Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: TriCare  (Read 1013 times)

• Liked: 5
TriCare
« on: November 04, 2015, 01:49:56 PM »
Would like to hear from any retired US military expat about Tricare Overseas.

Re: TriCare
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 07:56:38 PM »
Hi my husband is retired US Army with Tricare for Life and I am Tricare Standard. I doubt I will ever use mine again however as I am UK citizen and he has paid for NHS with his Spouse visa but you never know. I did some research with the Tricare websites and found something called Tricare Overseas (can't remember the actual wording for the title of the website, but I can find it for you if you need it) Most providers (GP's) seem to reside in England, we are in Scotland and couldn't find one! The list is pretty good if you are around London. Looked like you pay the Dr. then file your own claim but I am sure an actual breakdown of how it's done would be available from Tricare. Not an ideal situation but better than nothing if you can't get NHS treatment.  I know that Mildenhall plans to close, not sure which base had the medical facilities Mildenhall or Lakenheath? That was another option my husband was thinking of.
Type of visa applied for: Spouse/settlement Non Priority (my husband from Norfolk, VA)
Online Application Submitted: 14th Oct 2015
Biometrics Taken: 19th Oct 2015
Applications Mailed: 21st Oct, 2015
Package Received in Sheffield: 23rd Oct, 2015
Email confirming receipt of documents: 5th November, 2015
Upgraded to Priority Processing: 27 Nov 2015
Date Sheffield emailed to confirm decision has been made: 8 Dec, 2015
Passport with Visa received 14 December, 2015
Online application for FLR(M) 29 August 2018
Application apprvd 11 Oct 1018

Re: TriCare
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 11:38:25 PM »
Thanks for info,  I sent a PM.  I will be coming on a spouse visa so will get NHS.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab