Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) Financial Requirement - Combining Cat A + Cat C  (Read 351 times)

• Liked: 0
FLR(M) Financial Requirement - Combining Cat A + Cat C
« on: May 24, 2016, 04:23:13 PM »
Hi all,

I've lurked for a while and this forum has been really helpful but now I need a bit of extra assistance.

I've been in the UK for nearly 2.5 years so I'll be going for my in-person application shortly to extend my stay with a new FLR(M). My only question is about the financial requirement.

I've been at my current employer for about two years but my salary has fluctuated during that time. For the past six month period I was earning £17,500 December - March, then £18,000 in April and May due to a pay rise. I believe, under Category A, that I submit my salary as £17,500.

However, my partner/sponsor is receiving a student bursary for her postgraduate degree of £4,439 for the academic year. Therefore, I believe we are meeting the income requirement of £18,600 by adding my Category A income with her Category C non-employment income. My question is about how to calculate this. Presumably it's not as simple as adding £17,500 to £4,439 and simply stating that?

When reading the financial requirement guidance notes (Appendix FM1.7) it states:
A tax-free grant or stipend can be combined with income on which tax has been paid
and with current cash savings. The decision-maker should add together:
(i) The annual tax-free amount of the grant or stipend;
(ii) The annual post-tax (net) amount of any employment or other income (if the
requirements of Appendix FM-SE in respect of that income are met)

So, am I to add her £4,439 to my NET salary? If so, how is my net salary calculated? Am I simply taking the net payments I received when earning £17,500 and multiplying that by 12? I'm a bit confused here.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks much in advance!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab