Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: I need a uk number to use in USA  (Read 1251 times)

• Liked: 0
I need a uk number to use in USA
« on: November 10, 2015, 04:17:50 PM »
I need a UK number that I can use in America. Does anyone know where I can get one?

I want something like MagicJack, where they give you a phone number and you pay for it every month and you can hook it up to ur land line or computer.  I need a UK number so I can call the UK with a British number, if anyone knows something let me know thank you.

• Liked: 5
Re: I need a uk number to use in USA
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 04:34:03 PM »
If you will have internet service in USA then I highly recommend Vonage,  around $35 per month,  unlimited calling to UK.

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 05:25:58 PM »
Does Vonage come with a UK number? I need a UK number, thank you.

• Liked: 5
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 05:32:10 PM »
They have a bunch of programs,  not sure of all the details,  check it out
http://www.vonage.com/

• Liked: 85
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 05:46:52 PM »
You can buy a subscription for a UK number through Skype. For a time, I had a US and a UK number on there, and just chose which number to phone from when using Skype for actual phone calls. Now, I maintain the US-based one, mostly for doing business with US clients, but also as a number attached to the bank account I still have in the US. There's voicemail, so people can leave you messages and won't know you're not actually based in the UK.

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 06:13:01 PM »
You can buy a subscription for a UK number through Skype. For a time, I had a US and a UK number on there, and just chose which number to phone from when using Skype for actual phone calls. Now, I maintain the US-based one, mostly for doing business with US clients, but also as a number attached to the bank account I still have in the US. There's voicemail, so people can leave you messages and won't know you're not actually based in the UK.

I am looking into Skype right now, do they charge by the minute ? So they will not know I am in USA? And they will not know its a Skype number ?

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 06:36:36 PM »
We also used to have 2 Skype numbers, one UK and one USA when we lived in SE Asia. No one calling in knows that they are calling a Skype number, for them it just functions like a regular landline number. If you can run to a Skype phone you'll get a better quality call.

We used to buy a yearly subscription that included free calls for us to anywhere in the world, but we now pay for the one US number and for calls that we make using Skype by the minute. I'm afraid I don't know if its a good deal but we are happy to keep the US number that our children can call without incurring extra cost, and the number is registered with our US bank, credit cards etc. We have an automatic top up from a credit card when the balance falls below ยข50.

• Liked: 6
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 08:24:37 AM »
It's been a few years, but we used Vonage (VoIP) and paid $5/month extra for a UK virtual number for family to call us in the US and for them it was simply treated as if they were calling their neighbor.  We just gave them the UK number we had and when they dialed it, it came through to our landline in the US.  If they didn't already know that we were in the US, they would never know the difference when they dialed us.  The quality was great as well, so I would certainly recommend them to anyone.

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 06:18:48 PM »
Can you use the Skype number or voyage for texting as well? Or is it strictly phone calls?

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2015, 06:22:02 PM »
I really need a Uk phone number for calling + texting as well, can buy a sim card from UK and use it in usa?

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2015, 09:09:46 PM »
You can Skype text out, but not receive them.

You can buy a sim card from Three which you can use in the USA at no extra cost, their website has all the details. I googled "UK sim card to use in USA" and  Three was one of the results. Hope this helps :)

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2015, 09:22:30 PM »
You can Skype text out, but not receive them.

You can buy a sim card from Three which you can use in the USA at no extra cost, their website has all the details. I googled "UK sim card to use in USA" and  Three was one of the results. Hope this helps :)

Well I am in America right now, can I get this sim card on eBay or off their website?  I hope it works, :)

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2015, 10:32:28 PM »
Maybe you should take a look at their website and see how you can purchase the sim card?

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2015, 11:23:30 PM »
I looked and they can send me one to my address but I think it was only uk address..

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2015, 07:33:35 AM »
I looked and they can send me one to my address but I think it was only uk address..

Can your fiance buy one for you in the UK and then mail it to you?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab