Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What do I need to do to move in with a friend and his family in the UK?  (Read 617 times)

• Liked: 0

I live in the United States and my friend lives over in England with his family.

There's a very good chance that I'm going to be living with them somewhere down the line. I'll be working for my friend's father along with my friend.

What kind of Visa would I need? This would most definitely be more than a 6 month stay and such.

I don't exactly know where to begin - what preparations (paperwork-wise) would I need? Like a passport and such.

Thanks for reading.

• Liked: 10
Re: What do I need to do to move in with a friend and his family in the UK?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 01:39:23 AM »
Basically what you're describing...you can't do. There is no move-to-England-to-live-with-my-friend-and-work-in-dad's-shop visa.

But maybe if you describe your situation a bit better, we might be able to find a legal path.

- How old are you and what are all the citizenships you hold?
 - Were your parents or grandparents born in any European (EU/EEA/CH) country?
 - Are you still in school? If you are a recent graduate, how long have you been out?
 - Do you hold any degrees? If so, in what?
 - Are you interested in studying for another degree?
 - What type of work does your friend's dad do? What would you be doing there?
 - So, this friend. Is it strictly buddies or is there any potential for romantic involvement? Be honest; it's important.
 - What nationality is your friend and/or his/her family?

It's complicated, and please don't think you can just *move* to the UK. You can't just do that, even if you're from the US. We just need to find the right legal path (if any) for you to follow. Just be aware that there's a strong chance you might not be able to make it happen given your present circumstances.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 01:41:38 AM by london_lad »

• Liked: 4985
Re: What do I need to do to move in with a friend and his family in the UK?
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 08:07:47 AM »
If you are skilled labor, the dad can advertise the job for 28 days and prove that no one else in the UK or EU are qualified to do the job (500 million people).

Then if his company is large enough (HR department, etc.), they can apply for a sponsorship license.

Then if they get that and are willing to pay you a high enough level of pay, they can sponsor a work visa for you.

Is there more to the story?  Is the friend a romantic interest?

Sponsored Links