Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Keep everything crossed please  (Read 603 times)

• Liked: 82
Keep everything crossed please
« on: February 04, 2016, 07:15:50 PM »
So I have filled out, checked and rechecked the application. Fixed the major error that would have caused a refusal. Organised everything, labelled everything, made a contents list. Now ask I have to do is mail it off in the morning and keep everything crossed.....and hope my application is approved sooner rather than later. Maybe I'll just forget about it and be surprised when it arrives........

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
Re: Keep everything crossed please
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 07:49:26 PM »
So I have filled out, checked and rechecked the application. Fixed the major error that would have caused a refusal. Organised everything, labelled everything, made a contents list. Now ask I have to do is mail it off in the morning and keep everything crossed.....and hope my application is approved sooner rather than later. Maybe I'll just forget about it and be surprised when it arrives........

Don't forget about it just yet, keep an eye out for the biometrics letter which should arrive in the first couple of weeks. Once you've submitted your biometric info, then you should forget about it!  ;)

Good Luck JennyEye!  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 08:14:56 PM »
Good idea xxxx

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 10:35:02 PM »
So my application is now travelling from Liverpool to Durham. I'm sick to my stomach. Keep thinking I have forgotten something. Even tho I have checked it a billion times.....in the post office 3 times while in line. Now we wait......

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 07:52:22 AM »
So my application is now travelling from Liverpool to Durham. I'm sick to my stomach. Keep thinking I have forgotten something. Even tho I have checked it a billion times.....in the post office 3 times while in line. Now we wait......

I can totally relate to the compulsive re-checking!  ;)

• Liked: 73
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 08:52:56 AM »
Me too! I remember telling myself that, as soon as everything was posted, I would put it out of my mind (ours was to take three months to process) but, of course, it did not work like that! I kept thinking of reasons why it might be refused.
Married 1966, left UK 1969, returned 1998, left again 2000, returned June 2014 (husband on spousal visa) granted FLR(M) November 30th 2016  and ILR on  24th May, 2019. Yeah!

• Liked: 18
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 12:07:27 PM »
Me three!  I expected the FLR-M to be easy peasy after the fiance visa - silly me!  I did exactly what everyone else does, anxiously awaited each and every piece of information they would deign to throw our way. 

Really!  Would it kill them to at least throw out a weekly email update or something?!?  ::)

Keeping things crossed for you JennyEye.  Here's hoping your wait is short and you're able to keep your mind otherwise occupied.  :)

... just wondering if I was the only one who thought being cryogenically frozen for the duration of the wait sounded like a good thing?   ;D
Here 2 years as of Oct. 1, 2016.

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 08:39:16 PM »
How long does it normally take??? I would have paid out for an in person appointment, bit read somewhere you couldn't do it if you have had a previous refusal......silly me filling out the first application while grieving and not understanding correctly.

I wish they would tell me now. My baby girl is waiting to hear if her mummy can stay.....Even tho it only arrived this morning :)

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 08:39:57 PM »
Oh and being frozen during the wait period would be awesome!!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 08:45:50 PM »
How long does it normally take??? I would have paid out for an in person appointment, bit read somewhere you couldn't do it if you have had a previous refusal......silly me filling out the first application while grieving and not understanding correctly.

Generally, it takes about 1-2 months to process an FLR(M), but it does depend how busy they are when you apply, so the processing times can vary.

You're not supposed to book an in-person appointment if you have a refused visa, because if they have to look into the reasons for the previous refusal, they may not be able to make a decision same-day, in which case, they would have to turn you away and would tell you to apply by post instead.

It doesn't say specifically on the UKVI website that you can't use the service if you have a refused visa, but it does say the following:

You can’t use the premium or super premium service if you’re:
-    someone whose case is complex because of personal circumstances

And in general, if you have previous refused visas or entries to the UK, the application will require further processing, so they may not be able to make a quick, same-day decision on it.

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2016, 09:01:16 PM »
That's what I read. It is annoying, I know it was my fault, but surely, in this day and age, it should be on my electronic file.........Jennifer applied, refused cause she used self employment and savings, rectified and reapplied, successful.

I nearly included my refusal as well.

Oh well, countdown starts today

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2016, 09:35:19 PM »
I think it was KFdancer that told me... just think of all you can do with the 400gbp you saved.

That helped me quite a lot!  ;)

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2016, 02:23:22 PM »
Ooooooh my bank accounts available balance is £649 less than my current balance.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab