Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Will my marriage visa be denied now???  (Read 1480 times)

• I'm eating paste!
  • Liked: 0
Will my marriage visa be denied now???
« on: May 19, 2003, 12:42:32 PM »
Hi all. First the good news: got married on May 4th. Yay! I am a US citizen, my now-husband is a British national. Here's the possible bad news: My husband and I left england on 6th May and went travelling around Ireland for our honeymoon til a few days ago, the 17th. My fiance visa expired on the 10th May. And until a few minutes ago when I went to download the marriage visa application forms, I had NO IDEA (I don't know why I didn't but I didn't) that I had to begin the leave to remain visa process BEFORE my fiance visa expired. My only excuse is ignorance--I just thought, I'll come home after honeymoon and fill out the paperwork and send it off. Should I get a lawyer now? Do I have a leg to stand on? Help!

People should fall in love with their eyes closed. Just close your eyes. Don't look. --Andy Warhol

Re: Will my marriage visa be denied now???
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2003, 08:05:22 PM »
I doubt it's grounds for denial, but ring the British Embassy where you got the visa.

• Unavailable for Comment.
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2003, 08:44:35 PM »
It's my personal opinion that they won't deny your visa. I think they'd be really hesitant to break up a couple.

Just explain your situation when you apply.
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2003, 12:16:22 AM »
I am no expert in this field, but the rules are there to catch fraudsters and bogus immigrants, not somebody who misses a nominal deadline by a few days.  

The Home Office may whinge and whine a bit, and make you jump through another hoop, but I can't really see that this is a major cause for concern.
Richard

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab