 1998, left again 2000, returned June 2014 (husband on spousal visa) granted FLR(M) November 30th 2016  and ILR on  24th May, 2019. Yeah!

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2015, 08:08:51 PM »
We are applying using category D cash savings in my name.

1-In the meeting the financial requirement section p27/28. There is no place there to check cat D correct? I see that it comes later but it still feels weird not to have a box to check at all in this section!! ( Although I do see that it asks for income so I suppose that's right)

Yeah, it seems weird not to have it as a box to tick, though it does mention making up the income using Category D in the paragraph below the boxes.

Honestly, I just don't think the form has been designed all that well - it does have the categories, but then the list of documents on it is quite vague.

2- 7.3E ii) Contact details for source of income (ie property/financial institution where funds are held). 

Do you suppose they just mean the address of the financial institution (bank in this case)?
But why are they mentioning income when this is the savings section and in any case
the declaration of the source of income is the next question anyway?

Again, I think just a bad design of the form.

From what I can tell, you put the name of the bank in box i) and then the bank address in box ii).

3- Page 35viii) Amount in account?  It doesn't specify but I was going to put the amount on the day I have the statements printed. Do you think this is correct as the next question asks for the same- ix) Amount in account for last 6 months and at the date of application?

I would put the amount in the bank that is shown on the latest statement.

The reason they ask for the amount for the last 6 months is because in order to qualify for Category D, you must have held the minimum amount of £62,500 in the account(s) in full for the entire 6 months, so they want to make sure that the total balance has stayed at £62,500 or more for the whole time.

If it drops below £62,500 at any point at all in those 6 months (even just for a day), you can't use the savings to qualify for the visa and have to wait a further 6 months from the date the balance went back up to £62,500.

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2015, 08:18:31 PM »
So, ksand, are you saying we should leave everything blank and go straight to 73E?
Married 1966, left UK 1969, returned 1998, left again 2000, returned June 2014 (husband on spousal visa) granted FLR(M) November 30th 2016  and ILR on  24th May, 2019. Yeah!

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2015, 08:36:29 PM »
So, ksand, are you saying we should leave everything blank and go straight to 73E?

You need to:

7.1  - tick No

7.2 - tick the first box, assuming no dependents... the income requirement of £18,600... which is what you are showing with the cash savings - 2.5 years x £18,600 = £62.500

7.3 - leave blank as you will not be applying under any of these categories or filling out any of these sections

Go to 7.3E, where there is the box to tick to say you are relying on Category D alone

Complete section 7.3E

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2015, 08:46:00 PM »
Thanks so much!

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2015, 09:35:36 PM »
Michali, ksand24, thank you both very much!

What a super discussion! I am glad that it's not just me...  :D
I agree, I think we should volunteer to sort out the form for them. ;)

The account I'm using is a "working" account, I'm in it all the time, so the balance is all over the place.
For the amount in account for last 6 months I am going to just put "not less than xxx" where xxx is the lowest amount.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab