Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Mailing off Settlement - Wife Visa Application  (Read 234 times)

• Liked: 3
Mailing off Settlement - Wife Visa Application
« on: October 08, 2015, 10:34:30 AM »
Hello all!

Today is my biometric appointment! I'm both excited and scared, but definitely grateful for everyone here, I couldn't have done this without you, and I am so appreciative.

I have another question haha

After the biometric appointment, it would ease my mind to be able to calmly go through everything again, go through my documents, check one last time.

I'm a bit confused by the wording online: Do I need to mail off the application at the biometric appointment? As in, give everything to them (which I can do, if that's needed) or can I come home, look over everything, and pop it in a UPS box near my house?

The wording online says I have five days from my biometric appointment, but I've also seen "no other location will accept your application and failure to do so could result in delays or denial" so I just want to make sure I do this right.

Again, thanks so much!

• Liked: 4985
Re: Mailing off Settlement - Wife Visa Application
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 11:10:21 AM »
All they'll do at the biometric appointment is look at your appointment sheet and passport.  They then snap your photo and take your fingerprints digitally.

You'll then send everything off afterwards.  Not them.  Some countries you submit the application at the biometrics appointment.  The instructions are generic and useless.   :P

You'll have time to review everything one last time.  Once you put it in the mail, sit back, relax and enjoy your final few weeks with your friends and family.  Try to not think about all the "what ifs" with the application.  Eat a Chick-fil-a for me.   ;)

• Liked: 3
Re: Mailing off Settlement - Wife Visa Application
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 11:26:27 AM »
Thanks so much! Haha, I think putting that package in the mail will be such a weight lifted. I'll definitely have some Chik-Fil-A in your honor!!

Sponsored Links