Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: flr (m) final checklist submitting Saturday someone please help  (Read 1659 times)

• Liked: 68
Re: flr (m) final checklist submitting Saturday someone please help
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2016, 02:53:43 PM »
Oh man! I didn't come on a fiance visa so I don't know what you had to fill out as I came on the straight spousal one, but it sounds very similar. You need like photo-album pictures, letters, proof of your visits to each other - all kinds of things to show you were in a legitimate and loving relationship. The worst part was that you needed to prove all that but how you chose to do it was open to interpretation! I think I'm still in that mode and definitely over analysing! haha

The fiancee visa is the very same, and the application you fill out is the same as well (just tick fiancee/marriage instead of spouse if i remember correctly!). The only thing I did not have to include was a marriage certificate, obviously because we didn't have it yet, and I had to show proof of planning a wedding.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2016, 03:10:37 PM »
The fiancee visa is the very same, and the application you fill out is the same as well (just tick fiancee/marriage instead of spouse if i remember correctly!). The only thing I did not have to include was a marriage certificate, obviously because we didn't have it yet, and I had to show proof of planning a wedding.

That's mental! Suppose you literally were just going to a registry office and not really making a big deal of things. How do you prove that? Do you just send an email confirming date you're going?
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 68
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2016, 03:25:11 PM »
That's mental! Suppose you literally were just going to a registry office and not really making a big deal of things. How do you prove that? Do you just send an email confirming date you're going?

That's exactly what we did haha! Yes, I had copies of emails from enquiring about dates, and emails about wedding photography. I also had the receipt for my dress (it was from David's Bridal so I was lucky it said that in big letters at the top!)

They just want to know you are planning something but you dont have to actually have booked a solid date. They seem to understand the process involved and for us it was crazy. Registry Office did not want to book anything until we had booked our giving notice appointment, which was a two week wait for and we couldnt book until I knew when I could be back in the country, then you have to wait 28 days before you can get married. We ended up having our wedding two weeks after the date we originally wanted, but it doesnt matter,, as long as you marry within six months!

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2016, 03:28:03 PM »

Registry Office did not want to book anything until we had booked our giving notice appointment, which was a two week wait for and we couldnt book until I knew when I could be back in the country, then you have to wait 28 days before you can get married. We ended up having our wedding two weeks after the date we originally wanted, but it doesnt matter,, as long as you marry within six months!

While it was a definitely a pain in the bum planning wedding things from two separate countries and wedding planning in general is stressing, that sounds like it must have been even worse as there's such a lengthy process of "first do this before you can do that" to get an actual wedding date!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab