Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Do you guys think this will work for proof of lodging?  (Read 245 times)

• Liked: 2
Do you guys think this will work for proof of lodging?
« on: February 05, 2016, 05:33:35 PM »
My biometrics appointment is Monday, so I'm on a bit of a short string and just completely failed to realize I needed an original/certified copy of our rental agreement.

So what I have is as follows:

1) emailed attachment of rental agreement in my wife's name.
2) emailed attachment of letter from leasing company on their letterhead stating I have their permission to reside at the property once I'm in the UK.

My local Attorney advises he has a 'certification form' he has previously used successfully in these situations (but not necessarily for UK purposes). 

He will view the email attachment directly on my laptop and complete the certification form attesting to the fact that they are certified by him to be true and correct copies of the originals.  He will sign this form with his credentials and have his signature 'notarized' with raised seal.

Will this meet the requirements?

• Liked: 3595
Re: Do you guys think this will work for proof of lodging?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 05:44:38 PM »
I'm confused about how that will work - in order for him to be able to certify/notarise the copies, surely he must have the originals in front of him to compare them so he can certify that he has seen the originals and that the copies are exactly the same?

Can you not just have your wife overnight the originals to you using FedEx/UPS/DHL?

If she sent them tomorrow, you could have them by Monday , or you could always reschedule the biometrics appointment for a later date to make sure you have everything.

Do you have the original documents of everything else as well? Such as her financial requirement documents (bank statements, payslips, employer letter), original sponsor letter from her etc. If not, she will need to mail them to you as well.

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 05:57:02 PM »
Basically, he is looking at the original as scanned in the UK and sent directly to me,  and he seems to think his certification as a 'Officer of the Court' in this county will suffice.

Maybe I should just reschedule the biometrics- I didn't realize that was an option.

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 05:58:04 PM »
I do have originals and/or certified copies of everything else.

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 06:08:19 PM »
Also, my UK wife isn't currently working, but I'm able to meet the financial requirement on my own with non-employment and pension/retirement income and have that all properly documented. 

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 06:13:52 PM »
Basically, he is looking at the original as scanned in the UK and sent directly to me,  and he seems to think his certification as a 'Officer of the Court' in this county will suffice.

My point is that a scanned copy is just that - a copy... it's not the original. Therefore, if he certifies that it is a true copy of the original printed copy, without having seen it, he's basically lying on a legal document.

The whole point of certifying or notarising something is that he is confirming that he has seen the original and has held it side-by-side with the printed copy and has confirmed that they are identical.

If he hasn't seen the original (which he won't have), then he can't certify that the copy is a an exact replica of it... and if you have the original, then you don't need him to certify it anyway, because you can just send the original.

Maybe I should just reschedule the biometrics- I didn't realize that was an option.

I'm pretty sure you can.

The Visa4UK FAQ says the following (https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/Home/ViewFAQ):

Can I make my appointment before my payment is complete?
    If your appointment is made through Visa4UK and you have also paid online, then you can: 1. Click the 'View Appointment' button 2. Click either the 'Update Appointment ' or 'Cancel Appointment'. If your appointment is made on a Commercial Partner external website, then you will need to contact them. You can find further guidance on appointments for your country at https://www.gov.uk/find-a-visa-application-centre .

Can I change my appointment location?
    If your appointment is made through Visa4UK and you have also paid online, then you can click the 'View Appointment' followed by the 'Update Appointment ' option in your application. You can use this to change your appointment location within the Visa Issuing Office Region options displayed. If you are looking for an appointment in another region or a different Country you will need to raise a new application with the relevant new location details. If your appointment is made on a Commercial Partner external website, then you will need to contact them.

Also, my UK wife isn't currently working, but I'm able to meet the financial requirement on my own with non-employment and pension/retirement income and have that all properly documented. 

No problem - just checking, because usually it will be the UK spouse who is providing all the financial documents as they will be the one meeting the requirement with their income :).

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 06:25:02 PM »
I see what you mean- it could be a basis for denial if they're looking for a reason to do so.

Of course, I cannot get the 'original' missive of lease as the leasing company is required to keep it.  And, I'm not sure I can get them to take it to a post office and get a certified copy.  They're pretty cooperative, but I'm not sure they would be that accommodating.  Also, since there is a 3rd party involved (the property owner) and she lives in England, having a second 'original' done up isn't a viable option.

It's a bit of a dilemma- but then no one ever said it would be easy, haha!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab