Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: A few questions for my FLR(M)  (Read 801 times)

• Liked: 0
A few questions for my FLR(M)
« on: April 24, 2016, 09:48:03 PM »
Hi,

Been a while since I've visited here but can always count on help in the past so here goes!  My first Spouse Visa is expiring on 6 May so I'm getting ready to send off my new application for FLR(M) and just had a few questions I'm hoping someone could answer/confirm for me please.

When I did the application for my first visa 2.5 years ago I remember having to write a cover letter and have my spouse do a letter of support as well, is this still required on this type of application or are the forms and evidence all that are needed?

I also remember for the first visa I had to include photocopies of everything I sent that I wanted returned back to me, but I can't find this mentioned in any of the documentation for FLR (may have missed it in all the references to other appendices).  So I was wondering if photocopies are required this time or will I receive everything back without including them?

I'm also looking for some advise regarding the required correspondence as ever since I've come over we've been and still are living with my wife's parents, so currently have no joint accounts or household utility bills in our names.  I realize that means I'll have to send off 12 pieces of mail, but is it recommended to also include a letter or explanation as to why they are not in both our names or from the sources specified on the list, or should it be okay without? At the moment I am planning on sending the below:

Jan-Apr 16
Me: January HMRC Tax Code Letter
Wife: February Transport Dept. Penalty Charge Letter (forgot to pay the Dartford Crossing)

Sept-Dec 15
Me: September Three Mobile welcome letter/plan agreement
Wife: October Tesco Credit Card Monthly Statement

May-Aug 15
Me: HMRC 2014-2015 Annual Tax Summary (not dated at top but has date code 08/15 in footer which I hope is okay)
Wife: August Tesco Credit Card Annual Statement

Jan-Apr 15
Me: February current account statement
Wife: February Natwest Credit Card Monthly Statement

Sept-Dec 14
Me: December current account statement
Wife: December NS&I Premium Bond records

May-Aug 14
Me: July current account statement
Wife: July Local Council voter registration letter

Lastly if anyone notices if I have any other glaring omissions from my other included documents it would be very appreciated to let me know. I currently have ready to send all the below:
2 Photographs of myself, 1 of Wife
My current passport issued January
My previous expired passport w/ current Visa
Wife's current passport
Marriage Certificate
Letter of accommodation support from parent-in-laws & copy of house deed

and Category A finance evidence:
My employment contract
Letter from my employer
Previous 6 month wage slips
Previous 6 month current account statements

Many thanks to anyone who can answer some or all my questions!

Matt

• Liked: 68
Re: A few questions for my FLR(M)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 09:28:27 AM »
It all looks fine to me Matt. We also included my husband's P60 (this was from 2015-16 since he didn't get the updated one yet). They didn't keep it, but it was advised on here that it's good to have if possible :)

I don't think you need to explain in the cover letter about the correspondence, because the guidance already states if you don't have items in joint names, then individual is ok as long as there are 6 each and from 3 different sources, which you have done! I would still do a cover letter from both of you. Yours includes what you are including in your application and your spouse's should state how she is eligible to sponsor you and what they are also including in the application.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 07:43:12 PM »
Hello Mattm85 ur visa about to expire like me when do u send ur application ??? ?

• Liked: 537
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 10:11:51 PM »
It's been nearly two years since I did my 1st FLR application, but I'm pretty certain you don't need to send any cover letters with this one. (edit:I know I didn't send one because there was a page where you mark what you sent to them and I have no word document in my FLR folder on my laptop.)

I just checked the current application and there's a photos and documents checklist on page 75 ... why would you need a cover letter telling them what's there?

« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 10:21:05 PM by lyonaria »
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab