Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spouse Visa Application start - finish  (Read 4291 times)

• Liked: 68
Re: Spouse Visa Application start - finish
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2016, 09:52:41 PM »
As far as the payslips go, on letterhead and signed will be fine. My husband's wasn't even on letterhead, but just signed and it wasn't any problem :-)

• Liked: 26
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 08:04:20 AM »
In addition to my unanswered questions above are all the evidence documents time sensitive? Is it nothing can be dated 28 days older than the application submission date when you pay online?
LTE received: 21 October 2016
Arrived in U.K.: 25 October 2016
FLR(m) extension: 1 June 2019
ILR 2022

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2016, 08:16:56 AM »
In addition to my unanswered questions above are all the evidence documents time sensitive? Is it nothing can be dated 28 days older than the application submission date when you pay online?

It's for the financial evidence where you have to provide either 6 or 12 months worth of proof.

(l) Where this Appendix requires the applicant to provide specified evidence relating to a period which ends with the date of application, that evidence, or the most recently dated part of it, must be dated no earlier than 28 days before the date of application.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

The applicant does not need to enclose a letter unless there is something which requires explanation such as a prior conviction.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2016, 08:22:41 AM »
Does the applicant (my wife) need a letter of introduction, like I'm providing as the sponsor?

A letter from her is optional, and should only be about the contents of the package, not about the application itself or your relationship.

If she wishes to write a letter it can include:
- type of visa applied for
- intended travel date
- an explanation for anything unusual about the documents included (i.e. a large bank transactions)
- an explanation of any criminal convictions she may have or any previous refused visas or illegal working/overstaying in the UK
- a list of the documents included in the package

The letter from my employer is great covering salary and length of employment but they failed to mention my printed payslips. However the printed payslips (3 all on one sheet) are on official letterhead and has the MDs signature at the bottom. My contract is on official letter too and has the same original signatures from the MD so when seen as one I feel it wouldn't mater as its pretty obvious they're endorsed. Think I'll be ok?

The employer letter is not supposed to include anything about payslips... that's your responsibility to include, not theirs.

The employer letter MUST contain the following 4 things:
- length of employment
- current salary
- length of time earning current salary
- type of employment

The letter of accommodation from my brother (landlord) is great (saying we will be living there rent free, and it's big enough) but the evidence I need to have somebody just say it's fine? The house is too new and he doesn't have the land registry yet. So he's given me an original letter from the council regarding him opting to receive council tax bills via email. He gave me a utility bill for the house in his name, and the Nationwide welcome letter from his mortgage company stating his account number. Will I get away with that as evidence?

That's way, way too much - you can take almost all of it out.

Are you officially renting or are you 'living with family members'?

If you are renting you need:
- an official tenancy agreement in both your names
OR
- an official tenancy agreement in your name
- a letter from the landlord giving the visa applicant permission to live there as well

If you are living with a family member without an official tenancy agreement, you need:
- the land registry document (can be downloaded from the Land Registry website for £3)
- a letter from the homeowner giving you permission to live there and stating that it will not be overcrowded (number of people and number of bed/living rooms in property).
- his latest original mortgage statement (optional).

You should NOT include:
- any utility bills
- any council tax bills
- a property inspection

The items that should be dated within 28 days of the  online application date are:

- latest payslip
- latest bank statement
- ideally the letter from employer as well

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2016, 07:49:33 PM »
Fantastic thanks. Things are starting to pick up pace.

The sponsors passport can be just a copy of the photo page correct along with a long form birth certificate?

Is there a new sample introduction/sponsor letter anywhere?
ILR 2022

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2016, 07:59:24 PM »
The sponsors passport can be just a copy of the photo page correct along with a long form birth certificate?

Ideally you should include a notarised/certified copy of the sponsor's passport page and no birth certificate.

In the past, the UKVI website used to say that instead of a certified copy, a photocopy plus the long-form A4 birth certificate was acceptable... however, this is no longer stated on the new version of the website.

You may be okay with just a photocopy, but to be on the safe side, I would either get it certified or include the birth certificate.

So, you can include:
1) The sponsor's actual passport (not recommended if you might need it)
OR
2) A notarised/certified copy of the passport photo page (I believe the post office will do this for a small fee)
OR
3) A regular photocopy of the passport photo page (plus the long form birth certificate)

Is there a new sample introduction/sponsor letter anywhere?

Not that I know of - the old one used to be on Transpondia's website but the site seems to be no more and I don't know of any other sites with a letter on it.

Essentially, the sponsor letter should include:

- ability to sponsor the visa (being a UK citizen)
- current employment/how the financial requirement is being met
- where you will live in the UK (how the accommodation requirement is being met)
- a brief history of the relationship (when you met, how often you visit each other, how you keep in contact, when you got married, and why you have decided to settle in the UK together)
- a list of the documents that the sponsor is contributing to the application

If the applicant will be including a cover letter it can include:
- type of visa applied for
- intended travel date that the visa should be made valid from
- explanation of anything unusual about the documents in the package (i.e. if something is missing, or if there are large transactions on bank statements)
- explanation of any criminal convictions or bad UK immigration history that the applicant has (i.e. refused visas/entry to the UK, illegal working or overstaying in the UK)
- a list of all the documents included in the package

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2016, 09:09:55 PM »
You can have the copy of your passport photo page certified at the Post Office.

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/document-certification-service

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2016, 05:00:56 PM »
Thank you so much guys - it's going well and I got my passport copy certified. I just have to accept the letter I've written and not obsess over it. It's worse than a job application worrying what you're communicating.

Dumb question is it ok if Appendix 2 is filled in online then printed or should it be in the applicants handwriting?
ILR 2022

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2016, 05:31:10 PM »
Thank you so much guys - it's going well and I got my passport copy certified. I just have to accept the letter I've written and not obsess over it. It's worse than a job application worrying what you're communicating.

If you like, you can post here what you've written in the letter (taking out personal details).

Dumb question is it ok if Appendix 2 is filled in online then printed or should it be in the applicants handwriting?

It should be printed and then handwritten - I've never heard of anyone being able to fill it out online before... I didn't think that was possible.

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2016, 08:17:28 AM »
The form can be turned into a fill able one with Adobe Pro. I'll avoid all that though and my wife can just fill it out by hand.

I'm reworking the letter.

The documents list on this sponsor letter - he ones I'm submitting. Is it just 1. Proof of citizenship 2. Accommodation proof 3. How I meet the financial requirement proof?

As I seem to be the one getting everything together I wasn't sure if I should include the other stuff I'm sending (relationship proof is one)?
ILR 2022

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2016, 08:45:10 AM »
The form can be turned into a fill able one with Adobe Pro. I'll avoid all that though and my wife can just fill it out by hand.

Yeah, I had a look on Adobe and saw that it can be done now (though I don't have the facility myself). I've never heard of anyone saying they've filled it out that way, so I would just go with handwriting it for now.

I'm reworking the letter.

The documents list on this sponsor letter - he ones I'm submitting. Is it just 1. Proof of citizenship 2. Accommodation proof 3. How I meet the financial requirement proof?

As I seem to be the one getting everything together I wasn't sure if I should include the other stuff I'm sending (relationship proof is one)?

You should include everything that you personally are contributing to the application - this will usually be the majority of the documents, since most of it has to come from the sponsor anyway (assuming you are meeting the financial requirement through your UK employment). Generally, I think most of the relationship proof is provided by the applicant, but the sponsor can contribute too - so whatever you are providing, I would list it in the letter.

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2016, 11:42:49 AM »
Another quickie, obviously the guys processing the form know what they're doing so how much explanation and sorting of documents is required our end?

Should we just paper clip sections together like my ID/citizenship proof,  financial proof, accommodation proof, relationship proof.

Stickies are they a bad idea?

I have my intro letter covering my status, finances and accommodation, my wife is now taking care of all the relationship evidence. We decided she doesn't require a letter herself but they will they obviously know that all the stuff we have in both our names like untality bills, health and car insurance docs, old tax returns are there to show a long standing relationship won't they?

Also where do you state your UPS account number so they can bill us for shipping etc. Do we just include a piece of paper with it typed on?

Do you also include the envelope for it to be returned or will they supply that?
ILR 2022

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2016, 12:19:18 PM »
Another quickie, obviously the guys processing the form know what they're doing so how much explanation and sorting of documents is required our end?

Should we just paper clip sections together like my ID/citizenship proof,  financial proof, accommodation proof, relationship proof.

Stickies are they a bad idea?

I have my intro letter covering my status, finances and accommodation, my wife is now taking care of all the relationship evidence. We decided she doesn't require a letter herself but they will they obviously know that all the stuff we have in both our names like untality bills, health and car insurance docs, old tax returns are there to show a long standing relationship won't they?

Also where do you state your UPS account number so they can bill us for shipping etc. Do we just include a piece of paper with it typed on?

Do you also include the envelope for it to be returned or will they supply that?

Just put the documents in a logical order, in a pile. Secure with string or an elastic band. You are correct in that they know what they are looking for and won't require post-its.

If you have decided that she does not need a letter, and that's fine, I would be inclined to mention in yours the relationship evidence that is being included although again, they do know what they are looking for!

Remember to include a photocopy of everything which you want returned and keep a complete copy of your application for your records, you'll find it invaluable when the next application rolls around. :)

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2016, 06:52:01 PM »
I think this is an impossible question. Is there anyway to check biometric approved locations and appointment ability before submitting the application and paying for it?

Basically my wife's family are taking her on holiday with them for a week 12th-18th, and I'm having issues with the bloody bank so can't get my last statement in the post until probably 9th/10th. Were worried if she hits submit 11th -  the appointment Windows for bio may clash with her final family holiday.

I also dont want to drag it out as my documents will expire 28th June.
ILR 2022

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2016, 07:03:01 PM »
I think this is an impossible question. Is there anyway to check biometric approved locations and appointment ability before submitting the application and paying for it?

I don't think you can check appointment availability before you submit the application, but you can check the addresses of all the locations online if you want.

You can attend biometrics at any one of the 129 USCIS Application Support Centers across the US - you can check their locations here:
https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=ASC

Basically my wife's family are taking her on holiday with them for a week 12th-18th, and I'm having issues with the bloody bank so can't get my last statement in the post until probably 9th/10th. Were worried if she hits submit 11th -  the appointment Windows for bio may clash with her final family holiday.

I also dont want to drag it out as my documents will expire 28th June.

The documents only have to be dated within 28 days of the online application date, so as long as she applies online before 28th June, it won't matter when the biometrics are done.

The important dates are:

- the most recent bank statements and payslips must be dated within 28 days of the online application date
- the documents must be mailed to Sheffield within 5 days of the biometrics appointment.

So, she could submit online any time from when she gets the documents to 28th June and book biometrics for a convenient date for her, making sure to avoid 12-18th June.

Sponsored Links