Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Stellar shopping steals to share  (Read 671 times)

• Liked: 223
Stellar shopping steals to share
« on: May 29, 2016, 12:26:17 AM »
Ok, I know this is random, but I don't want to keep these all to myself.

I've found two awesome deals on things that I use and I want others to take advantage of them, too. ;D

I benefit in no way by sharing these - I just get the joy of saving people money!

Last year, I bought some Joseph Joseph storage containers and they're awesome. I recently found some of them on Amazon (sold by Amazon), sold as a twin pack for £25. You can get a single pack of the exact same set for £25 on the high street. Two for one? Don't mind if I do!

We get a lot of our kitchen stuff at Nisbets.co.uk, an online catering supply store, but they sell home chef stuff, too. We got a set of pans from them for our wedding (actually, that was the only gift we got ::) ) and I noticed they sell them in a set now. The set of 4 pans is currently 40% off! Seriously, they're great pans.

Does anyone else have some stellar shopping steals to share?
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 846
Re: Stellar shopping steals to share
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 10:21:45 AM »
We get a lot of our kitchen stuff at Nisbets.co.uk, an online catering supply store, but they sell home chef stuff, too.

I love Nisbets!  I buy all kinds of stuff there for not only the kitchen, but for the home brewery.
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 11:01:48 AM »
Ok, I know this is random, but I don't want to keep these all to myself.

I've found two awesome deals on things that I use and I want others to take advantage of them, too. ;D

I benefit in no way by sharing these - I just get the joy of saving people money!

Last year, I bought some Joseph Joseph storage containers and they're awesome. I recently found some of them on Amazon (sold by Amazon), sold as a twin pack for £25. You can get a single pack of the exact same set for £25 on the high street. Two for one? Don't mind if I do!

We get a lot of our kitchen stuff at Nisbets.co.uk, an online catering supply store, but they sell home chef stuff, too. We got a set of pans from them for our wedding (actually, that was the only gift we got ::) ) and I noticed they sell them in a set now. The set of 4 pans is currently 40% off! Seriously, they're great pans.

Does anyone else have some stellar shopping steals to share?

I'm late to the party and missed it! :(
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 11:22:49 AM »
I'm late to the party and missed it! :(

You haven't missed out completely.

The Joseph Joseph containers are up to £38.59 now but still cheaper than two single packs.

The pans are still on offer. ;D

I ordered a set of the pans last night and found the code SUMMER10 that gives an additional 10% off. That code is only valid until tomorrow (10 June) but it makes the pans £90 for the set. Buying them individually, they'd be £165! That's 45% off! We've had a few of these pans for 3.5 years and I can confirm they're great. We cook almost every meal from scratch, so they get a lot of use. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

I did the online chat thing with a guy from Nisbets last night and he said the pans might be going back to regular price after today, but he couldn't tell for sure from the info he had.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 11:23:58 AM »
I might need to check this out tonight :)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 11:36:06 AM »
Here's another deal I found (and cashed in on).

Denby crockery is 25% off through the Denby website: http://www.denby.co.uk/

We bought through John Lewis since they were doing their price match on the range we wanted: http://www.johnlewis.com/brand/denby/_/N-1z140ah

It's the same price at Debenhams: http://www.debenhams.com/home/denby

We've only had the crockery for a week or so, but they're lovely.  [smiley=smitten.gif]

We got Imperial Blue dinner plates, tea plates, rimmed bowls and cereal bowls. I already had a mug in the same range (my I-got-ILR-and-they-can't-kick-me-out-now mug [smiley=crown.gif] ) so we knew we like the colour and it'd gone a few years without chipping, breaking or staining. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Everything is oven, microwave, dishwasher and freezer safe and is sturdy as can be!

I'm not sure how long the offer is on, but the Denby website calls it a 'summer event'.

• Now I'm home. :)
    • The Wordsmith Desk
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 09:25:41 PM »
I noticed today that Store 21 is going out of business. I don't know if it is just my local shop or all of them. I know their clothes are quite cheap, but I've bought many tank tops, shorts and yoga pants there to exercise in. I am losing weight and don't mind getting rid of the stuff that no longer fits me when I paid next-to-nothing for them. They are also good for sleeping in, especially for someone like me who really hates spending money on pajamas.  ;D  Today I bought a tank for £2 and a pair of leggings for £3! :) 

I know this doesn't quite fit in with the high-quality items above, but just thought I'd mention it!
British Citizenship approval: May 2016
Ceremony: July 2016
Well, she was an American girl, raised on promises.
She couldn't help thinking that there was a little more to life, somewhere else.
After all it was a great big world, with lots of places to run to.
And if she had to die trying she had one little promise she was gonna keep.

Comprehensive CV/Résumé Preparation
Writing, Proofreading & Editing Services
www.thewordsmithdesk.co.uk

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 11:03:54 PM »
Sounds like a great deal, Fallgal!

I'm all for cheap leggings and tops, especially when I know my style and my size will probably change eventually.  ;) And it's nice to mix it up with new clothes - easier to do when they were cheap to start with. ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab