Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Cheez It  (Read 5921 times)

• Liked: 0
Cheez It
« on: March 24, 2016, 10:55:00 AM »
Hey everyone,

I don't know if this question has been asked before, but I wanted to see if anyone knows where I can find Cheez It in the northwest or through an online source that ships to the UK?

• Liked: 223
Re: Cheez It
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 12:05:23 PM »
I haven't found Cheez-its in the UK, but I have found Goldfish! I know they're not the same, but they are cheesy crackers. Goldfish are sold under the name 'Finz' here and they're still made by Pepperidge.
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

• Island Life (without the palm trees)
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 03:36:33 PM »
I LOVE CHEEZ-ITS! I have everyone who visits bring me large boxes. We also have them bring Goldfish for our toddler, which makes him very popular at playdates! I'm glad to hear we can find them here as well! (Though we have such a stockpile at the moment we could probably start selling them!)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 10:31:31 PM »

• Island Life (without the palm trees)
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 08:50:50 PM »
My hero(ine)! Luckily my folks are visiting in a few weeks so I don't have to shell out £6 but give me a few months without my precious Cheez-Its and I won't think twice about it. :)

• Liked: 387
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 10:50:51 PM »
I found a box at the Tesco near Covent Garden.  Just like how I remembered them!   ;D ;D ;D

DH wasn't impressed, but that's okay.  Like root beer, more for me!

Surprisingly, they weren't in the American or international section; they were in the aisle with the usual crackers and crisps.  Though, heads up to anyone going to get some, a box was something around £3.75.  Yeah, almost 4 quid.  Our fresh red velvet cake from the bakery was cheaper than that...

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 04:37:54 PM »

Surprisingly, they weren't in the American or international section; they were in the aisle with the usual crackers and crisps.  Though, heads up to anyone going to get some, a box was something around £3.75.  Yeah, almost 4 quid.  Our fresh red velvet cake from the bakery was cheaper than that...

To be fair, I don't know if I trust the food in the American/international section! I've always had bad experiences there (in Tescos anyway) as the food is either already out of date or just barely in date and the price is still outrageous as you mentioned! I usually just make a list and beg whoever is coming to visit next to take some or stock up on my visits home (and stockpile the items I know will last long like Jello Pudding and cake mix! haha)

Has anybody had any issues with the "sell by" dates on those American Food websites or have they always been okay? Was always curious about them but wasn't sure I wanted to take the risk :)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 533
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 05:23:27 PM »
Has anybody had any issues with the "sell by" dates on those American Food websites or have they always been okay? Was always curious about them but wasn't sure I wanted to take the risk :)

I made a box of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese that was two years out of date, worked just fine...to be honest I think the half-life on that powder puts it low and to the right on the periodic chart....
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 154
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 05:56:48 PM »
To be fair, I don't know if I trust the food in the American/international section! I've always had bad experiences there (in Tescos anyway) as the food is either already out of date or just barely in date and the price is still outrageous as you mentioned! I usually just make a list and beg whoever is coming to visit next to take some or stock up on my visits home (and stockpile the items I know will last long like Jello Pudding and cake mix! haha)

I saw peanut butter Oreos at Tesco the other night for SIX pounds. The pricing is so outrageous.

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 06:07:01 PM »
I saw peanut butter Oreos at Tesco the other night for SIX pounds. The pricing is so outrageous.

Ugh that makes me want to vomit...it's not even like a big package! It's usually like a small sleeve of them!
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 223
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 06:27:19 PM »
I found some tortilla chips (an actual US brand and actually from the US) marked down to half-price at our Tesco a few weeks ago.

I only got one bag as I was sure they'd be stale or crushed or something, but they tasted perfectly fine. DH finally got to see that tortilla chips aren't all oily, salted messes.  ;)
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

• Liked: 111
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 07:16:57 PM »
To be fair, my husband was craving Ribena. That bottle cost $8.99. A bottle of Ribena that's not even real juice. We freaked out when we saw an English lady come up right next to us and buy four bottles. She said she would pay double for "elderflower squash" but she can't seem to find it anywhere. Ugh. I bought my son a small jar of Marmite (someone has to like it) as a birthday treat because it cost nearly $10. So, we all pay outrageous prices for comforts from home.

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 07:25:26 PM »
To be fair, my husband was craving Ribena. That bottle cost $8.99. A bottle of Ribena that's not even real juice. We freaked out when we saw an English lady come up right next to us and buy four bottles. She said she would pay double for "elderflower squash" but she can't seem to find it anywhere. Ugh. I bought my son a small jar of Marmite (someone has to like it) as a birthday treat because it cost nearly $10. So, we all pay outrageous prices for comforts from home.

I would buy elderflower squash if I could fine it here in the UK! Hahaha how have I never seen that?!
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2016, 11:56:46 AM »
As if the sell by date makes the slightest difference when you are buying pop tarts and Lucky charms.  That stuff will outlast us if we don't eat it first.

• Liked: 533
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2016, 12:50:16 PM »
As if the sell by date makes the slightest difference when you are buying pop tarts and Lucky charms.  That stuff will outlast us if we don't eat it first.

You know I once ate a can of tuna that was two years out of date. And I'm thinking....this fish has been dead and sitting in this can for over two years. It was absolutely fine....but a weird concept.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab