Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Shared accommodation questions  (Read 175 times)

• UK citizen as of Feb, 2019.
  • Liked: 27
Shared accommodation questions
« on: May 21, 2016, 06:22:31 PM »
Thank you in advance for any assistance. We are submitting my application to extend my visa and I'm breaking out in hives...so stressful.

Can, the experts and experienced ones comment on my accommodation checklist:

We have shared accommodation, so we are submitting:
Tenancy Agreement
Land Registry documents
Letter from the landlord, who lives with us, identifying himself as the owner, the contents of the flat, statement that only three of us live in a two bedroom flat with a living room. In the letter, he states that although we only have a few months left, he is happy for us to be on a rolling tenancy agreement which will allow us to stay for as long as we would like.
Upon enquiring about a home inspection report, out council doesn't do them so we asked local estate agents who didn't know what we were looking for. They referred us to a certified inventory clerk who has agreed that she can write a report that confirms the rooms, who lives in the flat, and the sizes of the rooms.
Copy of the first page of landlords passport.

Comments? Thanks in advance!!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 06:53:13 PM by Mikeymike31 »

• Liked: 6110
Re: Shared accommodation questions
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 09:00:34 PM »
You've got more than you need there for the accommodation requirement so you can relax a bit with this part!

You really only need the tenancy agreement and the letter from the landlord.

The land registry document is required when you are living in your own property or that of a family member. The tenancy agreement replaces it when you are renting.

You don't need the home inspection report, especially as the landlord is detailing the size of the property in his letter.

You don't need a copy of his passport.

You should really only provide the documents which are necessary to prove your case, in order to avoid confusion.   :)

Sponsored Links