Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Basis for Denials  (Read 290 times)

• Liked: 2
Basis for Denials
« on: February 05, 2016, 04:09:07 PM »
Has anyone been denied a Visa due to glitches with the documentation?  I'm just curious as to how particular they are when it comes to various aspects of the application. 

For example, would they accept a printed copy of an email if it included a company or law firm logo and you had it notarized as a certified copy of an email you had received.

I'm a bit stressed over the accommodation thing as all I have is a copy of the rental agreement and a letter confirming that I have permission to stay at the property.  Both were sent to me as email attachments, but my local attorney is willing to have his office notarize them as being certified copies??  He is also agreeable to providing a letter on his firm's letterhead stating that they are true and correct or something to that effect.

• Liked: 387
Re: Basis for Denials
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 06:04:38 PM »
It's not unheard of for people to be refused visas due to incorrect or insufficient documentation.  All supporting documents should be originals or certified copies, and if neither can be produced, a letter explaining why should be included (though there would need to be exceptional circumstances where an original or certified document cannot be produced).

Playing devil's advocate here, the document attachment could have been altered electronically at any point after scanning (not hard with Photoshop or any other image editing program) and the attachment you show your lawyer could be different than the original paper copy.  So how is your lawyer able to definitely say the attachment is a true copy of the original without having the original to hand? 

Is there a reason you can't have the original copies mailed to you?  What is your timeline?  Can you have them FedEx'ed/DHL'ed to you in time?

• Liked: 2
Re: Basis for Denials
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 06:10:56 PM »
I'll just need to reschedule the biometrics.  I have the originals coming, but they won't arrive until at least Thursday and my biometrics appointment is Monday afternoon- So concerned about getting everything there within the 5 day window.  I that I had everything before I submitted, but just erred on the lodging thing.

Many thanks for the advice...

Sponsored Links