Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: EEA Family Visa clarification help  (Read 233 times)

• Liked: 0
EEA Family Visa clarification help
« on: April 27, 2016, 02:57:30 PM »
A bit confused if anyone can enlighten me or have had the same experience. Received my COA letter today from Home Office and I am a bit confused though. (I applied for an EEA Resident Permit)

They stated that at this time they are 'unable to confirm my right to work in the UK, this will depend on the outcome of the application. This is because you have not provided original documentation for ALL of the the following:

- current valid identity for your sponsor

I ticked the box where it stated I was not able to send spouse original ID & passport because he is travelling and needs it for work!! And instead I sent a colored notarized copy of these documents. Plus all his employment info etc. My husband is an EU citizen (Greek). I have GR resident card.

Then it states:
We will not revisit the terms of your COA during the consideration period of your case. This means we will not confirm your right to work until this application is decided. This includes the period of time during which you exercise any right to appeal should your application be refused and is irrespective of any information or documentation you may provide during the consideration stage.

So this means that they are still reconsidering? This may change? Can I appeal?

But the most disturbing is this last part. They sent me a Q&A answer sheet as to why they cannot confirm my right to work because:

-The applicant is the unmarried partner or an extended family member (for example, the brother or sister) of an EU citizen who is exercising European free movement right s in the UK.

This means that until we have determined that you qualify as an unmarried partner or as an extended family member ...yada yada, you are not able to work on the basis of your relationship to your EU citizen sponsor.

Do you think they MADE A MISTAKE while processing my application?!! I made sure I marked 'direct family member' which includes spouse!

Then it states:
Any right to work in the meanwhile will depend on your having some alternative basis of stay in the UK which does not prohibit access to employment or self-employment.

What does this mean?

They did send me the form to go get my biometrics done w/in the next 15 days. If they want my biometrics can they still approve?

Do you think someone may catch that I'm not a 'extended' family member but a 'direct' family member.
Thank you!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab