Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR M Processing times  (Read 5724 times)

• Liked: 1260
FLR M Processing times
« on: June 03, 2016, 11:27:55 AM »
Hi guys - does anybody know the latest processing times? I'm at work and having a bit of trouble with the .gov website. My application only was received on Tuesday, but I've suddenly got crazy curious about the most recent processing times for FLR-M. I've looked at a few other questions here about processing times but they don't seem to be in the same location so assuming it's just for a standard spousal or work visa?

Thanks!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 537
Re: FLR M Processing times
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 12:34:18 PM »
When I applied in July of 2014 it took 5 weeks from start to finish. That includes the extra week for them to fix my birth year. Someone had miskeyed it as 1908. I look damn good for someone  108... don't I?

Once they take your payment for the app it's about a week for them to send you your paperwork and your invitation to have your biometrics done at a post office. Check that paperwork! If there is a mistake it has to be corrected as everything must match your passport.

Find your closest post office who can do biometrics, not all of them can. Then after your biometrics are taken it's a few more weeks before you'll get a decision. FLR doesn't have a huge backlog most of the time.

I did try and find the place to see what the previous month's times are, but I can't remember where it's found... sorry.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 01:02:26 PM »
When I applied in July of 2014 it took 5 weeks from start to finish. That includes the extra week for them to fix my birth year. Someone had miskeyed it as 1908. I look damn good for someone  108... don't I?

Once they take your payment for the app it's about a week for them to send you your paperwork and your invitation to have your biometrics done at a post office. Check that paperwork! If there is a mistake it has to be corrected as everything must match your passport.

Find your closest post office who can do biometrics, not all of them can. Then after your biometrics are taken it's a few more weeks before you'll get a decision. FLR doesn't have a huge backlog most of the time.

I did try and find the place to see what the previous month's times are, but I can't remember where it's found... sorry.

You do indeed look REMARKABLE for 108! hahah

Thanks for this! That is relatively quick actually! I read on another post something like up to 6 months!! I am just being super impatient if I'm honest, because I've never been an patient person especially when it's something important!

I tried checking the website but it sent me around in circles and then i had some problems connecting to it. Thanks as well for the tip about double checking all the biometrics paperworks! I likely would have been so excited that I would have just gone with it  ;)

Hopefully the processing time is still similar to when you applied!

Thanks again! x
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 01:06:18 PM »
Thanks for this! That is relatively quick actually! I read on another post something like up to 6 months!! I am just being super impatient if I'm honest, because I've never been an patient person especially when it's something important!

It can take up to 6 months (that's their standards processing time), but generally it's been taking 1-2 months recently.

It does all depend on how busy they are at the time you apply. Back in 2012, it was taking only 4 weeks in January, but by the summer, large volumes of applications and staff shortages led to a massive backlog and processing times increased to 10 months!

It hasn't been that bad since then, but generally it seems to fluctuate between 1 month and 3-4 months.

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 01:07:41 PM »

It hasn't been that bad since then, but generally it seems to fluctuate between 1 month and 3-4 months.

Still not too bad! Thanks for the reply :) x
My, how time flies....

FLR M Processing times
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 06:44:12 PM »
Just a quick update for anybody else curious about the processing times, I think I submitted ours on the 28th of May, and yesterday we got a letter saying it's been received and will begin with processing with a decision within 8 weeks time. That was postmarked the 6th of June. Today I came home to another letter requesting my biometrics be done at Post Office. I will probably get this done on my lunch break tomorrow so it's done and dusted. Felt like the process began a lot quicker than expected! But let's see how long it takes for the rest! :) x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 537
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 05:26:11 PM »
Just in case: Did you check and make sure the info was right?
:)
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 01:05:46 PM »
Just in case: Did you check and make sure the info was right?
:)

haha after reading what you said, I double, triple, and quadrouple checked! and the lady at the post office asked me to confirm full name and DOB so, beyond the potential of a spelling error i might have missed those times, it's essentially been checked again today! :)

Just in case others are curious and following to see how long theirs will take - I went Friday to have biometrics sorted but there was a nationwide error and the system was down. I went back today on my lunch break and it's now been sorted. I will confirm once I hear any more :)
My, how time flies....

• Great-I-Am
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 12:37:21 PM »
I think you will be hearing from them anytime from now. I submitted mine on 23/6/16 which was after yours payment was taken 27/06/16 and i did Biometrics 5/7/16. I am hopeful that i will get a response by the end of the month. My wife got her settled status and she did that face to face and when she asked was told FLRM is quick and will be about 6weeks from the date application was posted.
I just didnt think spending over £1k for doing face to face with my son was an appropriate way to spend money. Goodluck. will let you know when mine arrives.

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 12:42:25 PM »
I think you will be hearing from them anytime from now. I submitted mine on 23/6/16 which was after yours payment was taken 27/06/16 and i did Biometrics 5/7/16. I am hopeful that i will get a response by the end of the month. My wife got her settled status and she did that face to face and when she asked was told FLRM is quick and will be about 6weeks from the date application was posted.
I just didnt think spending over £1k for doing face to face with my son was an appropriate way to spend money. Goodluck. will let you know when mine arrives.

Hope so! My anxiety levels have started increasing! LOL

Still not heard back yet! I personally couldn't justify spending the additional few hundred for the face-to-face and that was only for me (I don't have kids). It's expensive enough as it is and I'm still paying off £200 of it from my credit card and that was the normal postage one. Obviously it's less stress and some people will prefer it, but as we bought a house a few months ago, I just couldn't afford to do that but I was hoping I would've heard something by now - even though I know I'm a bit early. They still have a few weeks left before they hit 8 weeks. I've been doing the overly nervous "check all the things" to make sure they didn't email me looking for a follow up or something and I just missed it (they haven't to my knowledge).

Will let you know when I hear back as it might help you with your timelines :)
My, how time flies....

• Great-I-Am
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 09:43:09 AM »
I try not to worry but i am optimistic that mine will come before the end of July. My Wife's face to face was staright forward as we had everything intact for them. We arranged the documents and labelled each folder boldly with what we are sending for ease of reference.

We however did not wait for her to receive the Biometric card for settlement before we put in our application. I just attached a copy of the letter she was given saying she now have the indefinate leave to remain. However, she got the biometric card within 4 days after her face to face application. The waiting game continues but do not worry at all

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 09:45:12 AM »
I try not to worry but i am optimistic that mine will come before the end of July. My Wife's face to face was staright forward as we had everything intact for them. We arranged the documents and labelled each folder boldly with what we are sending for ease of reference.

We however did not wait for her to receive the Biometric card for settlement before we put in our application. I just attached a copy of the letter she was given saying she now have the indefinate leave to remain. However, she got the biometric card within 4 days after her face to face application. The waiting game continues but do not worry at all

Bit confused, sorry - if she had ILR approved face-to-face, which application did you need to submit?
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2016, 10:14:32 AM »
Bit confused, sorry - if she had ILR approved face-to-face, which application did you need to submit?

It looks like poladime's wife is not a UKC but recently obtained ILR. Poladime must have been in the UK on another visa and has now applied for FLR(M) based on his wife's settled status.

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2016, 10:17:32 AM »
It looks like poladime's wife is not a UKC but recently obtained ILR. Poladime must have been in the UK on another visa and has now applied for FLR(M) based on his wife's settled status.

Ahh right okay! I was just confused and wondering why they would need the ILR done beforehand with the biometrics card before being able to apply for other things, but makes sense now.
My, how time flies....

• Great-I-Am
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2016, 11:50:28 AM »
Larrabee you are right and have explained it correctly. The change in the rules kinda affected me. Came in as a student, married in 2005. my wife joined me in 2005 as a dependant. got a job abroad and left in 2007 but my wife stayed behind to study. I didnt return until 2011 to rejoin her as her dependant because she changed her status having graduated and started her phd.

Because i have been out of the country for more than a year (i think) i cannot now get the indefinate leave to remain. she has continous stay for 10years and she got it straight away. I have been back for 5 years now and have to stay another 5 years to be qualified for long residence.  I understand they may grant me 3years and i will have to apply for another 2 years before i even get the ILR.

I feel it is a long winded process particularly as we have been married over 10years and have been together and have kids and have even bought a house here. This also means i will have to pay visa fees (which may have gone further high) 2 more times before i get the settled status. I am really hoping that the rules change for better before then.

Sponsored Links