Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Is a spouse visa obtained abroad considered Leave to Remain?  (Read 297 times)

• UK citizen as of Feb, 2019.
  • Liked: 27
I applied for, and received my spouse visa from the US, and now am preparing to apply for FLR (M). Does question 6.9 : " Have you lived together permanently in the UK with your sponsor since your last grant of limited leave to remain as a partner?" apply to me? There were some months where I was in the US preparing to move to the UK. So, if I technically look at the question, it sounds like I would have to check no, as I didn't immediately move to the UK. I read somewhere that a spouse visa from abroad is technically "leave to enter" so this question does not apply; as technically my first application for FLR(M) is in fact my first application to "leave to remain"....Thoughts? Thank you for your help!

• Liked: 6110
Re: Is a spouse visa obtained abroad considered Leave to Remain?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 02:08:56 PM »
I found that a tricky question as technically  leave to enter was given , not leave to remain but if no is checked, it leads to a series of questions that were not (in our case) relevant.

After consulting on here, I checked yes.

If you spent an unusually long time preparing to move, you can explain in a letter.

• Liked: 4985
Re: Is a spouse visa obtained abroad considered Leave to Remain?
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 02:14:36 PM »
It is really badly worded.  I would tick yes and not overthink it.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab