Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: visa approved, what next  (Read 797 times)

• Liked: 1
visa approved, what next
« on: May 09, 2016, 10:10:11 AM »
Hi all

Me and my wife had her visa approved recently, thanks to a lot of help from members of this forum.

We were just wondering if someone could help with a run down of what's next.

We find we may have a problem as we are living with our landlord in a large house, but all bills are included in the rent and so our names are not on any bills. Will this make it hard for her to open a bank account / register with a doctor etc

Also, as for the next Visa we apply for in 2.5 years, what else will we need as evidence that we are still living together as a married couple.

Thanks in advance :)

• Liked: 4985
Re: visa approved, what next
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 10:46:41 AM »
Is her name on the lease?  If so, that will be sufficient to register with a GP and to open a bank account.

For the next visa, you mail in either individual names (12 items) or joint names (6 items) spread out over the two years prior to her visa renewal.  This doesn't have to be bills, but can be from other sources such as NHS, HMRC, DVLA, etc.  Save everything and do not go paperless.

• Liked: 85
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 11:08:26 AM »
Is her name on the lease?  If so, that will be sufficient to register with a GP and to open a bank account.

I was added to the lease on our flat when I moved over in 2013 but, even though Foxton's is the letting agent, the landlord is an individual (i.e. not a housing association or an estate agency with landlord powers), and that wasn't good enough to open an account with RSBC. (Although RSBC also wouldn't accept an investment account statement because it was addressed to 'Surname, First name Middle initial' instead of 'First name Middle initial Surname'.) This is not to say it's the case with all banks -- though I tried four different ones before I stumbled into Lloyd's and they took pity on me -- just that the requirements will vary by bank, so don't get frustrated if one turns you away.

• Liked: 47
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 11:56:45 AM »
I think Lloyds seem to be the easiest to get an account with. I opened my first one with them. I wasn't on any bills but I had post from my uni as I was on a tier 4 at the time that served as proof of address for the bank and the GP.

If you got the visa from applying outside the UK, I'd suggest calling the job centre line to get a national insurance number asap as they will mail you an application and a letter that would likely work for proof of address. As you request the app over the phone there is no proving your address to get it so that might be the easiest way forward. It will take a couple of weeks to arrive most likely but at least you'll know you've got something on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
April 11, 2012-Began talking online
June 2012-Officially dating
August 2012-Met in person
Aug 2012-Nov 2012-Tier 4 (General)
Aug 2014-present- Tier 4
Oct 2015-Wedding!!! and spouse visa sometime after that and before the Tier 4 expires

• Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 01:42:41 PM »
Hi - just an update

We are looking to start getting everything together in the new year to prepare our next application.

We have letters from the GP / Bank / Government .. But also have a Virgin Media Bill in both our names... Would this count? It's basically a broadband bill...

Also, what about phone bills? If i went paperless and added her name ?

I think we should have enough proof that we live together.

Thanks

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 01:51:56 PM »
Hi - just an update

We are looking to start getting everything together in the new year to prepare our next application.

We have letters from the GP / Bank / Government .. But also have a Virgin Media Bill in both our names... Would this count? It's basically a broadband bill...

Also, what about phone bills? If i went paperless and added her name ?

I think we should have enough proof that we live together.

Thanks

Yes, you can use Virgin and the phone bills, but you're going to want paper bills, not paperless!

If you take a look at form FLR(M) there is a list of documents right there.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab