Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Pay raise - 6 months or 12 months bank statements?  (Read 552 times)

• Liked: 0
Pay raise - 6 months or 12 months bank statements?
« on: February 05, 2016, 05:57:35 AM »
Hi All!

Quick question-

My husband (UK) has been working for his company for about 6 years now. 5 months ago he received a pay raise, but prior to that he was still earning above the required 18,600.  This pay increase was noted in the letter from his employers that will be in with my supporting docs.

Because he was earning above the required amount from the same employer before his raise, will 6 months of bank statements and payslips suffice?
I ask because I am checking "no" in both the 3.12 and 3.13 boxes in Appendix 2.

For reference:
3.12   Has your sponsor been in employment with the same employer and earning the amount, as detailed in 3.11 above,
continuously for 6 months prior to the date of the application? (Category A) Yes   If ‘Yes’ go to 3.21   No   If ‘No’ go to 3.13

3.13   Has your sponsor had other salaried employment, in the UK, in the 12 months prior to the date of application? (Category B) Put a cross (x) in the relevant box
Yes                               If ‘No’ go to 3.20

I am assuming we still fall under category A.....   Is this right?

• Liked: 3595
Re: Pay raise - 6 months or 12 months bank statements?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 06:26:47 AM »
Because he was earning above the required amount from the same employer before his raise, will 6 months of bank statements and payslips suffice?
I ask because I am checking "no" in both the 3.12 and 3.13 boxes in Appendix 2.

Since he has been earning more than £18,600 for the whole period, he can apply under either Category A and send 6 months, or under Category B and send 12 months.

If he sends 6 months of bank statements and payslips, then UKVI will only take the LOWEST of the 6 payslips and use that to calculate the salary used for the application. As long as this payslip is still more than £1,550 before tax, giving at least £18,600 when multiplied by 12 months, he will qualify under Category A.

However, doing it this way may affect how you answer the questions on Appendix 2... because you may need to use his OLD salary for the questions, not his new one, in order to be able to answer YES to 3.12 and NO to 3.13 instead of the other way around.

So, basically, you have 4 options for how you apply:

1) Tick Category A, use his OLD salary for 3.11 and then tick YES to 3.12 and NO to 3.13... they will use the lowest payslip to calculate the income, which should therefore match the OLD salary you put.

2) Tick Category A, use his NEW salary for 3.11 but still tick YES to 3.12 and NO to 3.13 (since he has been with the company more than 6 months and has been earning over £18,600 for the whole time)... they will use the lowest payslip to calculate the income, but this will end up being lower than the NEW salary used in 3.11

3) Tick Category B, put his NEW salary for 3.11, tick NO to 3.12 and Yes to 3.13, then include 12 months of payslips and bank statements

4) Wait another month to apply, so that you have 6 payslips showing the new salary and apply under Category A as normal.

Really, though, it doesn't matter which boxes you tick because he meets the requirements anyway, regardless of which category and salary you use... it's just going to be a case of deciding which way you feel most comfortable doing it.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 06:23:25 AM »
Thanks! 
Not sure how picky they will be with my application answers matching up with the actual calculated salary. I reckon I will put the lower of the two amounts to play it safe.  I'd like to think they wouldn't penalize me if he actually makes more than I state in the application...

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 06:31:00 AM »
The only thing that matters is that he has been making more than £18,600 for at least 6 months.

So as long as the lowest payslip amount, multiplied by 12, comes to £18,600 or more, and you have included all the required documents, in the right format, they can't refuse the visa based on finances.

He can always explain in his sponsor letter that he currently earns the new salary amount but has used the old salary in the application because he hasn't earned the new salary for a full 6 months yet.

Sent from my iPod using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab