Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Frozen Burritos??? Do they exist in the UK ANYWHERE?  (Read 4365 times)

• Liked: 8
Frozen Burritos??? Do they exist in the UK ANYWHERE?
« on: March 31, 2016, 09:17:05 AM »
I've been craving frozen burritos. I know there's a thread on here from some years back where someone said they are sold at some supermarkets, but apparently not anymore.

Not even Google seems to be much help.

Does anyone know a way to get any in the UK, either imported (like Tina's or Little Juan or EL Monterey) or UK made?

• Liked: 533
Re: Frozen Burritos??? Do they exist in the UK ANYWHERE?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 09:20:50 AM »
EL Monterey

I had forgotten about those things....my goodness they were nice when you got home late at night....

I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 223
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 01:20:08 PM »
I'm not positive about frozen burritos but I've seen some of the Amy's brand food at Whole Foods. In the states, Amy's makes frozen burritos but I'm not sure if they're sold in the UK.

Disclaimer: Amy's brand is all vegetarian/vegan so it might not be quite the burritos you're looking for.
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 02:09:11 PM »
I actually just found Amy's burritos when I searched the nearest Waitrose during my lunch break.

It was quite tasty, but I am disappointed that there was only one kind and it was vegetarian.  Some chicken in there would have tasted fantastic.

• Liked: 223
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 05:12:04 PM »
I actually just found Amy's burritos when I searched the nearest Waitrose during my lunch break.

It was quite tasty, but I am disappointed that there was only one kind and it was vegetarian.  Some chicken in there would have tasted fantastic.

Yeah, the whole Amy's brand is vegetarian. Perfect if you're vegetarian or vegan (Amy's soy mac and cheese really hit the spot when I was vegan), but it won't cure any meaty burrito cravings you have. ::)

Could you add your own chicken or would that defeat the purpose of buying a frozen burrito?
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 05:32:24 PM »
I'll have to check out Amy's (especially if they have it at 'normal' stores).  My daughter is dairy free but can have soy.  Would love to give her some mac n cheese!

• Liked: 584
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 07:15:09 PM »
I used to work at the Whole Foods in Giffnock, near Glasgow.  They definitely sold Amy's frozen burritos when I worked there.

Frozen burritos (not sure of the brand, might be made in-store and frozen) are also sold at Lupe Pintos in Glasgow and Edinburgh.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 07:16:37 PM by Albatross »

• Liked: 957
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2016, 09:10:41 PM »
I'll have to check out Amy's (especially if they have it at 'normal' stores).  My daughter is dairy free but can have soy.  Would love to give her some mac n cheese!

The Amy's brand dairy free Mac & Cheese is excellent. I buy their gluten & dairy free one every now and again as comfort food here, glad to know it's available there too. It's soy free as well!

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2016, 09:22:46 PM »
The Amy's brand dairy free Mac & Cheese is excellent. I buy their gluten & dairy free one every now and again as comfort food here, glad to know it's available there too. It's soy free as well!

I have found it as gluten free (since this post) but not dairy free.  I don't live in London, so maybe it's available there but not in smaller markets?

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2016, 11:27:45 PM »
I have found it as gluten free (since this post) but not dairy free.  I don't live in London, so maybe it's available there but not in smaller markets?

I found them at my closest Waitrose. At £2 each, they didn't come cheap, but they sure were tasty! I also took a piece of chicken, chopped it up, and added it to the burrito for added flavor. :-)

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2016, 09:04:57 AM »
I found them at my closest Waitrose. At £2 each, they didn't come cheap, but they sure were tasty! I also took a piece of chicken, chopped it up, and added it to the burrito for added flavor. :-)

This is the one they have at mine: 

http://www.waitrose.com/shop/DisplayProductFlyout?productId=212046

Gluten free, so my husband can have it (Coeliac), but not dairy free so still a no go for our kid.  I can eat anything!  I never thought I would be "that" family at a restaurant (we rarely go out anymore, it's too hard!).

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2016, 11:54:54 AM »

Gluten free, so my husband can have it (Coeliac), but not dairy free so still a no go for our kid.  I can eat anything!  I never thought I would be "that" family at a restaurant (we rarely go out anymore, it's too hard!).

Oh, you're not actually talking about the actual burrito but something else. My mistake.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 12:01:39 PM by Californiaguy »

• Liked: 957
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2016, 02:34:44 AM »

I found it on the Amy's UK site, but I guess it just depends on if individual stores decide to stock it. It could be worth asking for!

http://www.amyskitchen.co.uk/products/product-detail/vegan/000372

Sorry for commenting on the mac & cheese when the main thread was about burritos. Amy's kitchen was my savior when I broke my hand and couldn't cook for a month so it's exciting they're distributed in the UK!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2017, 09:28:34 PM »
I know the last post on this thread was a year ago (almost to the day!), but I just wanted to comment to say that I have had a frozen burrito for the first time in four years, and it was glorious!  Yes, it was Amy's Kitchen.  I had the Mexican Burrito (cheddar, rice & bean variety).  My Tesco had it on offer for £1 (the gluten-free and all other varieties were at regular price of £1.75).  My brother and sister-in-law had sent me a zip-loc bag full of Taco Bell taco sauce packets, so I had those to put on my burrito, and it was so satisfying.  Knowing that Amy's Kitchen is known for their free from and vegetarian/organic foods, I was a bit worried about what I was getting, but since this wasn't trying to be something it's not (it's a meat-free recipe, not a meat-substitute recipe), it was good.  Would recommend at £1.  More than that seems a bit steep, even at today's low exchange rate.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

Sponsored Links