Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Rentals and pets?  (Read 1661 times)

• Liked: 2
Rentals and pets?
« on: March 06, 2016, 10:19:35 PM »
How much harder will it be for me to find a flat that will allow 2 small dogs and a cat around London.  I'm looking to stay inside the m25 and closer to central London.  I could travel a little outside the m25 if I had to.

• Liked: 342
Re: Rentals and pets?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 01:40:03 AM »
How much harder will it be for me to find a flat that will allow 2 small dogs and a cat around London.  I'm looking to stay inside the m25 and closer to central London.  I could travel a little outside the m25 if I had to.

"Inside the M25" is huge. It will be harder to find somewhere that takes pets, especially as you have more than one pet and you won't get the nicest of rentals, but there will be someone who will allow them. Be prepared to pay a much higher deposit.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 07:45:40 AM »
I am really angry with my flatmate because of her cat! His red hair on my bed, clothes, food, in my mouth... She is too lazy to care about him. The only problem about having a pet is its owner's responsibility

• Liked: 70
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 08:34:21 PM »

Did you find any place?  We never did, we always conveniently forget to tell our landlords and none knew about our cat except our current landlord.  We only have 1 cat though.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 05:57:25 PM »
Well we still haven't found one.  We have decided to get away from London and go outside the m25 a little in hopes of finding a place.  We dealt with far too many shady people while looking inside the belt.  Currently we are working on finding a place in Woking, which is still close enough to my job and has what appears to me, a more normal rental market.  Time will tell I guess. 

• Liked: 18
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 04:43:03 AM »
It took us a long time to find a rental that was ok with pets and right for our family. We put in the application, and it took them nearly a month to give us an answer. Turns out the estate agent forgot to mention no pets in the advert. They didn't care about the cat, but were worried about our dog.

I the end they said yes, provided we give them a pet fee and have the carpets professionally cleaned and pet treated when we move out. This in spite of the inspector saying all but two rooms' carpet needs replaced, and the landlords will be renovating when we leave.  ::)

We're not in London but rather the southwest. I think it's difficult anywhere these daysthough. Good luck!
Moved to the UK April 2006
Married March 2007
Moved to the U.S. June 2009

Husband accepted new job in UK April 2016
Returning to UK Aug/Sept 2016!

Moved from UK-Germany 2022

Sponsored Links