Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Grand National Horse Race  (Read 2123 times)

• Liked: 533
Grand National Horse Race
« on: April 10, 2016, 11:36:20 AM »
I had never paid this any attention, but on a lark put a fiver on a horse yesterday...

First of all, I had no idea it was a gladiatorial event. But I think they said all the horses and jockeys survived unharmed.

Secondly, if you guys are wondering, the horse I bet on was the one who threw his rider right off the bat and then romped around in everybody's way for the rest of the course.

So not only did I lose my five pounds, but had to watch him gleefully cavort about for the rest of the way.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 154
Re: Grand National Horse Race
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 12:41:10 PM »
I had never paid this any attention, but on a lark put a fiver on a horse yesterday...

First of all, I had no idea it was a gladiatorial event. But I think they said all the horses and jockeys survived unharmed.

Secondly, if you guys are wondering, the horse I bet on was the one who threw his rider right off the bat and then romped around in everybody's way for the rest of the course.

So not only did I lose my five pounds, but had to watch him gleefully cavort about for the rest of the way.

We put a fiver on and won three pence. first time for me as well, was expecting more of a Kentucky derby.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 12:47:50 PM »
I can't watch the Grand National.  To be fair, I like animals more than people.  I hate seeing the horses fall, hate seeing the jockeys tucked into a small ball praying to not be trampled to death, and I cry if the black tarps come out.  But fortunately for the second year in a row, all the horses survived (though I believe one was killed after an earlier race).

I love horse races, but I do not like his one.

• Liked: 533
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 01:04:20 PM »
I love horse races, but I do not like his one.

Well I'll tell you, I was confused about these numbers up in the corner of the screen, 1/30 then 2/30.....it dawned on me that they have to jump 30 of those big hedges....some with little ponds in front of them.

The pace seemed pretty fast too, though I don't know enough about horse racing to know about the nuances. 
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab