Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: South Devon College in UK on tier 4?  (Read 2780 times)

South Devon College in UK on tier 4?
« on: March 22, 2016, 09:55:35 AM »
Hi! So I'm considering going to college in the UK before going to a University.
South Devon College is the closest to the place I'm considering. I know that college in the UK is where students go before they can go to university, but is it considered higher education?
Would I be able to go there on tier 4? It is not a school listed on
https://studentaid.ed.gov/.../international-schools-in...
so I'm wondering on whether or not I will be able to get funds/loans to go here? Thoughts?

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
Re: South Devon College in UK on tier 4?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 11:21:26 AM »
What course would you be doing? A levels? Foundation year? Something else?
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 11:24:14 AM »
What course would you be doing? A levels? Foundation year? Something else?

I just thought about going to college rather than applying straight to university today and I'm still researching, so I'm not too sure. It's a bit confusing with so many options. I'm going to end up taking whatever is required to go to University.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 11:53:28 AM »
I just thought about going to college rather than applying straight to university today and I'm still researching, so I'm not too sure. It's a bit confusing with so many options. I'm going to end up taking whatever is required to go to University.

While A levels are the usual way into university - as has been mentioned previously, they are taken as qualifications in individual academic subjects - there are other options.

Depending on what you will need to get into the university you want, to study what you want to, you may be able to do a Foundation Year instead of A levels.

Foundation Years are usually offered by universities and are a way to get into university if you have the ability, but not the qualifications to study for a degree. So, you complete the Foundation Year, and it should then allow you to enter into an undergraduate degree programme.

You mentioned Exeter University in your other posts - Foundation Years are offered at Exeter for international students:
http://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/foundation/foundation/
and
http://www.intohigher.com/uk/en-gb/our-centres/into-university-of-exeter/studying/our-courses.aspx

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 11:56:38 AM »
Well, you should probably decide what you want to study before thinking about visas. Some colleges can sponsor Tier 4 and some can't. You'd need to check with the college to see if they could sponsor you. However I'd suggest starting by contacting the university and see what they would require from you for the course you want to take. Universities will be much better equipped to sponsor visas than colleges, on the whole. If your current qualifications aren't enough, the uni might offer a foundation year and sponsor your visa for that.

If university is your goal, you should start there and work backwards.
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab