Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: My FLR(M) appointment experience in Sheffield  (Read 1132 times)

• Liked: 68
My FLR(M) appointment experience in Sheffield
« on: April 25, 2016, 09:21:29 AM »
I thought it was best making a new topic to make it easier for people to find. If not - I apologize!

My husband and I were originally going to send in my application but we were able to put together the funds to have a same day appointment (although we only realized this AFTER the fee increase!). We decided that we didn't want to wait approximately two months for me to be able to start work. Plus, I wanted the comfort of being able to speak to someone if need be. It didn't come to that though, thankfully!

I booked the day the previous Saturday and saw they actually had appointments as soon as the next Monday (which I didn't expect), but due to hubby's work commitments, we chose the following Saturday morning and to pay the extra £63. I am only mentioning this in case anyone wanted a "quick" appointment. I thought the wait for next available appointment would at least be a few days but that wasn't the case.

We actually had a hard time finding it at first, haha! But got there in the end. There is a Q-Park opposite the building, which is quite pricey, but it was convenient.

We entered to the side of the building, went through security, and were immediately seen to hand in my documents. The only thing they asked me was how many passports and BRP cards was I submitting, and when we got our passport photos taken. I got a ticket with a number, went to another desk to pay the extra £63, and was told biometrics would call me shortly, which they did about 10 minutes later and the process took about 2 minutes. I was told we could leave the building, but there were only a couple applications before us. There are a few TV screens showing where you are up to in the process, however, this seemed to stop at biometrics and it wasn't updated for the rest of my time there. Although people were getting called to get their decision, their number would still be stuck on "awaiting biometrics" or "Under consideration", so we didn't risk leaving because we didn't know how much longer it would be. Actually someone who came after us got called first for their decision and it threw me into a panic! But it really shouldn't have, since we were called a couple minutes after and was told to make sure my details were correct because we were APPROVED and to expect my BRP card in about 7 days although most people get them in 2.

They kept: The actual FLR(M) application, my husband's letter from work stating employment details, and copy of his pay slips, as well as the copy of our marriage certificate.

They gave back: His bank statements, P60 and job contract, all of our examples of proof of residence, copy of his son's birth certificate (and the original of course, as well as our original marriage certificate). They also kept my BRP card from when I was a student but this was expected.

We were there for about an hour and 15 minutes only. Every staff member we came across, from security to the staff member who told us our decision, was so incredibly nice. I had read before on other accounts how nice the staff were at Sheffield, and it is definitely true. There was a lady who was more nervous than me (surprisingly!) and a member of staff assured her that they were there to help so try not to worry. I also liked how everything is in one area, and there's no need to go from floor to floor or room to room in each step of the process. If there was anything wrong or you wanted to speak to a case worker privately, then you would go somewhere else more private apparently.

Although we were fine with our photos/documents, there were others who came in who's passport photos were too old (someone had their's done 4 months ago and this was too long, so definitely make sure you get it within the last month). There is a photobooth there though that was convenient for those who needed updated pics!

I hope this helps others who may choose to do the premium service. I am glad we did, but I think next time we will just go through the post since we had no problems this time. :)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 10:22:10 AM by BriKH »

Re: My FLR(M) appointment experience in Sheffield
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 08:29:11 AM »
Just curious if anyone knows what courier service they use? One thing I do wish is that there was a tracking number or somethung they would send you because I feel like I must always be home until they come :-P

• Liked: 223
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 08:44:11 AM »
Just curious if anyone knows what courier service they use? One thing I do wish is that there was a tracking number or somethung they would send you because I feel like I must always be home until they come :-P

They usually use DX courier.

Others have said they've been able to call and see if DX is holding anything for them. I've not done this, so I can't help.

I've also heard that if you miss the delivery, you get a notification and you can reschedule it for a time that suits you.

I work from home but I was still nervous about missing it. ::)
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 09:38:14 AM »
I might give them a call and see if they can do anything. Worth a try :-)

Our postboxes are inside the building so if they came by, they wouldn't be able to leave me a card unless someone let them in the building, otherwise I would probably not worry so much about missing them.

Maybe because the sun is actually out for once and I'm dying to get out there haha oh well though - this is definitely worth sticking around for!

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 09:41:44 AM »
Maybe because the sun is actually out for once and I'm dying to get out there haha oh well though - this is definitely worth sticking around for!

The sun always seems to shine brighter when you're stuck inside. 8)

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 09:54:26 AM »
Very strange!

I just called Dx and they were able to tell me if they had any deliveries for me based on last name and post code and they said they had nothing registered for me. They also said I would get an email from the Home Office with a tracking number (I know I won't though).

Don't really know what to think about that, haha! I'll try again tomorrow if nothing comes today I guess!

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 10:24:26 AM »
It's only the second working day since your appointment (and early morning at that).

It's likely that your BRP hasn't been printed quite yet or it has been printed, but hasn't been picked up by DX.

It's still early days. Nothing to worry about yet.

I know it's easier said than done, but be patient. ;)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 10:31:41 AM »
Go enjoy the sun!  Call DX again tomorrow.  :)

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 09:32:19 AM »
It arrived bright and early at 8:30 this morning!  :-)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 09:35:14 AM »
Woo hoo!!!  Happy job hunting.   :D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab