Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: flr (m) final checklist submitting Saturday someone please help  (Read 1667 times)

• Liked: 0
Application pack content

Application Documents

* completed application form
 * Application payment sheet
 * Nhs health surcharge confirmation
 * Trinity college London (CEFR level A1)
 * marriage certificate
* applicants previous current passport
*Sponsors current passport
* applicants passport photograph (x2)
* Sponsors passport photograph

CORRESPONDENCE DOCUMENTS

* utility bill (joint)
* utility bill (joint)
* bank statement (joint)
* applicants driving licence
*applicants bank statement
* applicants phone bill
* letter from applicants Uni
* letter from sponsors GP
*Sponsors credit card statement
*Sponsors phone bill

ADEQUATE MAINTENANCE DOCUMENTS

*Sponsors DLA letter from DWP
*Sponsors last 6moths payslips
*letter from sponsors employer confirming employment
* Sponsors last 6 moths bank statement

ACCOMMODATE DOCUMENTS

*Sponsors assured tenancy  agreement
* letter from sponsors landlord showing rent cost
* Sponsors council tax bill
* Sponsors bank statement (April 2016) showing rent payment
* letter from sponsors landlord confirming applicants permission to reside

OTHER DOCUMENTS
* support letter from sponsor
* certificate of registration from applicants Uni
* applicants council tax exemption letter
*applicant and sponsors photo album
*joint travel tickets
*joint hotel booking

SUPPORT LETTER

My address   

The Hoe Office
Entry clearance Officer
Date

Dear Sir/Madam

Letter of support
Re: Xxxxx

I am writhing in support to my wife's FLR(M) application. I am a British citizen and have been living permanently in the UK since birth. I am employed as xxx at xxxx University Hospital NHS trust.

My wife and I first met online in mid May 2015 and met in person a day after at xxxx. Our relationship started soon afterwards and had been a very stable one ever since.

We kept in contact and saw each other regularly until the 1st of November 2015 when she moved into my flat to which I am the sole tenant of at the above address with the permission of my land Lord (see attached) and have been living together since then.

We got engaged on the 25th of Dec 2015 and in January 2016, few days after our engagement, we found out she was pregnant.

My wife wanted her family back in her home country Jamica to meet me and I wanted to meet them as well. In April 2016 we visited my wife's home country, there we got married and had a civil ceremony at xxxxx

We plan on living together in the UK permanently following the required visa.

I hope that my husband's completed FLR(M) application form and accompanying supporting documents are enough to grant him the required visa.

Please do not hesitate to contact me via my telephone/e-mail address provided above should you have any queries regarding the content of this letter.

Thank you in advance for your positive response to my wife's FLR(M) application

Yours faithfully
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 09:31:51 PM by MrKosi »

• Liked: 1260
Re: flr (m) final checklist submitting Saturday someone please help
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 10:38:45 AM »
Thank you for posting this! I am currently applying for my FLR-M and things have changed so much since the last time I looked it seems that this new list of what you included is incredibly helpful!

Quick question - the supporting letter, is that a requirement or do you feel that it would just be even more evidence that would help? I know we both did letters the first time for the original spousal visa so wasn't sure if we needed to both do them again or if just one of us should or what.

Thanks! xx
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 537
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 11:08:21 AM »
Quick question - the supporting letter, is that a requirement or do you feel that it would just be even more evidence that would help? I know we both did letters the first time for the original spousal visa so wasn't sure if we needed to both do them again or if just one of us should or what.

Thanks! xx

Supporting letter isn't required. Some people do one, others don't. There's a page near the end where you tell them every single document you've sent to them, around page 70. I'm not going to do one for mine in Feb. When I did my first FLR (M) in July 2014 I didn't do one.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 11:16:09 AM »
Supporting letter isn't required. Some people do one, others don't. There's a page near the end where you tell them every single document you've sent to them, around page 70. I'm not going to do one for mine in Feb. When I did my first FLR (M) in July 2014 I didn't do one.

Thanks for this! We did one the first time around and, while I could write another one as could my husband, we didn't really think it would add value to ours at this point.
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 11:15:29 AM »
It's not required but we did one anyway cos we needed to explain certain things like the reason why my wife's name is not on the tenancy agreement e.t.c. Anyway we have submitted her application and the took the support letter it turns out we were right to write one. They also took the application pack and I suspect it made our application faster cos we got there by half 8 and left by 9:45. ThAt's just under two hours. Oh yea she was also granted her visa too. I hope this helps.

