Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Document Check List  (Read 1209 times)

• Liked: 0
Document Check List
« on: March 10, 2016, 11:05:01 PM »
Hey guys,

We are applying for my wife to join me in the UK and are currently filling out the forms online. (Settlement > Settlement > Wife)

We have gathered together all the documents below and just wanted to double check we have not missed anything!

We have a few questions, after we submit the form online and pay the fee's how long is it until my wife has to go and get Biometric's done? Do we get given a date when submitting and paying or?

Whats the best way to mail the documents do people recommend UPS or any particular service? Also the return packaging? (I'm just thinking back to when doing my passport years back and was told we could need send it via Royal mail tracked.)

Applicant (US citizen) Wife
- Printed online application form - Not yet completed
- Completed VAF4a form
- Completed VAF4a Appendix 2 form
- Stamped Biometrics Confirmation Sheet - No appointment made yet
- 2 passport photos
- her passport
- proposed flight itinerary - We have not booked any until we get confirmation of visa, does this matter?
- Receipt for priority processing - We will pay for this when we submit online
- Return shipping packaging
- Return shipping details

Sponsor (UK citizen) Me Husband
- Certified copy of my UK passport photo page
- Sponsor letter stating my wage, my living accommodation and that I meet the financial requirements. Also a list of documents I'm including.

Accommodation
- a copy of my tenancy agreement
- a letter of no obligation from the land lord that my wife is ok to stay at the property
- a letter from my father giving my wife permission to live with us and stating that the home will not be overcrowded (me and my father are on the Tenancy agreement.)

Finances
Category A:
- 6 months of original payslips showing a pre-tax income of at least £1,550 on each one
- 6 months of original bank statements showing the deposit of every payslip
- letter from my current employer stating:
    1) how long he has worked there,   
    2) his current salary,   
    3) how long he's been earning that current salary,
    4) the type of employment
- my original job contract
- my latest P60

Relationship evidence
- marriage certificate
- 1 photo from our wedding
- 1 photo from last Christmas of us together
- 1 photo from last summer
- 1 photo from when we first met
- boarding passes from trips to see each other
- physical letters and cards sent to each other
- 2 pages of email screenshots 1 from 2014 and 1 from 2015
- 2 pages of facebook messenger screenshots 1 from 2014 and 1 from 2015
- 2 pages of skype screenshots 1 from 2014 and 1 from 2015

Thanks again to the members of this forum you have made this whole process so much easier!

• Liked: 6
Re: Document Check List
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 05:31:35 AM »
This list looks good, may I ask  how it all worked out?

Thank you,

Met Husband: November 1st, 2014 (UK)
Married: July 29th, 2016 (USA)
Biometrics: August 19th, 2016
Visa Arrived In Sheffield: August 24th, 2016
Confirmation of Documents Received E-Mail: September 16th, 2016

Not so patiently waiting approval :)
(PRIORITY APPLICATION)

• Liked: 35
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 02:34:04 PM »
Hi HazDS,  I've put my comments in purple.

Hey guys,

We are applying for my wife to join me in the UK and are currently filling out the forms online. (Settlement > Settlement > Wife)

We have gathered together all the documents below and just wanted to double check we have not missed anything!

We have a few questions, after we submit the form online and pay the fee's how long is it until my wife has to go and get Biometric's done? Do we get given a date when submitting and paying or? She'll choose her closest office then it offers available dates for her to pick from.  She'll need to print out & take the confirmation sheet with her.  She'll have 5 days (NOT 2 weeks like website says) to mail out everything.  I had everything else ready & mailed it all out within 3 hrs of BIOS.

Whats the best way to mail the documents do people recommend UPS or any particular service? Also the return packaging? (I'm just thinking back to when doing my passport years back and was told we could need send it via Royal mail tracked.) I used the VFG site for UPS there & back service.  Also went with priority & stuck a return envelope in but you can choose not to on these.  You also can do UPS yourself there & set up an account for Sheffield to get into to charge for the return.  NOT Fed-ex!

Applicant (US citizen) Wife
- Printed online application form - Not yet completed
- Completed VAF4a form
- Completed VAF4a Appendix 2 form
- Stamped Biometrics Confirmation Sheet - No appointment made yet
- 2 passport photos
- her passport Include ALL if she has more than 1
- proposed flight itinerary - We have not booked any until we get confirmation of visa, does this matter? Don't book yet--there's a spot on the forms to say your intended flight date.
- Receipt for priority processing - We will pay for this when we submit online Make sure this sheet is on the very top of your stuff.  I used a 1" sleeved binder (your choice to use or not) & taped this sheet to the front (Sheffield kept the sheet).
- Return shipping packaging
- Return shipping details

Since you're using priority, make sure to write SETTLEMENT PRIORITY SERVICE in large neat print on the white bits on BOTH sides of the UPS envelope. (I even wrote it on the ends & the corners so they couldn't miss it--but that was probably overkill lol).  And make sure the words aren't obscured by the label--UPS worker was going to stick the label right on top of what I'd written.

On inside front cover of binder I taped an itemized list of what was included.  Your choice on this.

Sponsor (UK citizen) Me Husband
- Certified copy of my UK passport photo page
- Sponsor letter stating my wage, my living accommodation and that I meet the financial requirements. Also a list of documents I'm including.

Accommodation
- a copy of my tenancy agreement
- a letter of no obligation from the land lord that my wife is ok to stay at the property
- a letter from my father giving my wife permission to live with us and stating that the home will not be overcrowded (me and my father are on the Tenancy agreement.)

Finances
Category A:
- 6 months of original payslips showing a pre-tax income of at least £1,550 on each one If these came in the post, you're fine.  If printed from online each page must be signed by your boss/manager.
- 6 months of original bank statements showing the deposit of every payslipIf came in the post, you're fine.  If printed from online each page must be stamped at the bank.
- letter from my current employer stating:
    1) how long he has worked there,   
    2) his current salary,   
    3) how long he's been earning that current salary,
    4) the type of employment
- my original job contract
- my latest P60

Relationship evidence
- marriage certificate
- 1 photo from our wedding
- 1 photo from last Christmas of us together
- 1 photo from last summer
- 1 photo from when we first met
- boarding passes from trips to see each other
- physical letters and cards sent to each other
- 2 pages of email screenshots 1 from 2014 and 1 from 2015
- 2 pages of facebook messenger screenshots 1 from 2014 and 1 from 2015
- 2 pages of skype screenshots 1 from 2014 and 1 from 2015

Thanks again to the members of this forum you have made this whole process so much easier!

Your wife may or may not get emails from Sheffield.  As long as you know the parcel arrived there, they'll get to it.  I went priority, it was signed for on 1 July, I heard nothing.  Began haunting the UPS tracking site.  On 21 July UPS showed movement.  25 July parcel arrived back.  25 July I got email from Sheffield saying they'd made a decision.

I won't say don't panic or stress because we all did.  Fingers crossed for a quick response.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 02:42:31 PM by redhawk »

• Liked: 537
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 03:23:39 PM »
Hi HazDS,  I've put my comments in purple.

Your wife may or may not get emails from Sheffield.  As long as you know the parcel arrived there, they'll get to it.  I went priority, it was signed for on 1 July, I heard nothing.  Began haunting the UPS tracking site.  On 21 July UPS showed movement.  25 July parcel arrived back.  25 July I got email from Sheffield saying they'd made a decision.

I won't say don't panic or stress because we all did.  Fingers crossed for a quick response.

Just as an FYI: The company is VFS Global that you can purchase one way or round trip shipping (and Priority processing) from. the shipping is just set price UPS shipping that VFS Global set up with UPS for you. It may or may not be the route you want to use. People sometimes have trouble printing their labels and it can be more expensive than shipping it through UPS yourself. You can ship up to 5 pounds. (you're application doesn't even need to come close to that weight)

If you think it's too much hassle to do it yourself, then go with VFS Global. I shipped it myself because spending $240 on shipping was ridiculous to me. My shipping only cost me $75 each way (total of $150).

I received all of the emails that Sheffield is supposed to send, not everyone does. That's part of the appeal that redhawk is talking about, you already have your tracking info for the return shipping and if you don't receive the emails, you'll be able to see if there is movement of the returning application from UPS website.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 6
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 07:55:45 PM »
Just as an FYI: The company is VFS Global that you can purchase one way or round trip shipping (and Priority processing) from. the shipping is just set price UPS shipping that VFS Global set up with UPS for you. It may or may not be the route you want to use. People sometimes have trouble printing their labels and it can be more expensive than shipping it through UPS yourself. You can ship up to 5 pounds. (you're application doesn't even need to come close to that weight)

If you think it's too much hassle to do it yourself, then go with VFS Global. I shipped it myself because spending $240 on shipping was ridiculous to me. My shipping only cost me $75 each way (total of $150).

I received all of the emails that Sheffield is supposed to send, not everyone does. That's part of the appeal that redhawk is talking about, you already have your tracking info for the return shipping and if you don't receive the emails, you'll be able to see if there is movement of the returning application from UPS website.

I was so confused on how to do it through UPS myself? Setting up a user account and all that stuff. Is it easier than what Im seeing? Do you think if I walk into a UPS store with all ready to ship they can assist me? and assist with the return portion as well?

Thats what Im nervous about the return envelope and how to make sure it is all set up appropriately to make sure it doesn't get denied do to shipping errors that would be silly and also to make sure it is easily able to be returned to me.
Met Husband: November 1st, 2014 (UK)
Married: July 29th, 2016 (USA)
Biometrics: August 19th, 2016
Visa Arrived In Sheffield: August 24th, 2016
Confirmation of Documents Received E-Mail: September 16th, 2016

Not so patiently waiting approval :)
(PRIORITY APPLICATION)

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 08:09:28 PM »
I was so confused on how to do it through UPS myself? Setting up a user account and all that stuff. Is it easier than what Im seeing? Do you think if I walk into a UPS store with all ready to ship they can assist me? and assist with the return portion as well?

For the return shipping, you set up an online account with UPS or DHL and include the account number with your documents. Your account will then be charged for the return shipping when Sheffield are ready to return the documents.

For the outbound shipping, you go into a UPS or DHL store with your documents and ship it as you would any other package.

Thats what Im nervous about the return envelope and how to make sure it is all set up appropriately to make sure it doesn't get denied do to shipping errors that would be silly and also to make sure it is easily able to be returned to me.

Just include an envelope big enough to fit your documents.

The shipping label will be printed by UKVI Sheffield when they charge the shipping to your account.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 08:38:41 PM »

All you need to do is set up an account online, a short form to fill out and you have to add a credit card. Make a note of your account number and include it in your paperwork for Sheffield, might be good to include in your letter.

Then, when you have everything together and ready to go, take it to a UPS or DHL store, whichever are in your area, and have their lovely staff deal with the outgoing shipping for you.

If you paid for priority shipping make sure that receipt is the top piece of paper in your package and write priority processing in large letters on the front and back of the package where the shipping label doesn't go.

You could do the shipping yourself, by using your online account, it's easier to have the UPS  store or DHL store do it for you. ☺
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 11:51:27 AM »
Hello again, we are getting ready to send in the application and want to take up the suggestion of reviewing the documents we plan to submit. They are:

1. VFS Global Settlement Priority Processing Receipt
2. UPS Prepaid Return Shipping Label (Air Way Bill)
3. Signed Online Visa Application Printout
4. Completed Appendix 2 (VAF 4A December 2013)
5. Sponsor Letter
6. Evidence of Accommodation – Confirmation Letter signed by home owner and Land Registry Documentation
7. Notarized copy of Sponsor’s bio-data passport page
8. Applicant and Sponsor’s Marriage License
9. Applicant’s Final Judgment of Divorce
10. Sponsor’s Divorce Decree Absolute
11. Applicant and Sponsor’s records of business Partnership and associated tax document
12. Examples of Applicant and Sponsor’s joint federal and state tax agency correspondence back to 2005
13. Examples of Applicant and Sponsor’s Health Insurance correspondence and 2015 IRS form proving Health Coverage
14. Letter from Applicant’s Investment Management Company showing brokerage account cash account balance, transaction detail and monthly brokerage account statements – January 2016 through July 2016
15. Applicant’s UK specification passport photographs (2)
16. Applicant and Sponsor photographs including wedding picture
17. Applicant’s current passport and prior passports (earliest issued May 1970)
18. Copy set of Applicant and Sponsor’s specific original documents requested to be returned

Request to “Please return these very important original documents:”
   Applicant and Sponsor’s Original Marriage License
   Applicant’s Two Original Judgments of Divorce
   Sponsor’s Divorce Decree Absolute
   Applicant and Sponsor’s records of business Partnership and associated tax document

Our particular concern is that the originals of tax agency correspondence (State and Federal) includes items from various years 2011 to 2005. Any more recent tax info would be copies of returns which we understand are not acceptable. In light of this our question is - is this all of this enough to establish our long term relationship? FYI we met 2001, have lived together since Oct 2003 and were married in early 2004.  Thanks as always.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 12:17:09 PM »

14. Letter from Applicant’s Investment Management Company showing brokerage account cash account balance, transaction detail and monthly brokerage account statements – January 2016 through July 2016

Are you using cat D to meet the financial requirements?
I wouldn't bury this in with your relationship evidence or it could be missed.
Are the latest statement and letter recent enough? They must both be dated within 28 days of the online application so depending on which day in July they are dated, you may need to update these.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 06:21:59 PM »
Thanks - no the evidence re taxes is not to do with meeting the financial requirement but rather providing proof that we have been a fully engaged partnership/married couple these last twelve-thirteen years...

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2018, 11:46:47 AM »
Hi guys,

Just wanted to say thank you to all again for the help my wife has been living here in the UK for just under 2 years.

We just wanted to check that we have recently moved house to another area due to work, do we need to notify HMRC regarding the move or?

Thanks again,

Haz

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2018, 11:53:19 AM »
We just wanted to check that we have recently moved house to another area due to work, do we need to notify HMRC regarding the move or?

You need to inform UKVI of the move so that they can update the details on the BRP card.

You just fill out this form and send it off - even though it says it's only for points-based visas, it's the only way to do it, so just add in that you have a settlement visa:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/notification-of-change-of-circumstances-form-mcc

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2018, 11:56:09 AM »
Thank you Ksand, we already have that form downloaded but just wanted to double check with the points based thing.

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2018, 12:00:36 PM »
Thank you Ksand, we already have that form downloaded but just wanted to double check with the points based thing.

Great :). No problem :).

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2018, 03:37:41 PM »
Hi Ksand,

We have filled out the form to what we believe right, we noticed this in the help section.

The applicant should complete the
Points Based System Migrant Change of
Circumstances form to notify the UK Border
Agency of a change in his/her circumstances.

A separate form is available for changes to
sponsors details; this form can be obtained on
the UK Border Agency website at
www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk [nofollow]

Do I as her UK Husband need to fill in this separate form or? (I'm having trouble finding that one)

Thank you again!

Haz

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab