Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Taco Bell  (Read 9512 times)

• Liked: 537
Re: Taco Bell
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2016, 02:17:36 PM »
Down south, around Charlotte.  They had biscuits and Fried chicken, and dirty rice.

Very cool! Is it Bojangles the Clown by any chance? I'very heard of that and never knew what it was a reference to.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2016, 02:18:34 PM »
That's pretty close to an Arlo Guthrie song right there....
It used to be a different world.  I was 17 or maybe 18 and me and my friends were bused to a high school on the other side of town.  I got the brilliant idea to get trained and drive the bus. 

I was really irresponsible at 18, and a terrible driver, and half blind.  My career was rocky to say the least.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2016, 02:21:14 PM »
I was wondering if they had tostadas here the other day and forget to check at the Sainsbury's. I know it's not quite right, but if you break a hard she'll in two and break off the rounded edges it's a make do tostada, yeah?

In theory, I spose you could! or you could just fry mini soft-shell wraps I guess? I'm far too lazy so was hoping just to find tostadas hahah but I've not found them in any shop as of yet :( I'm pretty sue Old El Paso make them, but not idea what shop you can actually get them in as they've never been in stocked in any of the big shops I've been in.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2016, 02:43:52 PM »
In theory, I spose you could! or you could just fry mini soft-shell wraps I guess? I'm far too lazy so was hoping just to find tostadas hahah but I've not found them in any shop as of yet :( I'm pretty sue Old El Paso make them, but not idea what shop you can actually get them in as they've never been in stocked in any of the big shops I've been in.

This looks quick and easy and doesn't involve frying.  :)

Basically take a tortilla, throw it over a mold in the oven for a few mins. and Bob's your uncle!

http://beingfrugalbychoice.com/2013/08/10-minute-homemade-tostada-shells.html

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2016, 02:47:42 PM »

oh, and they do have crunchwraps here!
http://www.tacobelluk.co.uk/products/crunchywrap-productos/crunchwrap-supreme/

Old El Paso definitely makes them, at least in the US they do. Not sure about over here. Definitely less work to break a corn/hard shell taco shell in half and break of the sticky-up bits, than to fry a soft corn shell. :)

I'd be worried about any imported ones being completely broken, they are quit fragile. :(
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2016, 02:53:47 PM »
oh, and they do have crunchwraps here!
http://www.tacobelluk.co.uk/products/crunchywrap-productos/crunchwrap-supreme/

Old El Paso definitely makes them, at least in the US they do. Not sure about over here. Definitely less work to break a corn/hard shell taco shell in half and break of the sticky-up bits, than to fry a soft corn shell. :)

I'd be worried about any imported ones being completely broken, they are quit fragile. :(

Think my problem with breaking rounded ones in half is that I'm rubbish and I would definitely probably break them in the wrong places and they'd end up being too small or awkwardly shaped to work! haha Definitely something to try.
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2016, 02:55:23 PM »
This looks quick and easy and doesn't involve frying.  :)

Basically take a tortilla, throw it over a mold in the oven for a few mins. and Bob's your uncle!

http://beingfrugalbychoice.com/2013/08/10-minute-homemade-tostada-shells.html

Slightly different tostada shells. She wants the flat ones that are crunchy like hard shell tacos.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/5127T94TQAL.jpg

To get them you might be able to bake a soft corn tortilla flat, but they might not be as crunchy.

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2016, 02:58:28 PM »
Think my problem with breaking rounded ones in half is that I'm rubbish and I would definitely probably break them in the wrong places and they'd end up being too small or awkwardly shaped to work! haha Definitely something to try.

They wouldn't be perfect or hold their shape as well since they were broken... but they'd taste the same! haha. Hard shells when broken in half are not the same size as a tostada shell, they are quite a bit smaller. Then again I've not seen flour tortillas here large enough to make a crunch wrap with a normal size tostada.

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2016, 03:01:24 PM »
All this Taco Bell talk and I really want a taco now! Definitely need my mom to bring me my favourite taco seasoning when she comes to visit in 2 months.

• Island Life (without the palm trees)
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2016, 03:07:04 PM »
Oh man I would KILL for a Wendy's Frosty and some fries to dip in it.

I don't think I've had Taco Bell sober in years, but now I'm craving some of that too!

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2016, 03:15:37 PM »
All this Taco Bell talk and I really want a taco now! Definitely need my mom to bring me my favourite taco seasoning when she comes to visit in 2 months.

I could eat Tacos literally any day of the week and now I would probably sell my soul for a Taco Bell mean right now after reading all this hahah

Thanks UKY.
My, how time flies....

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2016, 03:20:25 PM »
Slightly different tostada shells. She wants the flat ones that are crunchy like hard shell tacos.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/5127T94TQAL.jpg

To get them you might be able to bake a soft corn tortilla flat, but they might not be as crunchy.

Oh, ok, thanks! I found that picture and I thought, that can't be right because they are not bowl shaped!   :)

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2016, 03:22:24 PM »
Oh, ok, thanks! I found that picture and I thought, that can't be right because they are not bowl shaped!   :)

I reckon it might work to just bake it without using the bowl-shape. Wouldn't be as crispy as a typical tostada but might still have some crunch to it and would probably be healthier baking vs frying lol

Also, sidenote, is 2 hours too far to drive for taco bell?  ;)
My, how time flies....

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2016, 03:26:37 PM »
Also, sidenote, is 2 hours too far to drive for taco bell?  ;)

Each way or there and back....?  ;)

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2016, 03:27:22 PM »
Oh man I would KILL for a Wendy's Frosty and some fries to dip in it.

I don't think I've had Taco Bell sober in years, but now I'm craving some of that too!

I just want a good burger. I haven't had one in MONTHS! There's a 5 Guys over in Nottingham...

Haha, I totally eat Taco Bell sober, but not very often. It is often after a beer or a vodka press. :) I'm a light weight.

Sponsored Links