Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: I need a uk number to use in USA  (Read 1252 times)

• Liked: 2
Re: I need a uk number to use in USA
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2015, 01:03:27 PM »
Does Vonage come with a UK number? I need a UK number, thank you.
Vonage has what they call Vonage Access service.  If the person calls a special number for their area, then dials your number, they can contact you for the price of a local call.

• Liked: 9
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2016, 06:07:48 AM »
Vonage has what they call Vonage Access service.  If the person calls a special number for their area, then dials your number, they can contact you for the price of a local call.
I've done this a couple ways. Vonage and Skype are options. You need to have the app running and it's pretty clunky for both. I ended up using a SIP client (Zoiper) and getting a UK number from Anveo. I was on really good 4G/WIFi in the States so it worked well for short calls and runs in the background well.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 06:11:51 AM by martiabernathey »

• Liked: 718
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2016, 04:34:06 PM »
I set up a Skype UK number late last year and it works pretty well. If a text is sent to the number it is converted to a voice mail. Cost is under $40/year.

Now that we are in the UK my wife got an O2 SIM card and number, and there is a free app called TuGo that can be installed on up to 4 mobile devices so my wife has it on hers and I have it on mine.  This means that wherever we are in the world, as long as we are in wifi, we can receive and make calls, texts and pick up voice mail as if we were in the UK. 
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

Sponsored Links