Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Visa received, husband flying to the UK  (Read 1314 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: Visa received, husband flying to the UK
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2016, 06:23:03 PM »
Hi we put an intended travel date of Mid June.  I used the information on the Government Web site with it saying 90%+ are done in a month and crossed my finger hoping were one of those! :-)  So we shall see!..

Okay, in that case her visa will be made valid for 30 days from the mid-June travel date she put on the application form. Which means that even if your application is processed quickly now, she will still have to wait until mid-June before she can travel to the UK. It also means that she will only be able to enter between mid-June and mid-July. If she leaves it longer than the 30 days on the visa, she will have to apply for another 30-day visa vignette to be put in her passport so she can travel at a later date.. which I think costs another £122.

It does give you almost 2 months leeway though before she needs to travel, so if it does take a bit longer than expected, you should still get the visa before mid-June :).

If for some reason the visa hasn't been issued by that date in mid-June, it will just be made valid for 30 days from the date they make the decision instead... so really, the travel date you put on the form should be the absolute earliest date she may wish to fly to the UK. Otherwise she might end up in the situation where she gets her visa in the next couple of weeks and wants to travel right away in May, but she can't because her visa isn't valid until June.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 06:26:16 PM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 8
Re: Visa received, husband flying to the UK
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2016, 06:26:14 PM »
Okay, in that case her visa will be made valid for 30 days from the mid-June travel date she put on the application form.

Yes that is the earliest she can travel due to work / personal commitments.. so fingers crossed :-)

Sponsored Links