Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Where's the Expat Pub? (Greater London)  (Read 8825 times)

• Liked: 1
Where's the Expat Pub? (Greater London)
« on: December 15, 2015, 07:14:51 PM »
Serious! Have we not assimilated yet?! For shame!

Our English cousins would certainly have put this one to bed already. Who wants to get a pint (or g&t) in SW London (or central)?

• Liked: 2
Re: Where's the Expat Pub? (Greater London)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 06:01:01 PM »
Old thread but I'm usually at the hippodrome or the maple leaf if I'm looking for an American night out.  I haven't really found anything else near Central London but I haven't really been looking either.

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 01:30:57 PM »
 I'm in!  SW London sounds the best since I live in Twickenham

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 01:31:40 PM »
Oops, didn't notice that post was so old

• Liked: 2
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 05:59:50 PM »
No worries.  At least we responded.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 02:30:46 PM »
SUPER late response now haha, but I would have been interested had this not been in London! Not that I don't like London and I totally get why you'd pick it (it's probably a good base camp for everyone), but I find it's hard to motivate myself to go into London usually hah
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 1
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 05:03:47 PM »
I'm in!  SW London sounds the best since I live in Twickenham

Obviously we must go to the Sussex Arms. You still in town? I'm in TW as well. KissofDeath, pop over, it's pretty much Surrey!

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 08:02:42 AM »
Obviously we must go to the Sussex Arms. You still in town? I'm in TW as well. KissofDeath, pop over, it's pretty much Surrey!

Sussex Arms?  I was just there last week!  I live at the end of Meadway, so that's pretty much my local. 

I propose a meet up at the Sussex Arms on Sunday Afternoon (26).   Kiss of Death and hubby can take the train or drive, it almost a straight train from Reading.  The Sea Horses could be persuaded and I bet the entire KFDANCER clan could come.  There's a playground in the pub garden

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2018, 09:28:44 AM »
Sussex Arms?  I was just there last week!  I live at the end of Meadway, so that's pretty much my local. 

I propose a meet up at the Sussex Arms on Sunday Afternoon (26).   Kiss of Death and hubby can take the train or drive, it almost a straight train from Reading.  The Sea Horses could be persuaded and I bet the entire KFDANCER clan could come.  There's a playground in the pub garden

I would, but we'll be on holiday.  KoD is also away (it's her big cancelled wedding but going to Poland anyway weekend).

But yeah, plan a date after school starts and I'll be there.  :)

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2018, 10:36:59 AM »
Sorry - catching up after the weekend of not being on here! (Was studying my cheeks off for Life in the UK test! haha)

Yeah I'm away from Thursday until Monday night but what's the postcode for Sussex Arms? I want to be nosey and see how far of a drive it is. I'm sure if you picked a different date KFD and I would definitely make the effort to go! Now that I drive, it makes getting around (and to the station to get into London) less of a hassle than it was when I initially responded 2 years ago lol
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2018, 06:31:47 PM »
Sorry - catching up after the weekend of not being on here! (Was studying my cheeks off for Life in the UK test! haha)

Yeah I'm away from Thursday until Monday night but what's the postcode for Sussex Arms? I want to be nosey and see how far of a drive it is. I'm sure if you picked a different date KFD and I would definitely make the effort to go! Now that I drive, it makes getting around (and to the station to get into London) less of a hassle than it was when I initially responded 2 years ago lol

It's 15 Staines Rd, Twickenham TW2 5BG

It's an easy drive to Reading, or a fine train ride if you want to drink.  I'd recommend  coming into Richmond and take a lazy walk along the River, then cross the bridge to Eel Pie Island and explore the hippy community.  Then on to dinner with us!

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2018, 07:03:50 PM »

It's an easy drive to Reading, or a fine train ride if you want to drink.  I'd recommend  coming into Richmond and take a lazy walk along the River, then cross the bridge to Eel Pie Island and explore the hippy community.  Then on to dinner with us!

Oh yeah! Only a half hour drive! Not bad at all!

My, how time flies....

• Liked: 957
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2018, 10:41:02 PM »

Is Rugby still going on? I learned that's not such a fine train ride when there's a match on, often standing room only if you get the timing wrong for normal travel... But I don't even know where to look to keep an eye out!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2018, 11:08:16 PM »
Is Rugby still going on? I learned that's not such a fine train ride when there's a match on, often standing room only if you get the timing wrong for normal travel... But I don't even know where to look to keep an eye out!

https://www.englandrugby.com/twickenham/whats-on/#

But rugby fans are so much fun!  ;D

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2018, 11:18:24 AM »
Unfortunate that I've got such a packed day today as I'm actually in London today! LOL Over by Waterloo (sort of....Southwark area)
My, how time flies....

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab