Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR - M Supporting Documents  (Read 2441 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: FLR - M Supporting Documents
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2016, 07:55:39 AM »
bank statements from different banks (but not just from different accounts) will count as different sources

Is that correct? I've always considered bank statements as one source only, regardless of bank... Because they are all the same type of evidence: a bank statement.

I don't have any evidence for that though - just my own interpretation.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2016, 08:11:36 AM »
Is that correct? I've always considered bank statements as one source only, regardless of bank... Because they are all the same type of evidence: a bank statement.

Actually, what I wrote was just my interpretation!   ;)

When I prepared our application I used different bank accounts. If I remember correctly, I used Barclays-him, Halifax-me and Wells Fargo-joint. I tried to make the offerings as varied as possible and still had more than three sources even if bank statements were considered just to be one source.

I actually wasn't sure if the Wells Fargo statement would be acceptable being foreign but as it was sent to the UK address I decided to go ahead and use it.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 08:16:19 AM by larrabee »

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2016, 10:34:31 AM »
You can also use utility bills, council tax, HMRC and DWP letters, etc. do you have any of these?

So basically we have 4 joint things if we count one joint bank statement. If we can count two joint bank statements for the same account but different periods (which it sounds like from your response above that this is fine?), we have 5 and just require one individual piece each which is no problem. One of the joint items is a letter from mortgage lender of an "agreement in principle". We ended up backing out of he house we were going to be purchasing and eventually bought a different one and, subsequently, got a different loan. Is this letter of "agreement on principle" acceptable as an item as it would have been the mortgage we went with if we didn't back out of the house? We have our current mortgage paperwork but the previous agreement in principle works into the timeline for evidence much better.

Thanks again! x
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2016, 11:27:01 AM »
So basically we have 4 joint things if we count one joint bank statement. If we can count two joint bank statements for the same account but different periods (which it sounds like from your response above that this is fine?), we have 5 and just require one individual piece each which is no problem. One of the joint items is a letter from mortgage lender of an "agreement in principle". We ended up backing out of he house we were going to be purchasing and eventually bought a different one and, subsequently, got a different loan. Is this letter of "agreement on principle" acceptable as an item as it would have been the mortgage we went with if we didn't back out of the house? We have our current mortgage paperwork but the previous agreement in principle works into the timeline for evidence much better.

Thanks again! x

As long as you have two other sources, you can use the same joint bank account statements for more than one time period, that's completely fine.

You are obviously taking care to evenly spread the items which is good. I'm not sure about the mortgage agreement. I really don't see why it wouldn't be fine (although I would explain the reason why the letter comes from somewhere other than your mortgage provider) but to be on the safe side and save you having to explain, do you have two solid individual pieces for that period?

You don't actually need any joint items at all.

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2016, 11:35:40 AM »
As long as you have two other sources, you can use the same joint bank account statements for more than one time period, that's completely fine.

You are obviously taking care to evenly spread the items which is good. I'm not sure about the mortgage agreement. I really don't see why it wouldn't be fine (although I would explain the reason why the letter comes from somewhere other than your mortgage provider) but to be on the safe side and save you having to explain, do you have two solid individual pieces for that period?

You don't actually need any joint items at all.

I should definitely have the individual pieces from the same period but we thought it would just make if it would count as a joint item. It's just harder to find qualifying documents when so much has gone paperless. It's my own fault as I should have prepped this stuff earlier but a lot has been going on the last few months and I thought my visa expired in July nor June so had less time than I thought.  :-X
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2016, 12:22:17 PM »

I assumed different banks would be different sources as they are different companies and aren't affiliated in any way, where as NHS is an overarching umbrella for a lot of different smaller trusts.  It'd be nice if they gave a little more detail, wouldn't it?
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2016, 12:29:12 PM »
The problem with these forms sometimes is they are for a few different circumstances and some "questions" are very open to interpretation. I found this was the case with the original spousal visa I received in 2013.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2016, 01:26:31 PM »
I assumed different banks would be different sources as they are different companies and aren't affiliated in any way, where as NHS is an overarching umbrella for a lot of different smaller trusts.  It'd be nice if they gave a little more detail, wouldn't it?

Yeah, my interpretation has always been that each of the bullet points listed in the application counts as one source, so you need something from at least three of the bullet points.

As bank statements are listed as one bullet point, and then the different types of utility bill are separate, I assumed that was how they determined the different sources:

Examples of acceptable items of correspondence
• Letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA, TV Licensing.
• Letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
• Bank statements/letters
• Building society savings books/letters
• Council tax bills or statements
• Electricity and/or gas bills or statements
• Water rates bills or statements
• Mortgage statements/agreement
• Tenancy agreement(s)
• Telephone bills or statements

• Liked: 73
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2016, 05:48:21 PM »
I am glad this has been brought up. I was going to use a bank statement from the UK and one from abroad....maybe not! Your point is well taken, ksand24!
Married 1966, left UK 1969, returned 1998, left again 2000, returned June 2014 (husband on spousal visa) granted FLR(M) November 30th 2016  and ILR on  24th May, 2019. Yeah!

• Liked: 24
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2016, 06:49:35 PM »
Piggy-backing the discussion about correspondence...

I'm providing 4 pieces of jointly-addressed letters: 2 council tax letters, 2 (joint) bank account statements. Then for the last 4-month period, I am providing 2 letters addressed separately: 1 statement from Black Horse Motor Finance (addressed to husband), 1 Green Flag breakdown coverage renewal letter (addressed to me). Are Black Horse Motor Finance and Green Flag acceptable?

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2016, 08:18:49 PM »
Piggy-backing the discussion about correspondence...

I'm providing 4 pieces of jointly-addressed letters: 2 council tax letters, 2 (joint) bank account statements. Then for the last 4-month period, I am providing 2 letters addressed separately: 1 statement from Black Horse Motor Finance (addressed to husband), 1 Green Flag breakdown coverage renewal letter (addressed to me). Are Black Horse Motor Finance and Green Flag acceptable?

With that, you are still going to need one more joint or two more individual letters.
I would go with something from the list if at all possible although it does read "examples" so you would probably be ok if you have nothing else for that time period.

P64
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/521163/FLR_M__04-16.pdf

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab