Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Refused at Gatwick in March, reentering via bus 6 months later  (Read 1863 times)

• Liked: 70
Re: Refused at Gatwick in March, reentering via bus 6 months later
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2015, 02:25:47 PM »
How was your visit?

• Liked: 85
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2015, 06:39:57 PM »
I was thinking that, or getting some reading glasses and wearing them about halfway down my nose and glaring over the top of them...

I have repeatedly practised this in front of the cats using every permutation of words, wave and glasses, and I think it's like the Coco Chanel philosophy: “Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off.” For the record, I feel as if peering over the glasses and giving the wave -- without ever saying a word -- could become my personal signature.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2015, 11:28:25 AM »

I too am intrigued by this little sign-off thing. I keep thinking of like an investment TV show where at the end the guy says, "Now that's bad advice....".

But your user name is also "bad advice".....which leaves me wondering if the snappy end-tag somehow references that.

It's sort of sh*tty, yet, I think, is mysterious enough not to cross the line into total a$$holeishness...

I will allow it.

My user name is a joke... I saw it on Twitter two years ago

That's bad advice

• Liked: 533
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2015, 12:51:35 PM »
My user name is a joke... I saw it on Twitter two years ago

That's bad advice

I am fine with it! I actually sort of admire people who barrel in with Chutzpah.

This one time, I was at one of my high school reunions, and it was a drab affair. And there was this guy named Chuck who was there because he was dating one of my old classmates. I guess you are supposed to be sort of meek if you are the partner not from the school....you know stand around quietly and listen to war stories and smile....but this guy was a barn-burner. He took over as MC about halfway through and had us divided into teams and stuff. I left a little early as Chuck was singing Sweet Caroline...

A lot of people were a little upset by it, but I thought it was great.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

Sponsored Links