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 11:19:51 AM »
It's not required but we did one anyway cos we needed to explain certain things like the reason why my wife's name is not on the tenancy agreement e.t.c. Anyway we have submitted her application and the took the support letter it turns out we were right to write one. They also took the application pack and I suspect it made our application faster cos we got there by half 8 and left by 9:45. ThAt's just under two hours. Oh yea she was also granted her visa too. I hope this helps.

Congrats on her getting her visa granted!  :D

My husband and I discussed further and we decided that we might write the supporting letters only to just further drive the point home that we are a functioning unit with a house and a fur baby and that we've established a life here together etc. etc. While it may or may not be required, we now feel that it might help paint a fuller picture of a person behind just the paperwork.

Would you be able to provide a copy of the letter you wrote, or at least an idea of what you touched upon in yours? I just want to make sure we don't leave out something that we might not have thought about addressing.
My, how time flies....

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 11:32:59 AM »
Below is a copy of the letter we submitted. It's basically the same with the one I posted before just few modifications. I know it's not required but if you feel like you need to explain something your best bet is to write one.

address   

The Home Office
Entry clearance Officer
Date

Dear Sir/Madam

Letter of support

I am writhing in support to my wife's FLR(M) application. I am a British citizen and have been living permanently in the UK since birth. I am employed as xxx at xxxx University Hospital NHS trust.

My wife and I first met online in mid May 2015 and met in person a day after at xxxx. Our relationship started soon afterwards and had been a very stable one ever since.

We kept in contact and saw each other regularly until the 1st of November 2015 with prior knowledge to my landlord she moved into my flat to which I am the sole tenant of at the above address and have been living together since then.

We got engaged on the 25th of Dec 2015 and in January 2016, few days after our engagement, we found out she was pregnant.

My wife wanted her family back in her home country Jamica to meet me and I wanted to meet them as well. In April 2016 we visited my wife's home country, there we got married and had a civil ceremony at xxxxx

We plan on living together in the UK permanently following the grant of the required visa.

I hope that my wifes completed FLR(M) application form and accompanying supporting documents are enough to grant her the required visa.

Please do not hesitate to contact me via my telephone/e-mail address provided above should you have any queries regarding the content of this letter.

Yours faithfully
Xxxxx

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 11:37:49 AM »
Below is a copy of the letter we submitted. It's basically the same with the one I posted before just few modifications. I know it's not required but if you feel like you need to explain something your best bet is to write one.

address   

The Home Office
Entry clearance Officer
Date

Dear Sir/Madam

Letter of support

We kept in contact and saw each other regularly until the 1st of November 2015 with prior knowledge to my landlord she moved into my flat to which I am the sole tenant of at the above address and have been living together since then.

We plan on living together in the UK permanently following the grant of the required visa.

I hope that my wifes completed FLR(M) application form and accompanying supporting documents are enough to grant her the required visa.

Yours faithfully
Xxxxx

So sorry as I remember I did see the original you posted! I am on a few different FLRM threads and am balancing work while researching this stuff so totally had a brain fart and didn't realise you had definitely already posted this! Thank you! :)
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 537
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2016, 12:13:03 PM »
So sorry as I remember I did see the original you posted! I am on a few different FLRM threads and am balancing work while researching this stuff so totally had a brain fart and didn't realise you had definitely already posted this! Thank you! :)

I'm a bit confused as to why Mr Kosi wrote a letter when he was there at his in person appointment? Why do you write, 'you can contact me at XYZ' when you were there? The only reason to write a letter for an in person appointment is if the UK citizen can't attend the appointment, and there has to be a darn good reason for not attending the appointment.

You only right a letter for FLR (M) applications if there is something you need to explain. Like a gap in your 2 year's correspondence or if you had to supply a copy of something rather than an original.

It's not about 'adding value', it's a tick box visa as Ksand tends to say. You tick all the boxes, you get the visa. Adding in extra things for no reason, is just adding more things for the UKVI person to look at. And, that will be the last thing I say about this.

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2016, 12:17:09 PM »
I'm a bit confused as to why Mr Kosi wrote a letter when he was there at his in person appointment? Why do you write, 'you can contact me at XYZ' when you were there? The only reason to write a letter for an in person appointment is if the UK citizen can't attend the appointment, and there has to be a darn good reason for not attending the appointment.

You only right a letter for FLR (M) applications if there is something you need to explain. Like a gap in your 2 year's correspondence or if you had to supply a copy of something rather than an original.

It's not about 'adding value', it's a tick box visa as Ksand tends to say. You tick all the boxes, you get the visa. Adding in extra things for no reason, is just adding more things for the UKVI person to look at. And, that will be the last thing I say about this.

Right okay. I just think it's difficult when you are googling what other people have included/submitted and you see that 50% have included something and 50% haven't - even more so when your original visa required all this and more (and was more open to interpretation) as it feels like I'm forgetting half the documents when I'm not.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 12:20:08 PM by x0Kiss0fDeath »
My, how time flies....

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2016, 02:09:55 PM »
To be honest my attendance did not really count. I sat in the reception area away from where my wife was submitting her application and no one asked her if I came with her or not. I think the notion that the sponsor must be present is a bit misplaced. I think this is the case, in a case of an interview.

I wrote for them "to contact me should they have any queries regarding the content of the letter" as it is a formal letter and should be included. Not necessarily for the to contact me on the day but for future reference. ThAt's just what it is.

I did say already that it is not a requirement but if you feel you need to explain something and feel you 'll explain it better in a letter then write one if not then no need.

• Liked: 68
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2016, 02:32:36 PM »
I think what lyonaria is saying is that anything surplus to the requirements is unnecessary and can just cause confusion if your case is straight forward. I think some people think "the more paperwork, the better" (and I used to be one of those people!) but in reality it really isn't necessary. A letter would be necessary to explain anything that needs clarification. If it is straight forward, then a letter is not needed. I know it sounds bad, but I don't really think they care to know more about the person behind the paperwork. The marriage certificate, financial information and accommodation information will say all they need to know, especially if this is your new FLR(M), so you've already been through it before.

If you have an in-person appointment then you definitely do not need the letter but yes, your spouse should be there, because if anything arises then you are both there to discuss it. You wouldn't want to take the chance of having one little thing that may be misunderstood and you didn't have your spouse there with you to help answer any questions.

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2016, 02:38:29 PM »
I know it sounds bad, but I don't really think they care to know more about the person behind the paperwork. The marriage certificate, financial information and accommodation information will say all they need to know, especially if this is your new FLR(M), so you've already been through it before.

Yeah this makes sense. I think, as I mentioned before, I'm overthinking because this type of stuff did matter with the first visa so I feel like I'm missing a whole bunch of documents. I'm not applying in person (cannot afford that massive additional chunk unfortunately  :( ), so trying to make sure I have every base covered because my paperwork will be speaking 100% for me. I'm just going to leave the letter out as I believe I have all the paperwork ticked off. Worst case scenario, they reach out for more information and I send it to them, right? If the visa was rejected (touch wood as there's no reason it should be whatsoever), and an appeal is required, can that be done from inside the UK or does that happen outside the UK?
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 68
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2016, 02:44:35 PM »
I know what you mean. I came over on a Fiancee visa and they wanted to know EVERYTHING before granting entry into the country, but I think subsequent visas are just still making sure you tick the boxes. I think if they did want to know more, they would require interviews or request more paperwork, but they don't so no need to make it more complicated than it is (I can say this now but if you read my past posts going through this process, I was an absolute wreck haha).

I believe you can appeal from inside the UK, but dont worry it won't come to that!

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2016, 02:49:31 PM »
I know what you mean. I came over on a Fiancee visa and they wanted to know EVERYTHING before granting entry into the country, but I think subsequent visas are just still making sure you tick the boxes. I think if they did want to know more, they would require interviews or request more paperwork, but they don't so no need to make it more complicated than it is (I can say this now but if you read my past posts going through this process, I was an absolute wreck haha).

I believe you can appeal from inside the UK, but dont worry it won't come to that!

Oh man! I didn't come on a fiance visa so I don't know what you had to fill out as I came on the straight spousal one, but it sounds very similar. You need like photo-album pictures, letters, proof of your visits to each other - all kinds of things to show you were in a legitimate and loving relationship. The worst part was that you needed to prove all that but how you chose to do it was open to interpretation! I think I'm still in that mode and definitely over analysing! haha

I know it likely won't get refused but I think there is always that fear in the back of my mind so it's comforting to know that it's likely you can appeal from inside the UK in the event of a "worst case scenario" situation and that they will contact you for further info rather than just outright rejecting it!
My, how time flies....

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab