Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Our application  (Read 2077 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: Our application
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2016, 02:44:48 PM »
Pleased to say that the fiance visa was approved late last week and we received the passport back on Monday.

Thank you again for all your help (especially ksand24) - is a lovely feeling and a huge sense of relief. His flight is booked for the end of the month.

Congratulations :D! Happy to help :).

Travel
From my research, I believe the fiance visa is a multi-entry visa.
I am going to Germany for a week in June, and I really want him to come with me. I understand this should be okay as we will not yet be married.
So is this correct, and there should be no issues entering the UK again once the week is over?

Yes, the fiance visa is multiple-entry and it's fine to travel as long as you aren't married yet.

The issue with leaving the UK after you are married but before you have the FLR(M) visa, is that you will no longer be a fiance, so technically, you no longer meet the requirements to re-enter the UK on a fiance visa.

I don't think there's a definite rule about it, but I think some people have had problems returning to the UK on a fiance visa in the past when they have already married.

Banking
Anyone have any advice on setting him up a bank account? I believe all that is required is ID and a proof of address to set up a basic bank account with a debit card - please correct me if I am wrong.

It seems to be a mixed bag when it comes to opening bank accounts. Some people have had no problems at all opening an account, while others have found that it's taken them months to be allowed to do it.

Generally I believe he will need his passport and visa, along with proof of UK address (utility bill etc.).

Best thing to do would be to hunt around, ask different banks what their requirements are and see what options they give you. Also, get his name on bills/utilities as soon as you can, and start saving your mail in both names (this is also in preparation for co-habitation evidence required for your next visas).

• Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2016, 08:38:02 PM »
So Chad is now here and it's wonderful that we can now start our life together at last.

Our wedding is set for July.

In regards to the next stage of applying for the spouse visa, what is the process now? I appreciate I need to do a lot of research on it but is someone able to give me a quick overview of the procedure? At least we won't have the challenge of applying when we are 5000 miles between each other :)

Any hints or tips as to what we should be doing / saving for evidence?

Many thanks.

• Liked: 170
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2016, 10:15:21 PM »
Same as for fiance visa, but updated docs. Also include marriage certificate. A photo of the two of you from the wedding is also a good idea. Get his name added on a bill or bank account and you can send that in as evidence that you live together (not strictly necessary for the initial FLR, but can't hurt!).
2004-2008: Student Visa
2008-2010: Tier 1 PSW
2010-2011: Tier 4
2011-2014: Tier 2
2013-2016: New Tier 2 (changed jobs)
16/12/15: SET (LR) successful! - It's been a long road...
12/05/16: Citizenship ceremony!

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2016, 09:27:12 PM »
Hi all,

Our wedding is set for next week and we have a premium FLR(M) appointment booked for a few days later, so we are currently getting everything ready.

Does anyone know what the deal with travel would be straight after approval. If all goes well, we are keen to jump on a last minute plane somewhere for a warm honeymoon, instead of having to spend it in the UK.

Would there be any issues coming back in to the UK when Chad will not have his resident permit yet?

More of a general question, but what is the procedure for entering the UK on a FLR(M)? Do you show your resident permit at passport control? I believe you don't get a visa sticker added to your passport like you have for the fiance visa.

Many thanks for any help.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2016, 10:23:42 PM »
Hi all,

Our wedding is set for next week and we have a premium FLR(M) appointment booked for a few days later, so we are currently getting everything ready.

Does anyone know what the deal with travel would be straight after approval. If all goes well, we are keen to jump on a last minute plane somewhere for a warm honeymoon, instead of having to spend it in the UK.

Would there be any issues coming back in to the UK when Chad will not have his resident permit yet?

More of a general question, but what is the procedure for entering the UK on a FLR(M)? Do you show your resident permit at passport control? I believe you don't get a visa sticker added to your passport like you have for the fiance visa.

Many thanks for any help.

For entering on Further Leave to Remain you have to have your BRP card and your passport at immigration. Once you have applied for your FLR his Marriage Visa is canceled.

It is better to wait until he has his BRP card for traveling, but I think some people have traveled without it. One of them will chime in I'm sure.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2016, 10:43:52 PM »
I would advise that he doesn't travel until after he has the BRP card (which most people get within 2-4 days of the appointment).

The BRP card is his visa and there will be no sticker in his passport, so if he travels without it, a) his fiance visa will no longer be valid for entry into the UK and b) he won't have a valid visa to show that he lives in the UK.

As lyonaria said, a couple of people may have tried it and been okay (I can't remember off the top of my head), but I would avoid it if at all possible. It'll only be a few days to wait for the BRP card and it's safer to wait for it than to travel without it and risk having problems at immigration when coming back into the UK.

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2016, 10:50:05 PM »
Scotland it is then, and a warm weekend away in a few weeks :)

Many thanks for your help.

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2016, 01:26:09 PM »
Afternoon all,

We are currently filling out the FLR(M) form and have a query about our names.

We will be getting married shortly and will be taking on each others names to have a double barrel surname.

For the application, does Chad state only his single surname or does he apply with his double barrel surname, as stated on the new marriage certificate.

Just concerned about the resident permit being issued in the double barrel name and not matching the passport.

Many thanks

• Liked: 170
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2016, 01:34:03 PM »
Afternoon all,

We are currently filling out the FLR(M) form and have a query about our names.

We will be getting married shortly and will be taking on each others names to have a double barrel surname.

For the application, does Chad state only his single surname or does he apply with his double barrel surname, as stated on the new marriage certificate.

Just concerned about the resident permit being issued in the double barrel name and not matching the passport.

Many thanks

It will have to match the passport. If you want to have the double barrel name for your visa you will first need to change the passport. Mostly we recommend you do this right before renewal of your FLRM because you will otherwise need to pay to have it changed... A new passport will take up to 6 weeks (but generally more like 3 or 4 weeks). If you have this amount of time before you apply for the first FLRM, then you can do that before, but please be aware of when your fiance visa expires...

Not sure if you will need a deed poll or not for both of you to have your names changed...
2004-2008: Student Visa
2008-2010: Tier 1 PSW
2010-2011: Tier 4
2011-2014: Tier 2
2013-2016: New Tier 2 (changed jobs)
16/12/15: SET (LR) successful! - It's been a long road...
12/05/16: Citizenship ceremony!

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2016, 01:39:22 PM »
Thank you.

Do you think it is okay to sign the marriage certificate in the double barrel name then? Is this likely to be accepted for the application stage?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab