Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Is Trump for real?  (Read 4457 times)

• Liked: 15
Re: Is Trump for real?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2016, 09:12:57 PM »
I think the rest of the world has just moved from "You Americans and your funny election methods" to "Okay, you're scaring us now". 

• A Photographic Journey
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2016, 05:53:18 PM »
To quote from my previous post "...Donald Trump is an embarrassment to the American people and I swear to God if he gets into office I am turning in my passport. Having lived in the UK for more than 25 years, I have thus far had no desire for a European passport but if this moron gets in then I will be first on the queue for one.  I cannot help but wonder how many people he has paid off and how many favours he has bought to get as far as he has."
Kinky is using a feather.  Perverted is using the whole chicken. 😝😝

• Liked: 585
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2016, 07:00:08 PM »
To quote from my previous post "...Donald Trump is an embarrassment to the American people and I swear to God if he gets into office I am turning in my passport.

If only it was as easy as simply handing in your US passport!  I'd have done it long ago, but the bastards make it very difficult for those of us who want to renounce!   >:( [smiley=beadyeyes.gif] [smiley=behead.gif]

• Liked: 537
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2016, 07:18:53 PM »
To quote from my previous post "...Donald Trump is an embarrassment to the American people and I swear to God if he gets into office I am turning in my passport. Having lived in the UK for more than 25 years, I have thus far had no desire for a European passport but if this moron gets in then I will be first on the queue for one.  I cannot help but wonder how many people he has paid off and how many favours he has bought to get as far as he has."

What I find really weird is Ivanka Trump and Chelsea Clinton (and their husbands) are friends. Can you believe it? I'll have to see if I can find it again. I just read it yesterday.

edit to add: ah, it's all over the gossip mags since I read it yesterday.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 07:20:57 PM by lyonaria »
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• A Photographic Journey
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2016, 07:25:53 PM »
Holy sheeeeeeet! Are you serious???

• A Photographic Journey
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2016, 07:27:42 PM »
How can they make it difficult ???

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2016, 07:28:59 PM »
Holy sheeeeeeet! Are you serious???

Yep.

This is from last year when it really started heating up. http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/chelsea-and-ivanka-put-their-friendship-on-ice-220547
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2016, 07:29:36 PM »
How can they make it difficult ???

It costs over $2k to renounce now.

edited to add: An increase to $2,350, effective September 12, 2014, was justified as "reflective of the true cost" of processing. In 2014, the State Department announced its intention to increase the fee for renunciation of U.S. citizenship by 422% from $450 to $2,350. This followed a fee increase of approximately 220% in 2013. (from wikipedia)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 07:31:05 PM by lyonaria »

• A Photographic Journey
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2016, 07:37:28 PM »
Y-O-U   A-R-E   J-O-K-I-N-G!!!!!  Are you serious.?  They CHARGE you to renounce????  FFS!!!    Of course they raised the price given how many people will do just that if GOD FORBID Trump gets in.

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2016, 07:50:23 PM »
Y-O-U   A-R-E   J-O-K-I-N-G!!!!!  Are you serious.?  They CHARGE you to renounce????  FFS!!!    Of course they raised the price given how many people will do just that if GOD FORBID Trump gets in.

They raised the price back in 2014, that was long before Trump announced he was running. But yeah, it ticked us all of. It's a ridiculous raise in the price. The US government likes to make it difficult on it's expat citizens.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2016, 07:56:05 PM »

The UK charges to renounce citizenship too, but it's 'only' £272 compared with $2,350 for renouncing US citizenship.

Also, if you want to renounce your US citizenship, you have to hold another citizenship first (as you can't be stateless), so unless you already have dual-citizenship with another country, you'd need to get UK citizenship too... which costs £1,236 (compared with about £130 back in the early 90s).

So, in total, to get UK citizenship and then renounce US citizenship, it would cost you over £3,000!

• A Photographic Journey
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2016, 08:07:09 PM »
They screw you anyway they can it seems... I bet Canada is getting ready for a huge influx of Yanks if Trump gets in...

• Liked: 111
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2016, 08:16:59 PM »
I bet Canada is getting ready for a huge influx of Yanks if Trump gets in...

Yes, Canada is already planning for the future!

From Air Canada;

and from Maple Match:

"Make dating great again."

http://www.maplematch.com/

• Liked: 15
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2016, 10:21:33 PM »
"Try your hand at the metric system"

Excellent

• Liked: 12
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2016, 09:03:24 AM »
But it's not easy getting into Canada -- unless you have close relatives or plan on becoming a farmer.  An immigration visa takes 3 years to process and you have to have sufficient funds to support yourself for 6 months when you arrive.  They're funny about bringing your household goods too.

http://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eapp/eapp.do
>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab