Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Help! Confused about Insurance  (Read 1135 times)

• Liked: 0
Help! Confused about Insurance
« on: January 11, 2016, 01:30:45 PM »
I'm a student in London on a 3 yr visa, and have done something to really mess up my back. I'm in a lot of pain and can't use the left side of my torso/upper body so I decided to try and find a chiropractor.
However, I'm really confused on how much I will have to pay. I paid for National Insurance when I got my visa but since a chiropractor is private I know it's not covered in that payment.
I'm also listed under my parent's Blue Cross Blue Shield but don't know what the international options are.

Does anyone know what my options are for insurance coverage? Has anyone used their US insurance while in the UK?

Thanks!

• Liked: 4985
Re: Help! Confused about Insurance
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 01:33:36 PM »
If you want to use a private doctor, you'll need to find out what their rates are.

You'll also need to find out about your specific policy that you have for international insurance.  They are all different.

Feel better.  You could always see your regular GP or go to an urgent clinic for a treatment plan (at no out of pocket cost)

• Liked: 533
Re: Help! Confused about Insurance
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 01:51:30 PM »
Yes, go to your GP first. Sounds dreadful.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

Sponsored Links