Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UKM Application Submitted from South Africa  (Read 672 times)

• If you believe...You will achieve!
  • Liked: 0
UKM Application Submitted from South Africa
« on: February 05, 2016, 10:32:52 AM »
HI all,

Anyone else applying for British Citizenship and Passport? (UKM or UKM Application through decent?) Here is my timeline. I am hoping there is someone else from Cape Town who can tell me what their experience has been and if they have been approved yet? I hate waiting and i am reaching my 6 month mark already.  :-[

Eligibility criteria: UKM (decent by Mum, and born before 1983)
Method of application: Through a company called Move Up in Cape Town South Africa
Date of sent to Liverpool office: 1 September 2015
Date of receipt by UK Liverpool HO: 03/09/2015
Date of debit of fees: not sure as the funds were taken from Move Up but they confirmed it was taken
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Never received anything
Date of Biometric Enrollment: Received a letter dated 5 October 15 and had the (B/E) done 2 November 2015
Date of receipt of approval: Waiting
Date of Ceremony: Waiting

• Liked: 3595
Re: UKM Application Submitted from South Africa
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 12:17:45 PM »
Hope you hear back soon :).

Pretty much everyone on this forum is moving from the US to the UK, so I doubt there will be anyone here who has applied for UKM from South Africa.

I know that currently UKM applications made in the US are taking about a year or so... but that's only because there are no UK citizenship biometrics facilities set up in the US yet, and so no one can actually give biometrics there... and that's what's causing the hold-up.

However, this doesn't seem to be an issue for South Africa, since you have already been able to give biometrics, so I think it's just going to be a case of waiting to hear from them now.

You might have more luck finding information about South Africa applications on one of the immigration forums that covers applications from other countries as well - such as Expat Forum, Immigration Boards or British Expats

• If you believe...You will achieve!
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 12:35:06 PM »
Hi thanks for replying and yes while i know this is for those applying from the US i was hoping maybe someone slipped through applying from South Africa. :D I am actually moving to the US myself. I want to join my fiance there by June 16. (hopefully) It would be easier for me with a British passport. (so i heard) O well thanks. the SA forums are useless. Nothing much on there for me to see regarding UKM applications.

Have a great day further.

• Liked: 2
  • Location: North Carolina on my way to Chipping Norton 3/16!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 03:54:24 AM »
Yep, A US to UK applicant here. Applied in September '15, had fees debited in September but heard nothing since. Will be going over to the UK in about 3 weeks to hopefully get things rolling a bit faster :/ Good luck!
I am a North Carolina girl born and raised, yes I love sweet iced tea, Texas Pete and biscuits and gravy....but England is where my soul feels at peace and I can't wait to get there.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab