Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) accommodation question plese  (Read 867 times)

• Liked: 0
FLR(M) accommodation question plese
« on: April 27, 2016, 05:21:14 PM »
I am a British citizen and my wife is about to make her In person FLR(M) application but I have a few concern regarding the accommodation and finance .i have a statutory assured tenancy that I signed 5years ago which bears my name alone. My question is
1. Is my wife's name not being in the tenancy agreement affect her application?
2. Cos she is a full time student she is exempted from paying council tax therefore her name does not appear on the council tax bill. Is this going to be a problem
3. Regarding employment, she works part time but my employment is sufficient for her application does she still have to declare her employment when completing the form

Please any advice on this will be much appreciated thanks

• Liked: 4985
Re: FLR(M) accommodation question plese
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 09:28:59 PM »
What category is she currently in the UK under?

I'm not familiar with what a statutory assured tenancy is, but if her name is not on the lease, you will need permission from the landlord stating that she has permission to live there (a letter).

She is not required to be named on the council tax.  Just as long as you are paying the appropriate rate and the council is aware of how many occupants are in the property, you'll be fine.

For her employment, it depends what type of visa she is currently on.

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 06:43:35 AM »
Thanks for your reply she is currently on a tier 4 visa which is due in November 2016. We want to apply now so that if it goes wrong we would have time to reapply.
So the bit that say "do you currently work in the UK" should she say yes even tho her salary won't be used or should she just leave it blank

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 07:17:21 AM »
So the bit that say "do you currently work in the UK" should she say yes even tho her salary won't be used or should she just leave it blank

If you meet the requirements using only your salary, then you don't need to mention hers.

If you did mention hers, then you would have to provide all the required documents for her employment as well as for yours - which seems like a bit of a hassle if you don't even need to use her income to meet the requirement.

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 07:23:27 AM »
Ok we won't mention hers then, cos she works part-time and sometimes she gets paid less or more so her salary is inconsistent
Cheers

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 07:32:17 AM »
No problem :).

Have you been living together already before applying for FLR(M)?

If so, do you have the required documents addressed to both of you at the same address for the relationship part of the application?

You need to provide 6 official documents in each name (either 6 joint or 12 separately addressed) covering the time that you have been living together, up to 2 years. They should be from at least 3 different sources and spread evenly over the time you've lived together. The acceptable document types are listed on the application form.

If you haven't lived together yet, then you don't need to provide anything, or if you have only recently started living together, then you just provide as much as you have so far.

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 08:53:18 AM »
We have lived together for only 6moths but do not have up to 6 jointly addressed documents. We only have 3 documents in joint name but have other individual ones. Can I just provide the 3 documents and supplement it with other individual ones.

With regards to confirming that the council knows we live together would it be possible for the council to provide us with a document confirming this or would her tax exemption certificate from her uni be enough

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 09:07:32 AM »
When I switched to FLR(M), I was on a Tier 2 visa (work visa).  UKVI wanted my employment information to verify I had been following the terms of my visa.  So even though you are not using her income to meet the requirement, I would still have her bring her payslips in case they want to ensure she hasn't worked more hours than she's allowed.  She'll also want to bring a letter from her school confirming her enrolment.

You don't need anything from the council regarding the council tax.

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2016, 10:51:52 AM »
I 'll have her bring her contract of employment would that be enough? She can't get all her Payslips as she normally do agency work every here and there. When you switched were you relaying on your employment for finance?

Does this mean she still have to say she is working or just leave it blank and have her contract of employment just in case?

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 12:33:07 PM »
We were not planning to use my employment for the application, but they asked for all my financials as they needed it to ensure I was meeting the terms of my current visa.  I was glad I had it obtained a letter and such from my employer "just in case."

I would leave her work information blank and just have the details if she is asked for it (she may not be asked for it).  The big thing that she will need is information from her university showing that she has been attending the course tied to her visa.

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 02:14:16 PM »
Ok that's very helpful, she will request a letter from her employer and her Uni as well just in case they ask. Will let you know how it goes, appointment on the 14th of May. Cheers

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 10:49:59 AM »
I have another question please
1. My previous 5 moths payslip net pay has been the same. But I got  a £5 pay rise just this month. What salary amount should I use? The amount of the previous 5months or should I use the amount of this month with the pay rise.

The second question is how does my wife prove she is meeting the terms of her tier 4 visa? As I see from some forums that she needs to show that she is meeting the terms of her tier 4 visa.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 07:56:55 AM by MrKosi »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab