Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR (M) - Evidence list and a few questions  (Read 1615 times)

• Liked: 24
FLR (M) - Evidence list and a few questions
« on: May 07, 2016, 11:26:06 AM »
Hi all!

I'm about to finish up my FLR (M) application and wanted to cross-check with you all that I have an acceptable amount of evidence for a successful application. Plus I have a few questions.

Little about me... I'm from Florida, met my (now) husband, who is English, in 2012 while I was visiting the UK on business. We got married August 2013, I applied for a spouse visa September 2013 and got it towards the end of the month. Officially moved to the UK October 2013. We lived at his house and on May 2014 we bought a house together. He makes above the financial threshold. My current visa expires June 17 2016. I'm going to be applying through post.

Evidence Items:
  • General Application Items from me-
    • FLR (M) 04/2016 version
    • 2 passport pictures
    • Current passport
    • Expired passport with current spouse visa
    • Spreadsheet printout of itemized evidence
  • General Application Items from husband-
    • Letter of intent
    • 1 passport picture
    • Current UK passport
  • Items of Correspondence April 2014 - April 2016 (Recent 2 years)
    • April 2014 - August 2014: Howells Solicitors Confirmation of Exchange of contracts with both our names(May 2014)
    • August 2014 - December 2014: Cigna Health insurance letter for me (August 2014) and Black Horse Car Finance Statement for husband (Oct 2014)
    • December 2014 - April 2015: 'where we live' Council Tax Bill for March 2015 with both our names
    • April 2015 - August 2015: Bank Account statement in both our names (May - June 2015)
    • August 2015 - December 2015: Bank Account statement in both our names (Aug - Sept 2015)
    • December 2015 - April 2016: 'where we live' City Council tax bill for March 2016 with both our names
  • Financial Requirement items
    • November 2015 through April 2016 individual pay slips from husband's workplace with official letterhead and stamped
    • November 2015 through April 2016 individual bank account statements (in both our names) showing his monthly salary deposit
    • Letter from his employer stating his commencement work date, current salary, and type of employment
    • His Principal Statement of Employment from when he started working at his current job back in 2007
    • 2014, 2015, and 2016 original P60s
  • Relationship-
    • Notarized copy (and additional photocopy) of marriage certificate - Original is located at the Clerk of the Circuit Court of 'specific Florida county' office in Florida
  • Accomodation Items-
    • Our current house land registry in both our names
    • June 2014 - June 2015 Annual mortgage statement in both our names with official bank letterhead
    • June 2015 through April 2016 mortgage statement in both our names with official bank letterhead
  • Misc items -
    • NHS medical card from our local GP with NHS number for me
    • NHS medical card from our local GP with NHS number for husband
    • 'City we used to live at' Council Tax bill for March 2014 in both our names
    • NiNo letter from jobcentreplus for me - november 2013
    • Letter from mortgage bank of mortgage agreement in both our names (this was mailed to both of us to where we lived originally so it shows how we lived there together and bought a house together and moved etc...)

And now, questions...!
  • Does the printout of FLR (M) application have to be single-sided or is double-sided allowed (save the planet...)?
  • What size do my passport pictures have to be? I recently renewed my American passport and have additional copies, however, the size is different from the UK size
  • On section 7A - Financial Requirement - Do I have to add just my husband's info if he will be my sponsor or do I also have to add my info? We meet the financial requirement with just his salary so there's no need for me to add my info, right?
  • Do I need to send a return ticket/envelope as I had to do with my first visa? I sent it to Sheffield from Florida as I decided to do the priority thing
  • Do I need to write a letter along with my husband?
  • What are the key points my husband has to touch in his letter of intent? We looked at his original one but felt the info needs to change a bit. Any guidance is appreciated.
  • I'm confused about timelines... So I pay the £500 for health surcharge to get the magic number we need to add to the application. Then send the application (filled out by hand) along with all the evidence I detailed above to the Durham address (payment will be made through bank card adding info to application). So when do the biometrics come into play? Will I get a letter from them when they receive my application?
  • My plan is to send the application next week, which will give me 5 weeks. My application is really straightforward and it's just me. My current visa expires 17 June. Am I running any risks here?? Is there a grace period?

I would like to thank you in advance for looking at my stuff. This forum is a God-send.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 05:48:48 PM by exr0se »

• Liked: 68
Re: FLR (M) - Evidence list and a few questions
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 02:18:12 PM »
Hello from a fellow Floridian!

I just did a the FLR(M) in person. The other week. I would say you don't need any of the miscellaneous stuff you listed. If you want to include the mortgage stuff though, it can't hurt but I think the rest of it is unnecessary. I've never even heard of an NHS medical card to be honest? Also the past p60's aren't necessary, just the last one :-)

Your passport photos I think need to be UK standard for the FLR (M).

Your application can be double sided but there is a bit in it where it says "Make sure this page is left blank on the opposite side if printing double sided" or something of the sort. I think it's the payment pages so just double check to do what it says if doing double sided.

You don't have to include your financial information.

You don't need to include a letter if you're going to add an itemised list, because basically all you can do in the cover letter is explain what is in the packet anyways, unless you want the space to explain anything but it looks like you're a pretty straight forward case :-)

If your husband includes a letter, it just explains his qualifying to sponsor you (husband, meets the financial requirements, and lists the financial documents he is providing).

I'm not sure about providing an envelope to send back as I did mine in person so hopefully someone else can help with this!

Also, I didn't see anything about pictures, but seeing as this is your second visa, I wonder if that is necessary or recommended still?

You're right about your question regarding the biometrics. You'll get a letter.

Finally, I believe that you cannot apply until 28 days before the expiry date of your visa so May 20th would be earliest. Someone else can confirm this but I believe this is the case.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 02:19:53 PM by BriKH »

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 07:50:52 PM »
Hi exr0se,

Just wondering if you have come across the guidance notes? They're fairly helpful and answer some of your questions.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/477876/FLR_M__guidance_notes_11-15.pdf

I enclosed a prepaid Special Delivery envelope because it's supposed to be a safer method than Recorded Delivery which is what they use if you don't.

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 07:21:41 PM »
Thanks for all the info!! Glad to know there's other Floridians around here  ;D ;D

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 06:00:11 PM »
Bumping my original post to ask a question.

My question is in respect to FLR(M) question 9.15 'Give details of the British diplomatic post(s) involved if the application(s) was or were made abroad'.

For my spouse visa, back in Sept 2013, I got my biometrics taken in Tampa, FL. However, I sent my application to Sheffield (UK) as I paid for the expedited service. I remember originally I was supposed to send it to New York, but then I found out (through this forum) that I had to send it directly to Sheffield. Anyway, I'm not sure what to answer for question 9.15. Is it the British Consulate General in Miami?  ???

Any guidance is appreciated!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 08:29:22 PM »
Bumping my original post to ask a question.

My question is in respect to FLR(M) question 9.15 'Give details of the British diplomatic post(s) involved if the application(s) was or were made abroad'.

For my spouse visa, back in Sept 2013, I got my biometrics taken in Tampa, FL. However, I sent my application to Sheffield (UK) as I paid for the expedited service. I remember originally I was supposed to send it to New York, but then I found out (through this forum) that I had to send it directly to Sheffield. Anyway, I'm not sure what to answer for question 9.15. Is it the British Consulate General in Miami?  ???

Any guidance is appreciated!

I would put something like; Application sent directly to Sheffield for processing.
There wasn't a diplomatic post involved but you were applying from abroad so that covers both bases.

• Liked: 3596
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 10:37:39 PM »
For the diplomatic post you give the address of the consulate that issued the visa... I.e. The address you mailed the application to.

If it was processed in Sheffield, you write the address of UKVI Sheffield.

Sent from my iPod using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3596
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2016, 10:38:50 PM »
For the biometrics post, you give the address of the USCIS Application Centre where you had biometrics taken, along with the date of your appointment there.

Sent from my iPod using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links