Author Topic: MSc Supply Chain Management - Robert Gordon and Heriot-Watt  (Read 1192 times)

Offline katy907

• Liked: 0
MSc Supply Chain Management - Robert Gordon and Heriot-Watt
« on: April 29, 2016, 07:40:33 PM »
Hi all,

I've been reading these forums for about a year now and I've found the information to be so helpful. This is my first post, and I'd love to hear from anyone who might have some experience with these schools/programs.

I've just received my conditional offers of acceptance from both Robert Gordon University (in Aberdeen) and Heriot-Watt University (in Edinburgh). The program is MSc Purchasing and Logistics/Supply Chain Management. I currently live in America, and would be starting the program in September 2016. I haven't yet decided which offer I am going to accept.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has any knowledge of either of these schools, the Transport/Logistics/Supply Chain industry, or these programs specifically. Any students currently studying at RGU or Heriot-Watt?

Thanks so much!

Offline cdtaylornats

• Liked: 8
Re: MSc Supply Chain Management - Robert Gordon and Heriot-Watt
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 11:05:46 PM »
I went to Heriot-Watt a long time ago but my Goddaughter finished an Applied Psychology degree there a couple of years ago.  It's an excellent university with really nice campus grounds.  The campus has a good bus service these days. 

Edinburgh as a city is small and compact, lots of students and if you are there over summer the largest arts festival in the world.  Everyone comes to it.

Aberdeen can be expensive as its geared up for the oil business - it may be somewhat depressed at the moment.

One thing HW has that RG doesn't say is

students who successfully graduate from this degree will receive an exemption from the academic requirements for membership at either Chartered Member or Member level of the CILT. There may also be a reduction in the length of experience that they would require.

HW University also has campuses in Dubai and in Malaysia so its quite an international university

Offline katy907

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 09:51:30 PM »
Thanks very much for your insight. I've heard back from both schools, and have chosen RGU (for a variety of reasons, but also because they offered me a partial scholarship).

I'm looking forward to starting my course this September, and ideally finding employment soon after.

Thanks again!

Offline cdtaylornats

• Liked: 8
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 10:40:10 PM »
Good luck and I hope you enjoy Aberdeen you might want to take some of the language lessons below

http://www.aboutaberdeen.com/doric.php

I will leave you with the traditional Aberdonian greeting

Fit like quine