Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Writing Community in the Cotswolds  (Read 1449 times)

• Wine Social
  • Liked: 0
Writing Community in the Cotswolds
« on: December 01, 2015, 11:58:44 PM »
Hi all!

I'm used to being a city girl (New York and Philadelphia, and even London for a bit), but my husband and I are switching it up for the country life and moving to the Cotswolds (within reach of Oxford). I'm desperately trying to make sure we land in a creative community, as I'm a fiction writer (and sommelier, just to give life a good balance  :P).

We're primarily looking in and around Woodstock and Chipping Norton. But if anyone knows of any other towns or villages in the general area that would be a good fit for a writer, I would very much appreciate the advice! And any other thoughts you might have.

Thanks very much!

• Liked: 36
Re: Writing Community in the Cotswolds
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 01:01:32 PM »
Hi,

I don't think there's any reliable data to show an area is 'good for writers' unfortunately. Other industry sectors do have more reliable data - Cambridge is hot for technology for instance. When it comes to the more 'Artistic' side of things, then I'd cautiously suggest that all over the UK is where you'll find writers, poets, artists etc etc - there's no real one 'area' for them.

I guess there's perhaps some more suggestions that a particular area of the UK is more suited to 'writers', perhaps see if you can find such information through any relevant websites etc?

Cheers, DtM! West London & Slough UK!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab