Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Cheez It  (Read 5972 times)

• Liked: 1260
Re: Cheez It
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2016, 01:18:01 PM »
As if the sell by date makes the slightest difference when you are buying pop tarts and Lucky charms.  That stuff will outlast us if we don't eat it first.

Dunno if I agree with that one  :o I've had some PRETTTTYYYY stale cereal before that was only just pass sell by! hah I'm fairly boring with my pop tart choices so they aren't really sold over here (I stick with plain brown sugar because I am absolutely wild lol).
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 585
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2016, 06:48:19 PM »
I would buy elderflower squash if I could fine it here in the UK!

I've seen elderflower squash in Asda and Sainsburys... the brand is Bottle Green.

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2016, 06:50:07 PM »
I've seen elderflower squash in Asda and Sainsburys... the brand is Bottle Green.

Ah right! I know what you're talking about now. I always just thought it was sparkling flavoured water or juice. Didn't realize it was squash!
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 387
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2016, 10:44:14 PM »
Belvoir also does an elderflower cordial; I personally prefer their brand to Bottle Green.  For some reason, I get this very slightly odd aftertaste with Bottle Green, but not with Belvoir.

• Liked: 533
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2016, 07:45:35 AM »
For some reason, I get this very slightly odd aftertaste

I think it's called elderflower.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 585
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2016, 12:12:00 PM »
Ah right! I know what you're talking about now. I always just thought it was sparkling flavoured water or juice. Didn't realize it was squash!

It's actually 'cordial', but it's the same thing, really.  You mix it with water.

• Liked: 68
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2016, 12:46:16 PM »
Has anybody had any issues with the "sell by" dates on those American Food websites or have they always been okay? Was always curious about them but wasn't sure I wanted to take the risk :)

There was a big American foods store near.me and I went and got a few things, came home to see the Hannover's pretzel bites were three months out of date. Although they do warn on their website that items may be near or just past their sell by date, I didn't take three months to mean JUST past. I wasn't too pleased but tried them anyways and they were fine.

I think there's a lot of imported foods are close to a sell by date because of the time it takes them to get shipped and through customs. It's frustrating when you want to stock up on things if you think k you may not come cross them again.

• Liked: 387
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2016, 02:27:54 PM »
I think it's called elderflower.

It could just be my tastebuds, but there's definitely a difference between the two brands.  Both are lovely elderflower, but Bottle Green does leave a bit of an odd slightly chemical aftertaste when Belvoir doesn't.

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2016, 09:22:59 PM »
For what it's worth, I made these before and they were a decent stand in for the Cheez-its I was missing:

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/parmesan-basil-cheddar-stars

I just did mine as squares. I'm not fancy enough for tiny stars. :)

• Island Life (without the palm trees)
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2016, 02:23:12 PM »
Two different Tescos in Newcastle have started stocking Cheez-Its in their American food section, so the secret must be getting out!

• Liked: 537
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2016, 02:25:44 PM »
Two different Tescos in Newcastle have started stocking Cheez-Its in their American food section, so the secret must be getting out!

They've had them at my Tesco in Ashby de la Zouch for 2 months or so. I've yet to figure out why they stock which american items. Some of them are outright weird...
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2016, 02:27:24 PM »
They've had them at my Tesco in Ashby de la Zouch for 2 months or so. I've yet to figure out why they stock which american items. Some of them are outright weird...

I've always wondered about the logic behind some f the items stocked in the "American" food aisle hahaha Some of it is SO random....

I usually stay away though because I've seen far too many items close to - if not already out of - sell by date. I know it's just a suggestion in most cases, but still turns me right off.
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 537
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2016, 02:34:02 PM »
I've always wondered about the logic behind some f the items stocked in the "American" food aisle hahaha Some of it is SO random....

I usually stay away though because I've seen far too many items close to - if not already out of - sell by date. I know it's just a suggestion in most cases, but still turns me right off.

I haven't seen any in Tesco outside their date. I didn't think they were 'allowed' to sell anything outside of it? I always check the dates on things. Most things are okay outside of their date for a short period of time, but if they have fat in it it can go rancid without being obvious until you eat it. That is not a nice flavour, I know from experience. blech. Now I always check dates on things knocking about my cupboards.

I did a delivery order from Tesco and one of my usual grocery items was outside the date and they gave me my money back on it and apologised because it shouldn't have happened.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2016, 02:45:16 PM »
I haven't seen any in Tesco outside their date. I didn't think they were 'allowed' to sell anything outside of it? I always check the dates on things. Most things are okay outside of their date for a short period of time, but if they have fat in it it can go rancid without being obvious until you eat it. That is not a nice flavour, I know from experience. blech. Now I always check dates on things knocking about my cupboards.

I did a delivery order from Tesco and one of my usual grocery items was outside the date and they gave me my money back on it and apologised because it shouldn't have happened.

Oh I totally agree that most things are okay outside of their date, but mentally I just can't! haha

I'm not sure if legally they can or not but I've definitely seen it!
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 1892
Cheez It
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2016, 03:57:29 PM »

You live near Conkers!  That's a great place.  We used to go to a Folk Music festival there and drink beer with the ex miners. 

I've been meaning to se what's playing, the kids have been asking to go back to Conkers.

Sponsored Links