Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spousal Visa Extension  (Read 718 times)

• Liked: 0
Spousal Visa Extension
« on: November 27, 2015, 08:47:49 PM »
It's coming up to the end of hubby's 2 year spousal visa, and we need to do the next step (I think it is an extension?!) That's as much as I know.

Can someone tell me the steps on how to get the ball rolling, what to do, what we need etc?

Thank you in advance! ^_^

• Liked: 18
Re: Spousal Visa Extension
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 11:45:26 AM »
One of our members, Travelingfrog, has developed this super helpful flowchart that lets you know the next step in whichever immigration journey one is taking.

http://kneadtowander.com/uk-visas/

Based on what you've said, I assume your husband's next step would be an FLR-M application, but check the flowchart and if I'm right the link you need is third from the bottom - Further Leave to Remain.

Hope this helps.  :)
Here 2 years as of Oct. 1, 2016.

• Liked: 223
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 10:35:09 PM »
If your husband came on a Spouse Visa and his next step will be Further Leave to Remain. After 5 years in the UK in total, he'll be up for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

It's coming up to the end of hubby's 2 year spousal visa, and we need to do the next step (I think it is an extension?!) That's as much as I know.

Just checking - your husband's current visa is for 33 months, not 2 years (24 months), right?
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 10:11:54 PM »
It is a 33 month visa, yes (my mistake!)

We've printed out the FLR to start tonight, plus guidance notes. Am I right in thinking this visa is £601 plus Biometrics @£40? Do we have to pay the healthcare surcharge?

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 10:26:19 PM »
Am I right in thinking this visa is £601 plus Biometrics @£40? Do we have to pay the healthcare surcharge?

Not quite - the prices go up in April each year and £601 was last year's price...on April 6th 2015, the FLR(M) fee increased to £649.

I had thought that the biometrics fee was included in the application fee for in-country applications, but according to the visa fees document, it costs £19.20
(https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/419449/fees_table_for_website_2015_03_30.pdf)

Yes, you do have to pay the NHS surcharge as all visas valid for more than 6 months are subject to the NHS surcharge (if you don't pay it when you apply, the visa will be refused). The surcharge is £200 per year of the visa, paid in a lump sum when you apply. So for FLR(M), which is valid for 2.5 years, the surcharge is £500.

So, your application costs will be:

- FLR(M) visa fee = £649
- NHS surcharge = £500
- Biometrics = £19.20
And if you decide to apply in person, a premium appointment is £400 extra, on top of those fees.

• Location: Dagenham, Essex, UK (formerly Goldens Bridge, New York, USA)
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 02:58:14 PM »
Hi there, visa holder in question here...

How many months of bank statements from me, and my partner for that matter, are sufficient?  I went into my bank and they said the maximum number of months they will print out for me is 2 (since I can't just print them out from my online banking account). 

Thanks in advance for your help!

Spousal Visa Extension
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 03:33:23 PM »
It depends what financial requirement category you are applying under. The minimum amount of bank statements required is 6 months, but some categories require a full 12 months of statements. Same goes with payslips.

You can print them out from your online account but they will need to be stamped and signed by the bank on every page, or accompanied by a letter from the bank.

How are you meeting the financial requirement? Do you both work? Do you earn £18,600 or more between you? Are you employed/self-employed? How long have you been with your current employer(s)? Are you relying on savings? Etc.

Sent from my iPod using Tapatalk

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 03:53:09 PM »
She is currently on DLA and I have been employed here since 2013, we were exempt from the requirements at the time we applied.  I had planned to provide 6 months of statements since that's what we've done previously, but my bank in New York had no issue providing me with the "official" paperwork so I was surprised at the answer I got here.  Thanks for that, getting the letter is a good alternative.  I'm sure we're going to have another question or two before we finish this...

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 03:50:54 PM »
Thought of another one!

Do the 6 items of correspondence need to be official or should they be a mix of official and personal (i.e. birthday cards)?

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 03:57:01 PM »
They have to be official - a list of acceptable documents is given on the FLR(M) application form.

It include things like tenancy agreements, bank statements, utility bills, letters from NHS, DVLA, HMRC etc.

They need to be from at least 3 different official sources, spread evenly over the 2 years (so every 4 months) and have to be addressed to both of you at the same address... Either 6 jointly addressed documents, 12 individual ones (6 each) or a combination of both.

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 04:09:28 PM »
We've got to do 6 each since we don't have anything coming to both of us... I'm not sure how I'm going to evenly space things out but I do have things from each year.  I read in a separate thread (http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=86419.0) that someone was using 4 months of bank statements as 4 items; does this mean I can use, for example, my HM Revenue letters from each year and count each as one item?

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2015, 07:03:39 PM »
Yes, as long as you have at least 2 other sources between you apart from the HMRC letters, then that should be fine.

You will need 12 items, but only 3 different sources in total.

As you will be submitting individual documents, you'll need to get them as close together as possible.., for example, one in each name dated in January, one in each name dated in April, and so on.

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2015, 01:16:47 PM »
Thank you both for your help, we submitted our application the other day and will know when we know!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab