Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Finally a bit of good news!  (Read 295 times)

• Liked: 0
Finally a bit of good news!
« on: November 26, 2015, 06:30:56 PM »
I don't think I have posted in here since January so I'll catch you up.  Oliver and I were preparing our application and planning on applying in February when he visited.  A couple weeks before he was set to come over, he lost his job.  I posted about it here and really thought he would recover quickly.  But he didn't and it has been a long 10 months. 

This obviously foiled our plans of applying and so much has happened personally this year - it's just been rough. 

BUT there is a light and I can finally see it! He starts a railway course on Monday and after the 2 week course, he will begin working again!! Have I mentioned it's been a long and hellish 10 months?

I have been convinced that it would be a year between him working and us applying but he mentioned something i may have overlooked. I just dusted off all my old forms and my official ~moving~ notebook and I have a question I need clarified if any of you would be so kind:
Once he gets work, as long as he is employed at this same place (for 6 months) and making the required amount of money per month/year, would we be able to apply after those 6 months OR does he need that AND to prove he's made x amount in the last 12 months? I think I'm confusing two of the appendixes in the forms, but I need to be sure so I can figure out if I need to start CELEBRATING or not, haha. 

You all have been so helpful throughout the last year and a half and I am so ready to be with my (now) HUSBAND :]

I still have a pretty good grasp on required documents (unless anything has majorly changed), it's just those few details that are catching me up right now.

Thank you all and to all the Americans, Happy Thanksgiving!

• Liked: 3595
Re: Finally a bit of good news!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 06:49:14 PM »
Welcome back, and sorry to hear about your tough few months :(.

It's great that thing are looking up now though and that he will be working again soon :).

Once he gets work, as long as he is employed at this same place (for 6 months) and making the required amount of money per month/year, would we be able to apply after those 6 months OR does he need that AND to prove he's made x amount in the last 12 months?

No, if his new salary will meet the requirement, it's 6 months.

The 6 months and 12 months rules are for two separate categories which you can qualify under for the visa... so it depends which category he meets as to whether he has to provide 6 months or 12 months of payslips and bank statements.

The 12 months rule actually allows people to apply for the visa immediately after their spouse has started their new job, rather than having to wait 6 months (i.e. if he had earned £18,600 in the last 12 months, you could apply in 2 weeks when he starts the new job).

Unfortunately though, because he hasn't been working for the last 10 months, you will have to wait 6 months before you can apply rather than being able to apply immediately.

_________________________________________________ ____________________

Category A: with current employer for at least 6 months
- he has been with his current employer, earning at least £18,600 salary, for at least 6 months
- you have to provide 6 months of payslips and bank statements showing a minimum payment of £1,550 before tax each month

Category B: with current employer for less than 6 months
- he is currently been earning at least £18,600 salary but has not been with his employer/has not been earning that salary for 6 months yet (so you provide bank statements and payslips from that job)
AND
- he has earned at least £18,600 in total before tax in the last 12 months... to make up for the fact that he hasn't been in his job for 6 months yet (so you provide 12 months of payslips and bank statements from all jobs in the last year)

• Liked: 0
Re: Finally a bit of good news!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 10:57:38 PM »
Thank you so much as always! We've waited so long anyway 6 months is way better than the year in was thinking. I cannot believe things are finally looking up!!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab