Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR - M Supporting Documents  (Read 2440 times)

• Liked: 1260
FLR - M Supporting Documents
« on: May 19, 2016, 10:53:28 AM »
Hi guys!

Just trying to sort out my FLR-M application and trying to sort all the supporting documents. My brain is a massive jumble at the moment and I know rules maybe have changed since I last looked into it. I googled information and checked on here, but I've found a lot of older posts as well as things that don't necessarily apply so sorry if this is a repeat [happy if you just link me to specific posts I can use :)]So far, I have the below list of what I need to gether:

• 6 months bank statements (personaly account)
  • 6 months bank statements (joint account)
  • 6 months pay slips (printed out a whole year though so can send more if need be)
  • my IHS confirmation
  • my most recent P60
  • my hiring information from my work saying how many hours I work/etc. It doesn't have my salary listed and I couldn't find a copy of my contract but I can print out another page that has my salary if need be
  • 6 paper documents/bills with our names/address/date etc
  • marriage certificate
  • mortgage paperwork to show we own property together/deed
  • passport photos for myself and my husband

are any of these unnecessary? Or Do I need more of certain documents [I.E. 12 months instead of 6]? Do I need to submit photos of the two of us together/with friends/family/pet or letters of support written by each of us like we did the first time around? Do I need any more information from my work? Does he need to submit any evidence of his job/ etc. as we didn't actually use his salary to meet the financial requirement - we only used mine.

Any suggestions of additional stuff we can add would be very greatly appreciated! I know it's sort of "the more, the merrier" when it comes to supporting documents but I just want to make sure I'm giving enough of the right stuff. Kind of getting myself into a stressful panic as I am terrible with these kind of things so any and all help would be amazing!

Thanks in advance! x
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 537
Re: FLR - M Supporting Documents
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 11:41:45 AM »
Hey Hey,

Just some basic FYI. Including more information than you actually need to can actually delay your application. It's best to make it as streamlined as possible.

As to Bank statements and pay slips. The number you need to send in depends on how long you have worked with your current company. If you've been there for at least 6 months you send in 6 months. If it's been under 6 months then you have to send in 12 months worth of pay slips and corresponding bank statements.

Make sure your bank statements show your 6 months worth of deposits from your pay slips. If they don't you need to get the months that are missing. The point of the bank statements is showing that the money you say is being earned, is in fact being earned. They don't care if you use over draft or anything like that, just that you're earning the 18.6k minimum. You don't need to include any extra bank statements from other accounts, that just ads more paperwork for them to look at that has nothing to do with proving your salary. It may actually make them request your husband's pay slips if the additional account shows his salary deposits. It's best to send them only what they need.

You must have a letter from your work dated within 28 days of posting your application (if you're posting it) or from the date of your in person appointment. When we applied last my husband just asked his boss for a letter that included his salary information, job title, when he started with the company and that he was under contract. Your HR department or your manager should be able to help you with this. It needs to be on company letterhead.

The only time I've seen contracts as needed was when people are applying for spousal visas when they are moving back to the UK from abroad.

If you aren't wanting to include everything from his employment that you include for yours, don't include anything hinting at it if you can. We've had one person who was asked for all of the spouse's information even though they were applying only with their income.

No photos are needed. No letters. There is a page near the back where you mark everything you sent to them.

Other's may have input as well. :)
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 12:06:20 PM »
Firstly, thank you SOO much for the response! My head is spinning as I googled the supporting documents because there are so many different potential combinations of what should/shouldn't be sent and thought it might just make it easier to just ask straight out!

Just some basic FYI. Including more information than you actually need to can actually delay your application. It's best to make it as streamlined as possible.

As to Bank statements and pay slips. The number you need to send in depends on how long you have worked with your current company. If you've been there for at least 6 months you send in 6 months. If it's been under 6 months then you have to send in 12 months worth of pay slips and corresponding bank statements.

Make sure your bank statements show your 6 months worth of deposits from your pay slips. If they don't you need to get the months that are missing. The point of the bank statements is showing that the money you say is being earned, is in fact being earned. They don't care if you use over draft or anything like that, just that you're earning the 18.6k minimum. You don't need to include any extra bank statements from other accounts, that just ads more paperwork for them to look at that has nothing to do with proving your salary. It may actually make them request your husband's pay slips if the additional account shows his salary deposits. It's best to send them only what they need.

Ah right! Okay! I never thought of how that extra stuff could potentially hold up the process so thank you for mentioning that one! I remember first time around being told "you can't really have too much info as long as it's the right info" so just assumed this was the case without thinking about the potential risk factors in that! Definitely something to think about !

I've been with my company here for just over 2 years in total now but this role I've had for literally a year as of two weeks ago, so the 6 months should be okay then. With the joint account situation - is the bank statements strictly about proving salary? My thought process was that my bills are all paid out of my joint account which I pay into so I was including that as a supporting documents for mortgage/bill payments. Obviously I don't want to include it if it's going to create more hassle? If they want to see my husband's if I do submit the joint funds, will they reject the visa until I can show them his bank statements? If I don't include the joint statements, will they have any issues with where my bills/groceries are being paid from? The transactions on my personal accounts are pretty much just money from pubs/bars/clubs on nights out, personal items I buy myself, occasionally some groceries, and big chunks of transfers to my joint account for bills/remaining groceries/extra savings account - will this be a problem for them if they don't really see these shared expenses coming out of my account? Just trying to weight the pros and cons of it.

You must have a letter from your work dated within 28 days of posting your application (if you're posting it) or from the date of your in person appointment. When we applied last my husband just asked his boss for a letter that included his salary information, job title, when he started with the company and that he was under contract. Your HR department or your manager should be able to help you with this. It needs to be on company letterhead.

The only time I've seen contracts as needed was when people are applying for spousal visas when they are moving back to the UK from abroad.

If you aren't wanting to include everything from his employment that you include for yours, don't include anything hinting at it if you can. We've had one person who was asked for all of the spouse's information even though they were applying only with their income.

Brilliant! thank you for this! I just thought they'd want a copy of my contract as I've seen other people had included it in theirs but also saw about the letter from employers so wasn't sure if it was redundant or not. I will speak to my manager after lunch.

Additionally - I just saw on another site that somebody submitted birth certificates...I'm not even sure I did this first time around....is this a common thing for people to submit?
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 12:38:01 PM »
Cause I tend to ramble:

Don't include the other bank accountant statements that don't specifically show your salary deposits. It really just confuses things. They really don't care if you live within your means or how you pay you bills/mortgage. All they care about is that you are earning that 18.6k GBP and you can prove it.

So yes, it is strictly about proving your salary.
Just cause other people may read this, do not redact the bank statement in any way. The bank statements must be printed by your bank branch or be the posted/mailed copies. If you print them off at home they would need to be taken to your branch and stamped/signed by bank staff on every single page.

If they decide that they want to see your husbands bank statements and pay slips they may send you a letter or email requesting them. I can't remember which they do for FLR as I wasn't requested for more info.

This was my topic back when I did it in 2014. It's slightly different now but notice my list is ridiculously short compared to fiance visa.
http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=83285.msg1105420#msg1105420

Pretty sure this list hasn't changed... I looked at a few of the recent topics in the Visa section and it seems to still be the same.

Because it was my first FLR I didn't have to do the 2 years of correspondence. You MUST do this.
You need to have a minimum of 6 pieces of mail (if addressed jointly) from a minimum of 3 different sources. These must be originals. They want them more or less evenly spread over the 2 years.
If they aren't joint pieces of mail you must have one piece of mail with each of your names on it every 4 months. So minimum of 6 pieces, maximum of 12.(I'd seen you mention this elsewhere, but again, just in case anyone else read this)
*EDIT* they tell you this information right in your application form.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 12:41:19 PM by lyonaria »
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 12:48:17 PM »

Don't include the other bank accountant statements that don't specifically show your salary deposits. It really just confuses things. They really don't care if you live within your means or how you pay you bills/mortgage. All they care about is that you are earning that 18.6k GBP and you can prove it.

So yes, it is strictly about proving your salary.
Just cause other people may read this, do not redact the bank statement in any way. The bank statements must be printed by your bank branch or be the posted/mailed copies. If you print them off at home they would need to be taken to your branch and stamped/signed by bank staff on every single page.

If they decide that they want to see your husbands bank statements and pay slips they may send you a letter or email requesting them. I can't remember which they do for FLR as I wasn't requested for more info.

Ah right okay! this makes sense! I thought they would want to see all those other payments coming out to prove that we share joint bills as per one of the questions. I didn't realise the bank statements were strictly about proving my salary and my salary alone! Thank you for clarifying that!  :)

The one thing I'm incredibly nervous about now is my birth certificate. Should I assume that it cannot be a copy? My birth certificate is in my family home back in the US as I didn't think the take it for some stupid reason! (As mentioned, when I did my original spousal visa in 2013, I don't believe I needed to provide it.) I might be able to get my mum to rush post it to me but if they will take a scanned copy that might be easier/less risky....thoughts?
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 01:18:29 PM »
You do not need a birth certificate at all. You never have needed to send it for any visa.

All you need is your passport as proof of identity

Sent from my iPod using Tapatalk

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 01:26:29 PM »
Ah right okay! this makes sense! I thought they would want to see all those other payments coming out to prove that we share joint bills as per one of the questions. I didn't realise the bank statements were strictly about proving my salary and my salary alone! Thank you for clarifying that!  :)

The one thing I'm incredibly nervous about now is my birth certificate. Should I assume that it cannot be a copy? My birth certificate is in my family home back in the US as I didn't think the take it for some stupid reason! (As mentioned, when I did my original spousal visa in 2013, I don't believe I needed to provide it.) I might be able to get my mum to rush post it to me but if they will take a scanned copy that might be easier/less risky....thoughts?

Did you read through the FLR guidance notes? They're on the same page as the form for FLR (M)

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-to-extend-stay-in-the-uk-as-a-partner-form-flrm

Answers your question about needing originals...

10. Documents
Documents provided with the application must be originals.
Copies of any kind are not acceptable unless there are valid reasons for not being able to provide the original document. In such circumstances, we may accept a copy certified by the body or authority which issued the original (for example, a copy of a savings book certified by the building society or bank), or by a notary.
The reasons for not being able to provide the original document must be explained in a covering letter. We are unlikely to grant your application without the original document.

From 28 October 2013, if you are making your application by post you can send a complete and full copy of your partner’s current passport or travel document with your application. Every page of the passport must be copied including any blank pages. The copy does not need to be certified;
your partner must sign the declaration at section 14 of the application form to confirm it is a complete and true copy of their current passport or travel document.

Any documents which are not in English must be accompanied by a reliable English translation.

Make sure passports or travel documents are signed.

Hey Ksand, it tells you right here that people don't need to have notarized copies of the partner's passport for FLR.

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 01:38:35 PM »
Did you read through the FLR guidance notes? They're on the same page as the form for FLR (M)

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-to-extend-stay-in-the-uk-as-a-partner-form-flrm

Answers your question about needing originals...

10. Documents
Documents provided with the application must be originals.
Copies of any kind are not acceptable unless there are valid reasons for not being able to provide the original document. In such circumstances, we may accept a copy certified by the body or authority which issued the original (for example, a copy of a savings book certified by the building society or bank), or by a notary.
The reasons for not being able to provide the original document must be explained in a covering letter. We are unlikely to grant your application without the original document.

From 28 October 2013, if you are making your application by post you can send a complete and full copy of your partner’s current passport or travel document with your application. Every page of the passport must be copied including any blank pages. The copy does not need to be certified;
your partner must sign the declaration at section 14 of the application form to confirm it is a complete and true copy of their current passport or travel document.

Any documents which are not in English must be accompanied by a reliable English translation.

Make sure passports or travel documents are signed.

Hey Ksand, it tells you right here that people don't need to have notarized copies of the partner's passport for FLR.

I knew we needed originals, but I assumed it was for only certain documents not all of them - like how your sponsor's passport can be a copy. I know that they all need to be originals but figured I would ask just on the small chance that my birth certificate wouldn't be...

You do not need a birth certificate at all. You never have needed to send it for any visa.

All you need is your passport as proof of identity

Now I am definitely a bit confused though...I didn't need to send it for my first visa [I went straight to a spousal visa, I wasn't on a fiance visa, in 2013. Didn't think it was mentioned anywhere on the application beyond the document checklist page (page 60 & 75) unless it was for a child/dependent. Some people have said "yes you need it" others have said "no, not necessary".... If I need to send it, I will need it FedExed by my mum ASAP, but if I don't, should I just send a copy in case just as additional support?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 02:14:30 PM by x0Kiss0fDeath »
My, how time flies....

FLR - M Supporting Documents
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 02:09:16 PM »

Yes, that's correct - it was changed a couple of years ago and now they can provide a full copy of their partner's passport instead.

It's only visa applications made outside the UK that I recommend a notarised copy is sent.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 02:15:21 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 02:14:39 PM »
Now I am definitely a bit confused though...I didn't need to send it for my first visa [I went straight to a spousal visa, I wasn't on a fiance visa, in 2013. Didn't think it was mentioned anywhere on the application beyond the document checklist page (page 74 & 75) unless it was for a child/dependent. Some people have said "yes you need it" others have said "no, not necessary".... If I need to send it, I will need it FedExed by my mum ASAP, but if I don't, should I just send a copy in case just as additional support?

What are you confused about? It doesn't say you need it, so you don't need it.

It is not and has never been required for a fiancé, spousal, FLR or ILR application. So anyone who tells you that you need to send it does not know what they are talking about.

A birth certificate would only be needed if you didn't have a passport and had to prove your date of birth and nationality another way. But since you must have a passport in order to get the visa, the birth certificate is irrelevant.

In the 9.5 years I've been on this forum, no one has ever needed to provide a birth certificate for an FLR(M) application.

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 02:19:12 PM »
What are you confused about? It doesn't say you need it, so you don't need it.

It is not and has never been required for a fiancé, spousal, FLR or ILR application. So anyone who tells you that you need to send it does not know what they are talking about.

A birth certificate would only be needed if you didn't have a passport and had to prove your date of birth and nationality another way. But since you must have a passport in order to get the visa, the birth certificate is irrelevant.

In the 9.5 years I've been on this forum, no one has ever needed to provide a birth certificate for an FLR(M) application.

Sorry I misread a further up post! Probably shouldn't be trying to do all this at work! Thank you! You just saved me a lot of stress anxiety [I'm assuming the "birth certificate" bit on the form and in other's posts is only if you have dependents or something].

Thanks again! Really helpful stuff!
My, how time flies....

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 02:29:24 PM »
Yes if you have any children (US or UK citizens) you must include their birth certificates but you do not need to send yours or your partner's birth certificates.

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 02:34:27 PM »
Thanks again!  :) :) :)
My, how time flies....

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2016, 09:42:06 PM »
ONE LAST QUICK QUESTION  ???

Will a mortgage offer (agreement in principle) count under the "mortgage agreement" piece of the correspondence? Also, I know you need 3 different sources, but am I right to assume that I can have two different joint bank statements as our correspondence piece from different time periods or when they say minimum of three sources do they mean it can be, for example, from the NHS but for different things completely? I think I may be thinking way too deeply into this, but just want to double/triple/quadrouple check before putting this together as I can't afford to redo this.

Thanks in advance x
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2016, 07:38:34 AM »
ONE LAST QUICK QUESTION  ???

Will a mortgage offer (agreement in principle) count under the "mortgage agreement" piece of the correspondence? Also, I know you need 3 different sources, but am I right to assume that I can have two different joint bank statements as our correspondence piece from different time periods or when they say minimum of three sources do they mean it can be, for example, from the NHS but for different things completely? I think I may be thinking way too deeply into this, but just want to double/triple/quadrouple check before putting this together as I can't afford to redo this.

Thanks in advance x

You don't have to have three different sources in joint names. You can use 2 individual pieces of mail, one for each of you instead of one joint piece. That makes it easier to make up the three sources. In total you need 6 joint or up to 12 individual items spread evenly over the 2 years, from 3 different sources.

NHS letters although from different departments, will just count as one source, bank statements from different banks (but not just from different accounts) will count as different sources.

You can also use utility bills, council tax, HMRC and DWP letters, etc. do you have any of these?

Sponsored Links